#1 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 05:07 PM

http://mwomercs.com/...ejuly-road-map/

Long Tom adjustments
Blast Radius is being reduced from 300m to 200m, max amount of Damage to a single ‘Mech is being reduced from 150DMG per component to 120 DMG per component.

Thank goodness. Now if you bring a 100 ton Direwolf it will only be crippled beyond use instead of out-right killed. Oh and don't you worry about ejecting. Long Tom just stepped out for some of his "medicine". He's coming right back in two minutes to teach you the meaning of respect and how your generation is a bunch of entitled whiners.

The reduced radius will also mean you might only lose or cripple 2-3 mechs every 2 minutes instead of 4 or 5.

Also they're going to keep Long Tom's cooldown precisely aligned with the dropship cooldown so that it can continue focusing down freshly dropped mechs that are forcibly clustered in a tight spot and unable to move. Incidentally, did you know that Long Tom cannot abide crowds?

Having the cooldown set at 2 minutes resulting in up to 14 separate visits from Long Tom is in no way unreasonable. Especially in a game with Limited respawns and a counter-attack game mode that is decided by kill count.

They're also totally not double counting torsos in the maximum damage per mech. A maximum of 1,320 damage per mech is a completely reasonable amount.

Finally, terrain and elevation will continue playing absolutely no role in blocking or reducing damage. As we all know Long Tom is deeply suspicious of people who try to avoid his company. He will burst through meters of solid rock and concrete to find you.

As we all know people really enjoy being bombed out of the sky with virtually no in-game recourse. I'm sure the queue numbers for those planets are going to really take off after this change. It totally wont continue relying on suckers not checking the scouting percentage before launching.

Edited by Jman5, 13 July 2016 - 05:32 PM.

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 13 July 2016 - 05:10 PM

I am sad that they are not removing LT. In that case LT should have 5 minute interval on top of those nerfs, at the least.

PGI is strangling FW themselves, and wondering why no one is playing it outside of events.

Edited by El Bandito, 13 July 2016 - 05:11 PM.

#3 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 13 July 2016 - 05:13 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 13 July 2016 - 05:10 PM, said:

I am sad that they are not removing LT. In that case LT should have 5 minute interval on top of those nerfs, at the least.

PGI is strangling FW themselves, and wondering why no one is playing it outside of events.

If it's going to fire that frequently, it should just be basically a regular artillery strike - something that'll do damage, but not utterly ruin mechs. Even if it doesn't kill them, the LT effectively kills - it does so much damage that mech is wrecked.

though really, it should be flat out removed and replaced by 100% UAV coverage all the time. That'd be a significant advantage, but one that had to be exploited by the team possessing it - it couldn't win games on it's own.

#4 Brain Cancer

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 05:15 PM

Calling it "Uncle T--" a term that's censored without the Long part in the middle.

Isn't that a teensy bit racist?

Edited by Brain Cancer, 13 July 2016 - 05:16 PM.

#5 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 13 July 2016 - 05:17 PM

Our balance overlords have the pulse of the game.

Obviously they play their own game, amirite?

#6 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 13 July 2016 - 05:22 PM

View PostBrain Cancer, on 13 July 2016 - 05:15 PM, said:

Calling it "Uncle T--" a term that's censored without the Long part in the middle.

Uncle T*m is racist?

I don't understand. Why? Is Uncle Tim racist? What about Aunt May?

*sighs*

Edited by Wintersdark, 13 July 2016 - 05:22 PM.

#7 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 05:22 PM

View PostBrain Cancer, on 13 July 2016 - 05:15 PM, said:

I never read the book. If people are offended by it, I can change it. I was going for the angry drunk uncle analogy who everyone in the family avoids as much as they can, but he shows up at every family function.

Edit: I looked it up, and it seems the opposite of what I was going for so I took it out to make it less confusing and to keep us from being k-towned.

Edited by Jman5, 13 July 2016 - 05:45 PM.

