#1 Cato Zilks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 698 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationPrinceton, NJ

Posted 21 July 2016 - 09:33 AM

Who is voting Davion? We have a clan border? Also, do you even play CW? If not, don't vote.

I want a clan border, because Mercs like to fight on clan fronts. You get matches there. They like matches, I like matches. If we get Mercs, we might even have enough people online to have 2 companies dropping (OMG). We might even get planets.

Edited by Catalina Steiner, 21 July 2016 - 03:45 PM.
obscene language

#2 Lance425

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 110 posts
  • LocationBaton Rouge

Posted 21 July 2016 - 10:10 AM

Clans are hard Cato....

#3 Karl Marlow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 12:25 PM

You can't even interest the loyalists. Why would the Mercs give a crap? If they want to fight clans they already have 3 other options with players that give a f***

#4 Cato Zilks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 698 posts
  • LocationPrinceton, NJ

Posted 21 July 2016 - 03:32 PM

Because they would win every planet tag with us, by sheer force of number.

#5 Catalina Steiner

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 2,119 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNagelring Academy

Posted 21 July 2016 - 03:46 PM

[mod]Edited thread title for reasons of transparency and redacted opening post[/mod]

#6 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 04:54 PM

View PostCato Zilks, on 21 July 2016 - 03:32 PM, said:

Because they would win every planet tag with us, by sheer force of number.

That's never been much of an incentive before I don't know why it would magically be an incentive now. Heck in your opening post you are salivating over the prospects of getting the mighty number of 2 companies going and that is supposedly a sheer force of numbers. I guess for House Marik it is.

We have something like 600 loyalists last chart I saw. We should be having something like 8 companies on busy nights and maybe 3-4 on off nights.Can we even reliably put up 1 every night right now? You want to talk about swarming by sheer numbers. If people would show up we would have the numbers. As i recall we even managed to put together 8 companies one night for a massive drop. WE had the numbers but That wasn't the whole story was it?

The enemy has to show up. Hell that by itself is what causes merc units to pay the penalty and cancel out their contracts early with us. That is also what drove off a lot of Marik players. Some of our really good drop callers gone.from sheer boredom. Spending 4 hours over ghost drops just to get swarmed when you get close to 53% at the 11th hour. Going on to spend an additional 5 hours a night with maybe a grand total of 2 live drops and then still not getting the planet simply because we had trouble fielding a 12 man at 5am and ran out of time.

Here you are complaining that we aren't attacking Jade Falcon when it is currently being hammered by Steiner, Who has the largest combined population in the game right now, and has been depleted numerically by several merc companies moving away. The Falcons don't have the extra pilots to defend and we frankly don't have the pilots to attack even if they did. Fix the attackers problem and then maybe we can start fretting over who is voting for what.

#7 Cato Zilks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 698 posts
  • LocationPrinceton, NJ

Posted 21 July 2016 - 05:32 PM

Catalina,

Any cursing was auto-edited out by the system. Buzz off.

Thomas,

Having an enemy to fight is exactly why having a clan border is important, people show up for these fights because you don't wait all day for them.

I don't like ghost dropping Davion in the afternoon, neither do Mercs. Even if CJF is a little depleted this week, mercs will be back next week. They want matches, CJF is a guaranteed place to get matches.

Also, any clanner can defend CJF's planets when an IS faction attacks. Everytime I dropped on Sentfenburg we had a live match. We almost took the planet, but we just did not have enough people dropping (2 drops shy). If only one 12-man attacks a planet, it takes them ~5 hours of non stop wins to secure the planet. We need more people.

Having quick live drops makes us a not boring place for a mercenary group that can enable us to have the man power to take planets. They also get a Cash bonus and they can tag the planets to get MC. Every bonus works in our favor if we take the clan front. They wont come here to fight Davion because they know they will ghost drop.

View PostThomasMarik, on 21 July 2016 - 04:54 PM, said:

Here you are complaining that we aren't attacking Jade Falcon when it is currently being hammered by Steiner,

Steiner hammering?!?!?!?! CJF has been doing the hammering my friend.

If Kcom stays steiner, it could be bad news for CJF. But so far, very little has stopped the green birds. Also, CJF has 15% of the population to Steiner's 13%. So. . .

Edited by Cato Zilks, 21 July 2016 - 05:38 PM.

#8 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 21 July 2016 - 05:42 PM

View PostCato Zilks, on 21 July 2016 - 05:32 PM, said:

Catalina,

Any cursing was auto-edited out by the system. Buzz off.

I see you are great at making friends.

#9 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 05:58 PM

Since when has fighting the clans had some requirement that they border us? With all these instant matches you would think Marik would be tripping over themselves populating our queues. AS that did not and is not happening I would question this theory. After all House Marik is a southern house. You tend to get alot of people who don't want to play clan vs IS down here.

Edited by ThomasMarik, 21 July 2016 - 06:00 PM.

#10 Cato Zilks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 698 posts
  • LocationPrinceton, NJ

Posted 21 July 2016 - 06:31 PM

View PostThomasMarik, on 21 July 2016 - 05:58 PM, said:

Since when has fighting the clans had some requirement that they border us?

Sure you can go fight other houses' fights. Nothing has ever stopped you. But if you want to tag a planet, you either need to be with one of the two factions vying for the planet. As I have said, our attacks on CJF will be defensible by all 4 clan factions. Our chances of getting live matches is very high. Davion won't show up much on US afternoons/evenings.

As for not clan vs. IS, I find most people want to fight for their house and they want live drops that they can be competitive in. CJF is the best bet.

Edited by Cato Zilks, 21 July 2016 - 08:04 PM.

#11 DemonRaziel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 646 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 03:54 AM

Cato is right that in order to get more people to play the CW, they mustn't wait a generation and a half for a ghost drop, so in other words you need an active border.

Unfortunately, many Mariks (me included) couldn't be arsed to play CW these days for one reason or another, or even play the game (any mode) to be fair.

I wouldn't know if that's the case with other Houses as well, I barely know what's going on in Marik these days, with my on-off-on again-off-again week long breaks, since the game can't hold my attention for longer periods.

Anyways, I'd say that this is a discussion for the War Council and you're not going to achieve much on these poorly frequented forums when it comes to CW planning ;)

#12 Artannis Veritieri

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 02:34 PM

I think I am done with CW until we are back fighting Davion for worlds I care about. I don't have time to spend multiple hours against a faction that has the numbers to take back 2 slices per live match through ghost dropping. Who if you start doing too well take off the training wheels they have been handling you with and start an overwhelming scout assault to further turn the matches in their favor. No thanks, if I want to fight Clan I will go to quickplay.

#13 ccrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 03:35 PM

On tuesday me and the CbR1 guys are making a trip to FWL space for a week. Many of you have dropped with us, we always have a good time with ya'll so if you want some FP action, hit us up next week and we'll be happy to attack CJF with you guys.

#14 Cato Zilks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 698 posts
  • LocationPrinceton, NJ

Posted 24 July 2016 - 08:09 PM

say wha!!!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users