Training Academy: The Next Step

41 replies to this topic

#41 Blacksheep One

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Beer and Cheese

Posted 06 January 2019 - 05:45 PM

View PostPurple Invention, on 14 December 2018 - 12:12 PM, said:

Great suggestions here and I certainly hope some of them will be implemented.

For me, with only six months of play, I find that the main thing missing is the ability to shoot a moving mech while moving myself. Yes there is a “ shooting gallery” type event but my mech must remain in one spot.

Also, as it is now, you can wander into River City and mechs will shoot at you once in range...but they are also stationary. If only these mechs followed a simple patrol path and basically shoot and rush you, it would be so helpful. With both my mech and the enemy mech in motion, it would simulate a real battle, at least to some extent.
Thanks and PGI, people do use the academy a fair bit. i work on my aim everyday by shooting at the turrets that display the damage and I find this very helpful indeed!

Very much this. And yes, "Defense against the Dark Arts" ... er, Light Mechs. :) That, moving targets, and LRM dodging/defense would (ideally) cut down on complaints as people can practice somewhere it "doesn't matter" (versus team/faction/quick play.)

#42 Mechwarrior 37

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 05:55 PM

It needs to have a lot more training exercises set up. It needs to be A.I. no player will want to do it.

Look at the things they have now. They could run a new player down every map and show where Gens are and how to take down gates. They could show how to work in an A.I. lance.

But, they are not going to. They cannot spend the money. And the argument can be made that it is not their job to improve new players and it interferes in natural selection.

What we are doing here is a mental MWO circle jer...party. And I've done a lot of it but the truth is, making the Acadamy better will not add to the income of this game.

Few companies will or can afford to do spend money for no reward. We have talked about things like this for years and we get a new mech package.

And I understand that PGI does not really own this game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users