51 replies to this topic

#1 BabyCakes666

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 06:09 AM

my vid will prove to you PGI that its not OP

it took a hole team of locusts to kill me NOT ONE!!

A TEAM KILLED ME A TEEEEEEEEAM!!

and locust are T5 mechs SO WHY NERF THEM!!

if you new how to make a game all mechs would be in t3-1

there would not be a t4-5 because all mechs would be balanced

plz stop doing stooped **** PGI love babycakes

#2 BabyCakes666

• Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 05:43 PM

so no one else thinks the locust is just fine were it is :/

#3 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,658 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 16 July 2016 - 05:56 PM

After mastering... that word is so close to that other word that Russ uses against the dartboards..... all my locusts this weekend, I will DEFINITELY miss those duration quirks.. geez...:)

#4 Cybrid 0x0t2md2w

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 97 posts
  • Locationthe chewy cookie behind you

Posted 16 July 2016 - 06:22 PM

the locust is in a good place, the problem is the other lights need some love

but you know, what ever. My 3s wannabe oxide locust is gonna makes some "changes" to anything it finds in-game should they not catch it first. Especially if it has a pgi emblem whether it's pgi or ngng.

Posted Image

maybe because of skewed results like this pgi decides MUST NERF. When in reality this just means nobody caught it first and the team was reliable on my side, in SOLO-QUEUE QUICKPLAY under rngesus.

Edited by Cybrid 0x0t2md2w, 16 July 2016 - 06:27 PM.

#5 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,658 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 16 July 2016 - 06:26 PM

I would actually say that the locust rescale was over done. There is simply no room in the locust for that bulky fusion engine.

#6 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 08:28 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 16 July 2016 - 06:26 PM, said:

I would actually say that the locust rescale was over done. There is simply no room in the locust for that bulky fusion engine.

Perhaps, but then again the AC/20 likes to change size depending on what 'Mech you stick it on, so...meh.

#7 BabyCakes666

• Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 10:05 PM

locust was fine so was the cent

why nerf them

PGI dose some stooped **** most of the time

i don't get there idea processes :/

#8 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 735 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 16 July 2016 - 10:53 PM

Locust is fine as is, this whole sh*t pile started after they nerfed all other lights to oblivion. Why did people ran to pilot Locusts and cheetahs? Because they are oh-so-uber-mega-OP? no, it´s because NO OTHER F*CKING LIGHT IS WORTH A D*MN NOW. But try getting that into Paul Inouye's genius mind...

View PostYeonne Greene, on 16 July 2016 - 08:28 PM, said:

Perhaps, but then again the AC/20 likes to change size depending on what 'Mech you stick it on, so...meh.

Funny, that reminds me of how laser casings in the Mist Lynx are 3 times as bigger as the Hunchback's for example.
Oh look, another instance of PGI giving the finger to light pilots!

#9 meteorol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 10:59 PM

1 match doesn't prove for anything, which you know. But you were only looking for clickbait for your trashy video anyway.

#10 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 16 July 2016 - 11:11 PM

Eh, I thought the video was pretty good. Then again, I shamelessly pilot a Pirates Bane so, take what you will. Anyways, Locusts have never been meta or OP in any way. As a matter of fact, It only recently lost the dubious honour of being the premier troll mech. That title belongs to the Urbie. Now, the Locust is pretty much the equivalent of the Piranha, a.k.a an annoying anklebiter.

#11 BabyCakes666

• Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 01:35 AM

there not OP as we all know

so how bad of a player at PGI dose one have to be to want to nerf locusts ?

#12 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 17 July 2016 - 02:58 AM

lol so many lolcusts

#13 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 09:20 AM

View PostRequiemking, on 16 July 2016 - 11:11 PM, said:

Eh, I thought the video was pretty good. Then again, I shamelessly pilot a Pirates Bane so, take what you will. Anyways, Locusts have never been meta or OP in any way. As a matter of fact, It only recently lost the dubious honour of being the premier troll mech. That title belongs to the Urbie. Now, the Locust is pretty much the equivalent of the Piranha, a.k.a an annoying anklebiter.

