Weight limits?

8 replies to this topic

#1 Sirth

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:25 AM

I was just thinking about how some of the games (probably just Mechcommander) had a weight limit on what mechs you could field. Do you think this game would/could/should have a similar function, if anything for example to prevent mass Atlas companies, or is it not needed?

#2 Wolv e

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNew Mexico USA

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:26 AM

weight limits are needed or this will just be a heavy/assault slugfest................

#3 MechaDraco

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 136 posts
  • LocationEqustria

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:28 AM

there is a tonage weight limit from what info they have given about it, essentially it will make it so not everyone can run around in an atlas SOMEONE is gonna HAVE to pick a light or two or their just wont be enough weight to go around.

#4 Thanatos676

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 703 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:33 AM

better be a max Tonnage or Steiner will scout with a Atlas or 4....

#5 Mrllamaface

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 124 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:34 AM

I think they will have to but as Wolve said if they don't there will be a bunch of people running around in "big" mechs.

On a positive note I do believe that there are people out there that realize that bigger is not always better. And other people like myself that will pilot a mech regardless of how "good" it is just because we love the design.

On a side note it is good to see someone else from NM on the forums Wolve. You know as like what 10 people live in this state lol

#6 WardenWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:35 AM

The devs have said this is not in the beta right now (going off their word - I have no beta key yet) but something will be implemented. However, they have also said that an all-Atlas team would get its butt kicked... remember the importance of role warfare! I expect in the end we will seen balanced matchmaking based on some combination of tonnage, weight classes, battle value, and possibly even player rating.

#7 Grey Weasel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationToledo,OH

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:46 AM

Indeed! Role Warfare is what will make this game so much better than other tank games Which Shall Not Be Named (by me, at least). That company of Atlases have to slog around the battlefield and hope they chance on something, while the mixed company will have lights to spot, fire support to soften them up, mediums and fast heavies to hit and withdrawal, and assaults to finish them off. In the end it will come down to pure skill, including your commander's skill at coordinating forces.

A slug fest every once in a great while can be fun, but role warfare is much more gratifying.

#8 Laserkid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 160 posts
  • LocationRural Southern Illinois

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:58 AM

If I see a bunch of Assault mechs against my mixed lance I'll just order the scout over to the corner of the map or something then rush him into their base once I see the them come slowly at our base not like they can make it back before a cap happens....or if they do withdraw we get nice juicy back shots.

#9 Terror Teddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,877 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:13 AM

I can see it. a 400 ton battle.

Side A: 4 Atlas
Side B: 2 - 35 Tonners / 2 - 100 Tonners / 1 - 50 tonner / 2 - 40 tonners

Or hell, side B - 10 40 tonners

Side B, match won

Edited by Terror Teddy, 17 July 2012 - 10:13 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users