How Does The Urbanmech Fit In The Tactics Of The Game?

29 replies to this topic

#21 Kuaron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 08:29 PM

View Post762 NATO, on 21 October 2016 - 09:58 PM, said:

Only IS light to pack 2 LPL with a max engine and near max armor? Trolling away, then!

This doesn't speak for the max engine, and you know it. ;)

#22 Redchameleon

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 06:47 PM

I play mine as a sniper/support mech. (Use 1x ERPPC and 2x mg)

A very useful tactic I found is to stick with your heavies and assaults and protect them from lights.

#23 stealthraccoon

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 15 December 2016 - 06:43 AM

With the new armor quirks, you can shave down armor for enough tonnage to make Ballistic builds viable. The R60 gets 96 points and the 60L and 63 get 48 points, which is a really big help. 3 tons of ammo for my AC10 has been fun and I get to take more than two hits to my CT!

#24 General Pete

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 123 posts
  • Locationny usa

Posted 15 December 2016 - 10:41 AM

1st time I played an Urbie (and I paid cash for them) I played it stock, jump jetted clear over a thunderbolt, swiveled and ac/10'd it in the back a few times. I killed it (granted, my team was distracting it with mass-fire directed at it, and I died seconds later when its Cataphract friend saw me). 1st match, got a kill. Later on, after I XL'd them up, I was running on the old frozen city map near the crashed dropship and a cicada started chasing me. I swiveled 180 degrees and blasted it in the snout while running away. I killed it.

Urbies rule.

#25 no one

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 533 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 11:43 AM

View Poststealthraccoon, on 15 December 2016 - 06:43 AM, said:

With the new armor quirks, you can shave down armor for enough tonnage to make Ballistic builds viable.

Hell, I've been doing that for ages.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...aaeb7744113c147

#26 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 December 2016 - 11:48 AM

I don't own an urbie, but I have faced a few players who pilot them to an annoyingly efficient degree. They are easy to underestimate because of them being base out of a joke, but if you put jump jets and a large enough engine on there, you can be an excellent harasser/sniper and tend to be lower on the food chain of mechs to be priority targets.

#27 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 15 December 2016 - 01:34 PM

View PostZerlice, on 25 July 2016 - 01:37 AM, said:

Hey everyone!

I was browsing the store for cheap 'Mechs. (I am a big newbie and after spending a lot on my first bot, a heavy, I am rather low on funds.) And while looking for a possible light 'Mech I can across a few < 2mil Battlemechs. I was comparing them and the Urbanmech seemed the strangest...

The appearance was a bit less sleek and fast looking then the other ones, but the actual top speed interested me most. While the other lights go above 100 Km/h or very close to 100, the Urbanmech could only manage just over 30.

What exactly is the purpose of the Urbanmech? It lacks the speed that the other lights have on their side to keep out of harms way so I would expect to get killed pretty instantly in any match-up.

For the lulz actually. According to sarna, Urbanmech is for urban combat. Of course in MWO, that's just begging to get killed, so higher engine rating is preferable, 170 - 180 XL is fine.

#28 stealthraccoon

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 15 December 2016 - 01:58 PM

View Postno one, on 15 December 2016 - 11:43 AM, said:

Hell, I've been doing that for ages.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...aaeb7744113c147

Lol, even with the free 1.5 tons of armor, you probably won't need that second ton of ammo :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users