2 replies to this topic

#1 BarHaid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,069 posts
  • LocationMid-Cascadia

Posted 13 August 2016 - 10:15 PM

And by trees, I mean the BIG ones. There is plenty of unused space in the upper reaches of the map that we could have an extended grove of redwoods that make maneuvering a trickier proposition. Heck, put them in the middle of the current hot zone to make people choose whether to pick their way through or scoot around.

I'd also like a thicker forest of smaller trees to get lost in, but not until trees offer (limited) protection from sensor detection and enemy fire.

That's my suggestion.

#2 PJohann

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 52 posts
  • LocationSoviet Union

Posted 21 August 2016 - 04:59 AM

I'd rather remove all BIG thees and plant lots of small ones and put some rocks in place of removed giant trees. Maybe then I will finally feel that i'm piloting a BIG robot.

#3 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 06:00 AM

View PostPJohann, on 21 August 2016 - 04:59 AM, said:

I'd rather remove all BIG thees and plant lots of small ones and put some rocks in place of removed giant trees. Maybe then I will finally feel that i'm piloting a BIG robot.

The fact that the MWO Hunchback is as tall as the Battletech Atlas isn't "big" enough?

The Hunchback on your left is 13.6 meters tall.. The Battletech Atlas is supposed to be between 13.5 and at the tallest has been described as "some 15 meters tall."

Posted Image
The tank is an unmodified M1 Abrams knockoff from Crysis.

The second Hunchback is a little over a meter taller than the BT height for Hunchbacks.

Feel big yet?

Maybe this'll help: (Note human is headless, because MWO pilot model).
Posted Image
Left is original size of Catapult.
Right Catapult is the person's approximation of what it should be (not the MWO rescale, which is still bigger than that).

Edited by Koniving, 21 August 2016 - 06:02 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users