I think the best troll 'Mech is still a Spider 5V. With a STD engine.

#14 Kadreal

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 91 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 09:32 AM

People are just trying to get a few more good games in their LCT before they are sold to free up some mechs bays after the patch....

#15 Mechwarrior1441491

• 1,157 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 10:26 AM

75 damage haha.

#16 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 July 2016 - 10:45 AM

Problem with lights is four-fold

1) PGI chose lasers to have a beam duration. With the speed of most lights it is impossible to keep lasers on them for any significant time and therefore they have armour that appears to be extremely tanky. Clan missiles and ballistics are stream so very few actually hit before the light gets under cover.

2) PGI has included Acceleration/Deceleration and turn rate quirks on many light mechs and therefore they have physic breaking start and stop times and turn. It is nearly impossible to hit if they are not stationary or running in a direct line - you have to guess.

3) Hitboxes have always been a problem with some light mechs. If it was just a matter of light mechs being fast to make pilots miss them then that would be one thing (see above), but when shut down mechs absorb damage like assaults then they either have messed up hitboxes, or pilots are taking advantage of lag and speed to prevent proper damage from registering.

4) Some lights can carry too many weapons and have weapon overquirks that make lights too powerful for their weight.

The fact that lights feel comfortable brawling despite a single life is evidence. Also the fact that a light can run thru an enemy team without much fear is also evidence. You would never see a light survive that in MW4, but then in MW4 most games with respawn so they didn't care as they would have another life waiting. To be so reckless in a light with a single life in MWO is evidence there is a problem.

My suggestions are to reduce beam durations even further, reduce or eliminate acc/dec/turn quirks from light mechs, and create a respawn game mode so lights can still do what they are doing now. Or, simply reward lights for doing other things like scouting and spotting.

#17 MauttyKoray

• 2,831 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 03:26 PM

View PostBabyCakes666, on 16 July 2016 - 05:43 PM, said:

so no one else thinks the locust is just fine were it is :/

I thought the ridiculous laser quirks on the one variant needed it (LPL machine gun anyone?) but I think it still needed to keep a less powerful version of that quirk.

The locusts die ridiculously easy still and I can't facepalm hard enough seeing them nerf locusts.

#18 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 03:35 PM

View PostPraetorGix, on 16 July 2016 - 10:53 PM, said:

Locust is fine as is, this whole sh*t pile started after they nerfed all other lights to oblivion. Why did people ran to pilot Locusts and cheetahs? Because they are oh-so-uber-mega-OP? no, it´s because NO OTHER F*CKING LIGHT IS WORTH A D*MN NOW. But try getting that into Paul Inouye's genius mind...

Funny, that reminds me of how laser casings in the Mist Lynx are 3 times as bigger as the Hunchback's for example.
Oh look, another instance of PGI giving the finger to light pilots!

Smaller laser boxes won't help the MLX much. Needs arm armor.

#19 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 17 July 2016 - 03:39 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 17 July 2016 - 03:35 PM, said:

Smaller laser boxes won't help the MLX much. Needs arm armor.

Posted Image

While I disagree about smaller geometry not having an impact (it seriously does), even if we ignore the level of impact I think that it just looks more aesthetically pleasing for the weapon boxes to be sized similarly to the weapons inside of them. Having a gigantic empty box that dwarfs the size of the laser nub stuck to it looks a tad cartoonish to me.

#20 Kirkland Langue

• Bad Company
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 03:55 PM

From the very beginning, Light mechs have had exactly one problem: Players were able to jump into the game and buy whatever mech they wanted to pilot.

Because Players were able to play any mech they wanted - in order to get players to play light mechs; they couldn't be "inferior" to Assaults. It's nonsense - Light mechs should be scouts at most, or fodder if things go poorly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users