• 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 17 July 2016 - 11:45 PM

Posted Image
another boy without a father
as usually violence hurt the innocent

ignorance sucks - people sucks

Spoiler

Edited by Karl Streiger, 17 July 2016 - 11:47 PM.

#2 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 18 July 2016 - 07:22 AM

Irrational violence has no rational.

This men are trying to protect us from this evil, yet they are often it's victims.

#3 XxXAbsolutZeroXxX

• The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 01:03 PM

This is an extremely ugly topic.

Everytime a cop is shot there is a ridiculous amount of sympathy.

But when police shoot someone accidentally or without just cause, it seems like no one cares.

Its becoming increasingly obvious and a lot of ppl are upset about it.

#4 XxXAbsolutZeroXxX

• The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 01:34 PM

View PostMarack Drock the Unicorn Wizard, on 18 July 2016 - 01:20 PM, said:

You really are dense if you believe that. Why don't you read some news articles... 9 times out of 10 police officers are portrayed as evil ******* in Media, because they kill people. The only deaths reported on media are those of the people cops shoot.

There is NEVER sympathy when cops are shot. We NEVER HEAR ABOUT IT EVER.

This year is the first year I have ever seen a media report over police officers being shot.

I think what you mean to say is, this is the first year you have seen police be deliberately targeted in shootings.

So tell me, how many news stories have you seen where police were credited with shooting and killing more americans accidentally than deranged psychopaths or ISIS combined? How many news stories have you seen that touted statistics about police body cam videos being released if they show police are innocent and withheld if they show police are guilty?

That said why isn't there more of a push for better police training and an end to the war on drugs? If police were better trained less people would be shot and less cops would be shot in retaliation. If police treated people more humanely and fairly, there wouldn't be as much negative sentiment directed towards them.

Its confusing to me that we disagree on this, but tell me where's the push for steps to make things better?

#5 RedDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts
  • LocationKurpfalz, Germany

Posted 19 July 2016 - 12:46 AM

And still he's against gun regulations. I just can't get my head around American people.

Fun fact: Being a member of the police in th US isn't even among the 10 most deadly professions. In fact it's twice as deadly to be a truck driver in the US than a cop, going by the statistics.

#6 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 19 July 2016 - 08:46 AM

Come on not again.
I really started this topic because of the immense tradegy - of this shooting - ok it is just exemplary for every senseless dead in the world

It doesn't matter if black or white if arab or atheist.
If you starve or get bombed - every has a mother a father maybe children and each dead leaves a big hole in a family.

Anyhow each dead is because of either greed, religion or ignorance.

With greed as the worst part. Those officers and those that were shot by them in tragic accidents are because of a big portion of greed and a minor but still important part of ignorance.

We may discuss in a different topic - please don't repeat the mistake of the last topic a week ago

#7 RedDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts
  • LocationKurpfalz, Germany

Posted 19 July 2016 - 12:15 PM

View PostMarack Drock the Unicorn Wizard, on 19 July 2016 - 07:46 AM, said:

It would figure that you can't wrap your head around Americans... seeing as how you are a German in the most fun regulated nation in the world, with a government built completely on fear of what you did in the past.

Try again. Actually we have a lot more fun than you guys. Here you can drink with 16 or 18 (also stuff like Absinthe), we can see sex and nudes on TV and we even can buy Kinder Eggs. What IS regulated here is stuff like not every moron can buy guns (that's why we it's very rare to get shot around here, by the way) and it is forbidden to associate with {Godwin's Law} ideologism (a thing we learned from our past - that's what mistakes are for). Which, in my book, is a pretty good thing.
Sure, we have a lot of idiotic things in our country, who hasn't? If you'd call us out for our weak politicians who brown-nose guys like RecepErdogan just to not lose Turkey as a politcal ally, I'd gladly applaud you.
But plugging your ears with your fingers and going "Lalala I can't hear you because you are not an American" is just dumb. Recognizing that free gun laws is a bad thing has nothing to do with nationality, it's a matter of common sense.

