Killcounter In Conquest / Domination

62 replies to this topic

Poll: Killcounter Conquest / Domination (75 member(s) have cast votes)

add Killcounter for Conquest / Domination?

1. Yes (66 votes [88.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 88.00%

2. No (9 votes [12.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.00%

Vote

#61 iNfUsi0N

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 12:40 PM

up

#62 Serpentbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 485 posts
  • LocationVanvikan, Norway

Posted 15 February 2017 - 06:35 AM

Since you keep bumping this (yes it is annoying as hell) in my view completely backwards idea, I’ll repost my earlier post on why this is not the right way to go, adding some more to it.

Yes, the counter is nice because you know how many enemies are left on the battlefield. But this is information good only for T5 noobs. (I wrote this because people not agreing were called T “high number” noobs.) Not having kill counters at all is the real **** for T1 people. And the TAB view should not show kills or deaths either, who dies should not be in the chat.
That’s right, you should not have any indications on how many enemies the team have killed besides manual counts. This would open the need for better communications, and give some uncertainty to the battlefield.

Let’s say one team have two and one team have four mechs left. Today, the four mech team can usually just stomp the last two unless they go in with no armor or weapons what so ever, and no rules without exceptions, but this is what usually happens. However, after an intense fight, the remaining four mechs would perhaps not be that cocky in their approach if they were not 100% certain they have double the number of active mechs. This could give the remaining two on the other team some better odds.

K/D ratio is one of the worst piece of information in this game. It only drives way to many into doing stupid mistakes or running off hiding to not get a death.

Besides showing how many enemies are left standing, and I just wrote why we should remove that information, K/D is good for nothing. Just like damage is just as useless by it self. It does not tell how well you did at all. What’s best. 1200 dmg and no kills? Yeah, I’ve been there. 250 dmg and 3 kills? I’ve been there too. I could have played like ****, and still managed 350dmg and 3 kills just because the other me did those 1200dmg up front. But, I also run more pin point builds where I take down enemies with less shots fired. I can take down an enemy doing less than 100dmg pretty much alone, and end up with low damage done. Am I a bad player, because after the match team mates laugh and make fun of my low damage? And, people doing lots of damage, getting a kill, they might have abandoned the team to get that personal stats, and in effect causing the entire team to loose the match.

It is all just bull. Nobody should care about kills and damage. The only important stat is Win/Loss.

Blowing up K/D in more game modes are the wrong way to go if you want to make this game better. PPL usually play with no team play in mind already. I don’t want another robot CoD. I’d rather force people into focusing on team play, than promoting personal stats that really don’t say ****.

#63 Catalina Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 2,119 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNagelring Academy

Posted 24 February 2017 - 08:12 AM

[mod]@Serpentbane: There is no need to discuss this suggestion. I guess it's a good addition to the game and Infusion has every right to ask for it, especially here in this thread.

@Infusion: no more bumping of this thread is needed. This is spamming/flooding the forums and moderators will close this thread immediately after one more "bump".
[/mod]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users