The #1 Problem With Terra Therma Is Spawn Locations

10 replies to this topic

#1 Sader325

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 05:58 AM

followed by invisible walls in the middle area.

Terra therma needs spawns that are far closer together than the spawns we have currently. The reason teams meet up in the center is simply because its the fastest, easiest way to do so. If you allow teams to drop together, we can choose to go somewhere else other than the center and perhaps use other parts of the map that never get used.

#2 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 15 July 2016 - 06:00 AM

the question is if closer spawnes wouldn't cause a nsacar around the volcano.

#3 HammerMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 15 July 2016 - 11:58 AM

Here's an idea. Terra Therma II (electric boogaloo). Take all the best of the map ( hills, lava or basically 95% of the map). DO NOT have central volcano. Profit. Domination on Therma is trash. At least other modes not going center is an option.

#4 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 15 July 2016 - 01:20 PM

Or if no new versions, punish sitting in the caldera with even more heat. It's not currently enough.

#5 Pjwned

• Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 19 July 2016 - 07:45 PM

The thing is that those spawn locations work just fine on Conquest. Maybe on Skirmish and (to a lesser extent) Assault we could have the spawn points be closer, but Terra Therma on Conquest is probably among my favorite map/mode combinations and has been for a while because you get some real brawling and fighting over bases.

#6 Darth Futuza

• 1,239 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 08:15 PM

View PostHammerMaster, on 15 July 2016 - 01:20 PM, said:

Or if no new versions, punish sitting in the caldera with even more heat. It's not currently enough.

Enough so that you gain 1% heat on most mechs, just getting near the place and it means death to go inside without a heatsink boat.

#7 Cyrilis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 760 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Urbie pilots

Posted 25 July 2016 - 06:58 AM

Concerning spawn points...
Here is a nasty and funny Idea:
You all know the situation. Team dead, one AFK at spawn and it takes the enemy another 3 minutes to find and kill him.

Easy solution:
give the dropship pilots a good tankard of ale and make them drop the mechs in a lava pit.
If your life, you get a few percent of heat and thats it.
if your AFK... well... remember what happened with the ring in mount doom?
The AFK player gets molten, no more waiting and a good laugh anyway!

you game?

#8 Darth Futuza

• 1,239 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 09:24 AM

You actually expect the drunk dropship pilots to be competent enough to find the mech they previously dropped off?

#9 Omaha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 559 posts
  • LocationAnywhere

Posted 25 July 2016 - 10:51 AM

Nuu not the lava pit, thats my super secret mid entrance! It's pretty funny most ppl don't even look down until they see someone fall in. 75% of the time you'll find me there sniping from below. By the time the team notices, most ppl in mid ring, are already half a mech. I got some other good spots, but those are classified,

Edited by Omaha, 25 July 2016 - 11:05 AM.

#10 Cyrilis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 760 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Urbie pilots

Posted 26 July 2016 - 02:34 AM

View PostOmaha, on 25 July 2016 - 10:51 AM, said:

Nuu not the lava pit, thats my super secret mid entrance! It's pretty funny most ppl don't even look down until they see someone fall in. 75% of the time you'll find me there sniping from below. By the time the team notices, most ppl in mid ring, are already half a mech. I got some other good spots, but those are classified,

Naa, your secret will not be known...
I thought about adding a lava pit just at the place where the mechs are usually dropped.

#11 Sader325

• 1,181 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 05:58 PM

Terra Therma has one major problem and its is the spawn locations, they're stupidly spread out and they force everyone to rush the middle to regroup. The solution of course is to take command and force your team to regroup, but not everyone wants to have to pug command every game to win.

You did it for Alpine, do it for Terra therma, and the map will function a hell of a lot better.

https://www.twitch.t...r325/v/83099262

I don't want to herd cats to make the map play well. Just ******* drop the teams together.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users