Quad Uac5 Kingcrab?

4 replies to this topic

#1 hordes1ayer2

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 88 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 06:15 PM

im not sure weather the quad uac5 is good. i do triple uac5 on my jager DD and oull 700+ easy but how is it on the kingcrab OOB?

#2 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 08 August 2016 - 06:26 PM

You rang?

It works well. You have to substitute positioning for hill humping, and your ACs will have some problems hitting the same spot on fast moving targets in parallax - it's because they're so wide-set. However, you're very tough, and almost nothing will want to stand and trade shots with you.

#3 UnofficialOperator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,493 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 08 August 2016 - 06:31 PM

Its good, was my go to mech until I bought the KDK 3. KDK allows better positioning but imo, a KGC/Direwolf can kill a KDK faster in a 1v1.

#4 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 08:41 PM

View Posthordes1ayer2, on 08 August 2016 - 06:15 PM, said:

im not sure weather the quad uac5 is good. i do triple uac5 on my jager DD and oull 700+ easy but how is it on the kingcrab OOB?

UAC5s on the King Crab is one of its better builds. You get 25% more firepower than the Jager DD, more armor, a standard engine instead of an XL, at the cost of moving slower and having lower hardpoints.

I don't recommend the King Crab however if this is the build you're looking for, at least not anymore. Currently the Mauler can do that job better. Mauler comes with all the guns in the torso mounted up high with huge shield arms on both sides. It weights 10 tons less, meaning less armor, but its more durable due to the humanoid shape, better hitboxes, and shield arms. Being lighter also makes it better if you ever play faction play with the weight limits.

Basically just pick the Mauler with the quirks you like best and load some UAC5s into it and 700-1000 damage will be the norm if you are any good at positioning and aim. Feel bad for the poor clanner pilots in faction play as you cut them down wave after wave if you are defending a good spot until your ammo runs dry.

#5 Blue Frog

• PipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 89 posts
  • LocationWhere You Least Expect...

Posted 14 August 2016 - 12:45 PM

It's a real shredder and probably the best KGC brawler build there is. It's also very cool at 1 heat per 5 damage. I also like the 4 AC5 because you don't jam and you get four extra tons of ammo. You don't get that extra shot in, but the extra 120 shots is helpful.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users