Game Crash

11 replies to this topic

#1 Softandsquishybanana

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 03:06 PM

Fread did not read number of expected bytes from file 0 of 128 read. I've noticed this problem is rampant on the forums and no one has solved the issue other than generally re-installing lol. Well the thing is it only happens on my IS account and not my clan account. I've submitted over 50+ crash reports and still no feedback or support(not that I can contact support lol, their mail client is ******). People spend alot of money on this including myself and expect things like this to be resolved, I mean over 20 posts on this error and they all get closed with no fix to the problem. Whats going on PGI do you really want to piss off your customers that bad. Please some help, anything lol! And not a re-intall response please.

#2 Ahleena Kerensky II

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 02:58 PM

Have the same issue squish and very frustrating. The bug has been around for well over a year and nothing still seems to be done about it. Cross your fingers and pray my friend but I doubt it will get fixed if not so already. A re-install will likely solve the problem but it can happen the first game you play again(happened to me, re-installed 4 times and eventually the bug pops up again) so yeah lol. It's along the lines of certain files getting corrupted but eh. GL mate.

#3 Javenri

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 171 posts
  • LocationAthens, Greece

Posted 03 August 2016 - 12:44 AM

The problem with this particular fault (at least on my PC) is that you can't just close the client and restart it. The same error occurs again and again. The only solution is to restart PC, otherwise it persists.

#4 Ahleena Kerensky II

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 04:30 AM

Ugh, I'm just about done with this. One in three games crashes at drop, getting beyond a joke. One of my mates has quit because of this bug and I'm sure many more will. It's been around for ages and PGI have just ignored it. Not a good way to treat your customers, I mean come on guys get your **** together and fix this please. I'll give it a few more days but yeah, may as well whistle dixie because the chances of PGI of even replying let alone caring is next to none from my experience.

#5 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,643 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 08 August 2016 - 03:17 AM

You might want to run a memory test. The only time that I have personally seen this error was when one of my sticks of RAM became faulty. Once I replaced the bad memory stick the problem disappeared.

http://mwomercs.com/...solved-i-think/

For just a few examples where players fixed their fread-did-not-read issue. Another where the player replaced his hard drive and doing a complete system install. There are postings for other Cryengine games generating the same error message.

For the OP, are you using the same game installation for both the Clan/IS accounts? Do you play both appropriately equal amount of time? Which queues do you primarily play in for each account? And for QP/GROUP, are both accounts the same tier?

32bit/64bit OS, 32/64bit game?

As to why one and not the other, there are individual PAK files for each mech, patterns, etc. Those PAKS have to be opened and read by the game which is done from HD to memory, but if memory is unstable/faulty, when it opens up enough PAKS to hit that trouble spot the game crash. When the game crashes unexpectedly, that can also corrupt a specific PAK(s) loaded on the HD.

When it does crash, if you are using the standalone client, run the repair tool but do not fix anything. Take a screen shot of the info/save then reboot. Do not start any other programs. Run the repair tool again and compare the results. Allow repair tool to complete its work.

#6 Kali Rinpoche

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 08 August 2016 - 09:51 PM

Your PC specs, component age, OS, memory amount, video card, etc... would help those willing to try to help to better understand just what box your running the game with.

Go to control pane>administrative tools>Computer Management>Application and services>Hardware events and check to see if you have an errors.

Also try looking at control pane>administrative tools>Computer Management>Application and services>Applications to see if you have any application errors when this crashes occur.

#7 Roger That

• Pip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 10 posts
  • LocationThe Brig on Ironhold

Posted 10 August 2016 - 11:50 AM

Fixed my crashing issues, which began about a week ago, by updating the Realtek HD audio drivers. Get the drivers from the Realtek web site (not your mobo maker) if you give this a try.

Hope that is helpful.

#8 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,643 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 10 August 2016 - 02:57 PM

View PostRoger That, on 10 August 2016 - 11:50 AM, said:

Fixed my crashing issues, which began about a week ago, by updating the Realtek HD audio drivers. Get the drivers from the Realtek web site (not your mobo maker) if you give this a try.

Hope that is helpful.

Thanks for posting!!! It does help since crashing can be caused by a variety of things.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 10 August 2016 - 02:59 PM.

#9 SirSlaughter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 370 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 11 August 2016 - 12:16 PM

I solved my startup crashes after login by deleting the C:\Users\[USERNAME]\Saved Games\MechWarrior Online folder

#10 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 06:47 PM

Ditto pretty much everyone else has already said in this thread. Not only have I been kicked out of the game completely, but there have been a large amount of disconnects in every game I have noticed ever since the last patch as well as the lag on all the three servers seems to be worse than usual.

#11 Softandsquishybanana

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 06:48 PM

I've tried everything but meh, I doubt it's fixable at my end. That last patch has screwed a fair amount of people over. I can usually get 1 or 2 games in before the crashes begin again. No amount of re-installing/repairing seems to solve the issue. I just accept the crashes now and just forget about advancing in pilot tier since I crash at drop 33%+ of the time. Never had any problem before crash and support seem not to have any answers. Just feel sorry for the inbalanced matches as a result of 1-3 DCs every game, ruining the experience. But alas I enjoy the game to much to quit(other than the fact I've invested over $100 into this). Just a side note but the lag is insane now, never had lag issues before the patch either, such a shame. Thanks for the responses, appreciated.

Edited by Softandsquishybanana, 13 August 2016 - 06:49 PM.

#12 Softandsquishybanana

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 06:57 PM

Checking the profiles of the many other people that have had this same issue and it seems nearly all(possibly all haven't checked them all yet) have quit and left the game, very sad PGI. You wonder why the population is dropping daily, eh bad customer service and programming will do that. How long will the cash grabs keep this game going I wonder, such a shame.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users