You yourself say that you know at least 4 people who were involved or harmed in shooting accidents. Over here you'd be hard pressed to find a single guy under the thousands on the street who knows someone who actually ever got into contact with the wrong side of a firearm or even a gun at all. Over here the common guy does not have to live in fear of ever being shot. Most likely most Germans will never see a gun for real and will never know anyone who was harmed by one.
I just can't understand how this can be seen as a bad thing.
What my American friends tell me, over there it is rather uncommon to not know at least one guy who hasn't been involved in an accident with guns or who on their part know someone who was. And I think it is pretty sad to just accept this as the price for the "freedom" to collect as many guns as you like.
And this is where we are on topic again: Sure it is a tragedy that another cop was shot. But sadly it is not an unforeseeable tragedy. It is a probable tragedy that will repeat itself without any doubt. It's like letting your kids play with hand grenades and then bemourning the loss when one of them explodes. Surely it's tragic, but everyone has seen it coming and it won't stop if you keep letting them play with hand grenades.

#8 XxXAbsolutZeroXxX

• The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 12:53 PM

View PostMarack Drock the Unicorn Wizard, on 18 July 2016 - 02:37 PM, said:

Honestly cops are treated like **** in American society. That is how they have always been. Go out and ask people how they feel about police. Most of the people I meet say they are all a bunch of scum. And the media ALWAYS portrays cops as horrible people 9/10 times.

As for the rest of what you say I do agree. Cops need more training and such. However training is a lot harder to do when your police force is under funded and has no money, and our nation is so bankrupt it can't give them money any more.

My sister was saved by a police officer who took a bullet for her. My cousin was shot dead in a targeted ambush as a cop. I have known 2 other police men who are now dead from being shot by gangs. I never heard anything about them though and what they did to protect us.

Now I am done in this thread. I also am going to report this thread. I am getting tired of our fun forums being crowded by CoC infringements (no talks of real life violence).

I don't have anything against cops. There have been a few times when cops could have arrested me and my friends for things we did and they let us go. Based on my experiences I would say some cops are cool.

But recently it seems like things have changed for the worse. The attitude cops have and the way they carry themselves have changed. Maybe its because their training standards have decreased? I don't know what it is but something has changed. Police seem to treat people a lot worse than they used to & it is generating resentment against them.

Its also interesting how we both agree cops could be better trained and there's "no funding" for that. But there is funding for gun control? Strange how that works.

View PostRedDragon, on 19 July 2016 - 12:15 PM, said:

What IS regulated here is stuff like not every moron can buy guns (that's why we it's very rare to get shot around here, by the way) and it is forbidden to associate with {Godwin's Law} ideologism (a thing we learned from our past - that's what mistakes are for).
But plugging your ears with your fingers and going "Lalala I can't hear you because you are not an American" is just dumb. Recognizing that free gun laws is a bad thing has nothing to do with nationality, it's a matter of common sense.

You yourself say that you know at least 4 people who were involved or harmed in shooting accidents. Over here you'd be hard pressed to find a single guy under the thousands on the street who knows someone who actually ever got into contact with the wrong side of a firearm or even a gun at all. Over here the common guy does not have to live in fear of ever being shot. Most likely most Germans will never see a gun for real and will never know anyone who was harmed by one.
I just can't understand how this can be seen as a bad thing.
What my American friends tell me, over there it is rather uncommon to not know at least one guy who hasn't been involved in an accident with guns or who on their part know someone who was. And I think it is pretty sad to just accept this as the price for the "freedom" to collect as many guns as you like.
And this is where we are on topic again: Sure it is a tragedy that another cop was shot. But sadly it is not an unforeseeable tragedy. It is a probable tragedy that will repeat itself without any doubt. It's like letting your kids play with hand grenades and then bemourning the loss when one of them explodes. Surely it's tragic, but everyone has seen it coming and it won't stop if you keep letting them play with hand grenades.

Germany doesn't have poverty the way the united states does.

Some cities in the united states have higher death tolls than warzones in the middle east. Hence why some refer to chicago as chIraq.

Getting rid of guns won't change that. It won't change the fact that a lot of people are living in poverty with no way to provide for themselves and their families other than crime.

The only thing getting rid of guns does is leave people at the mercy of their government. When h1tler was in power (Godwin's law ftw) many germans wished they owned guns so that they could rise up in rebellion, but all were unarmed. That's one lesson germans don't seem to have learned.

Edited by I Zeratul I, 19 July 2016 - 12:55 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users