5 replies to this topic

#1 Shadowdusk

• PipPipPip
  • The Forbidden
  • The Forbidden
  • 66 posts
  • LocationIn the depths of nowhere.

Posted 19 December 2023 - 08:36 AM

This is the only map I absolutely hate. I love playing snipers and mediums. CN is horrible for both. Its small and extremely annoying especially since everyone keeps picking it. it's also boring now. Are we ever getting an improvement? Maybe a day and night version? Or a raining verson? I would love to see a much larger map too. Something fun to run around in. Everyone will love it!

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,580 posts

Posted 19 December 2023 - 09:04 AM

View PostShadowdusk, on 19 December 2023 - 08:36 AM, said:

This is the only map I absolutely hate. I love playing snipers and mediums. CN is horrible for both. Its small and extremely annoying especially since everyone keeps picking it. it's also boring now. Are we ever getting an improvement? Maybe a day and night version? Or a raining verson? I would love to see a much larger map too. Something fun to run around in. Everyone will love it!

Actually, the original Canyon Network map had cover in the centre of the map, but PGI has removed that rock to make sniping easier.

#3 Shadowdusk

• PipPipPip
  • The Forbidden
  • The Forbidden
  • 66 posts
  • LocationIn the depths of nowhere.

Posted 19 December 2023 - 09:39 AM

Dude, sniping only got harder since they removed it. It had the opposite effect. That rock provided cover.

#4 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,580 posts

Posted 19 December 2023 - 10:12 AM

View PostShadowdusk, on 19 December 2023 - 09:39 AM, said:

Dude, sniping only got harder since they removed it. It had the opposite effect. That rock provided cover.

Before: A big rock obstructing the sniper's field of fire and creating a blind spot behind it, right in the centre of the map.

After: Rock deleted. Sniper commands the unobstructed field of fire and he can fire across the map as far as his weapons can shoot.

#5 JumpingHunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 219 posts

Posted 19 December 2023 - 11:49 AM

I do hate CN very much too, simply because of it being SO GOD DAMN popular that whenever it is on screen everyone just pick it no matter what. It's just annoying to have 50% of matches going on this map only. And even worse thing is that these 50% of matches really tend to be almost all just straight up bad. I dont know the reason but these matches on CN are always either a 12 to 1 stomp or 12 to 1 loss, very rarely actually good matches occur. Thats probably because of NASCAR problems this map has, which is just not helping at all.

Would love to see it remade, however i'm almost sure it's not gonna happen in our life time. Just got the feeling of it for some reason...

#6 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 04 January 2024 - 11:29 PM

This thread was moved to map feedback / Canyon Network

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users