#8 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 13 July 2016 - 05:24 PM

Phew.

#9 Moldur

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,232 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 05:26 PM

On the plus side, this means the long tom users will be getting kills added to their score instead of watching an environmental kill take all of their points.

#10 Brain Cancer

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 05:26 PM

View PostJman5, on 13 July 2016 - 05:22 PM, said:

I never read the book. If people are offended by it, I can change it. I was going for the angry drunk uncle analogy who everyone in the family avoids as much as they can.

It gets used as a "black man who sells out to white men" thing and the forum actually censors it as a dirty word.

#11 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 05:28 PM

Can someone volunteer Russ or Paul for live Long Tom testing?

Things will go swell.

#12 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 05:31 PM

I dont have my compendium on me but... Didnt do long tom do only 30 damage to the center hex, 20 to the next hex, and 10 to the last hex... In 5 damage spreads???

I dont see how it can do 120 per component???

Edit: someone please correct me if I am wrong, I am going off by memory.

Edited by Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky, 13 July 2016 - 05:32 PM.

#13 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 13 July 2016 - 05:34 PM

"Only" 120 damage.

The maximum health that a head can have is 33.

#14 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 13 July 2016 - 05:35 PM

#Scouting=Essential

Seriously though... why don't they just make it refill the arty consumable every at no charge every 2 minutes or something.

#15 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 05:36 PM

So LT does a good 10 kills and 4k damage in a short 20 min match now against a good, we'll coordinated team. Twice that or more against pug or mixed teams.

Yeah. Way better.

Russ should have just Tweeted "Yeah, not sure why any of you still play FW. If this doesn't shoe you how oblivious we are I'm not sure what will."

It would be a refreshing dose of honesty.

#16 Brain Cancer

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 05:42 PM

http://www.sarna.net...Artillery_Piece

Damage 30/20/10

The only thing I can find that does that much damage is the Davy Crockett, which is a nuke that deals 100 damage, -5 damage per hex away from ground zero if it's a ground strike (out to 40 hexes away- airburst is -4 damage per hex, out to 53 hexes).

As the secondary effect. The primary effect of the blast has a very good chance of instakilling anything inside a 20 hex range of ground zero, period.

#17 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 July 2016 - 05:45 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 13 July 2016 - 05:13 PM, said:

If it's going to fire that frequently, it should just be basically a regular artillery strike - something that'll do damage, but not utterly ruin mechs. Even if it doesn't kill them, the LT effectively kills - it does so much damage that mech is wrecked.

though really, it should be flat out removed and replaced by 100% UAV coverage all the time. That'd be a significant advantage, but one that had to be exploited by the team possessing it - it couldn't win games on it's own.

Id like the idea of the LT being able to be mounted on a mech. That way you could aim into another game lol. Then other people would get all Giddy when they see a LT carrier all alone, like ppl do for LRM carriers lol

#18 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 05:51 PM

View PostFupDup, on 13 July 2016 - 05:34 PM, said:

"Only" 120 damage.

Remember Day 1 of the Long Tom?

Long Tom was a headshot hax0r.

Truly moar elite than DropshipJesus.

#19 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 06:39 PM

Because shutting down the 12man queue from 4man queue is good design because a game system that is based around getting other people not to play is amazing.

Edited by MischiefSC, 13 July 2016 - 06:40 PM.

#20 Mcgral18

• CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 13 July 2016 - 06:39 PM

Posted Image

View PostFupDup, on 13 July 2016 - 05:34 PM, said:

"Only" 120 damage.

Let us Maths!

33/120=.275
Under 33 damage at 72.5% of the radius
145M Kill Zone

A nice change from 280, but still over 70% of the blast radius will potentially kill you if you're staring at it.
At least it won't blow your Goose Waffles out from the back, if it doesn't outright kill you, because they no longer Crit.

Edited by Mcgral18, 13 July 2016 - 06:40 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users