#1 IRkorpus

• Pip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 13 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 14 August 2016 - 02:32 AM

hi guys, i dont know if this was a bug or some guy was cheating.

i was in a match when i came across a Kintaro and it had no arms left.
i was piloting a TBR with 3x spl 2x mpl and 4x srm 6.
i was behind the Kintaro and i hit it with at least four times with all my weapons including another 2x alpha strikes and the Kintaro received no rear damage at all.

another player saw this too
does the Kintaro have armour so thick on the rear that i cant even scratch it?

this post may be in the wrong place

any answers would be appreciated because ive only been playing about 6 months and i only know the TBR variants due to piloting pretty much only those

thank you your time

#2 Kurbeks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 337 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 02:49 AM

Send a report to devs

#3 Mole

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 14 August 2016 - 08:06 AM

Could have been bad hitreg but no, even if the pilot had assigned all of his armor to his rear you should have gotten through it. It doesn't take a whole heck of a lot to melt a Kintaro.

Also, pretty sure this is in the wrong section. General discussion, maybe?

Edited by Mole, 14 August 2016 - 08:07 AM.

#4 Nergal Pryde

• Pip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 14 posts
  • LocationIn the Maelstrom of Chaos, right at the bottomless pit.

Posted 14 August 2016 - 10:54 AM

seems to happen a lot lately. DWF+Nova prime, more then enough damage, no dead kintaro.

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 12:27 PM

View PostIRkorpus, on 14 August 2016 - 02:32 AM, said:

hi guys, i dont know if this was a bug or some guy was cheating.

i was in a match when i came across a Kintaro and it had no arms left.
i was piloting a TBR with 3x spl 2x mpl and 4x srm 6.
i was behind the Kintaro and i hit it with at least four times with all my weapons including another 2x alpha strikes and the Kintaro received no rear damage at all.

another player saw this too
does the Kintaro have armour so thick on the rear that i cant even scratch it?

this post may be in the wrong place

any answers would be appreciated because ive only been playing about 6 months and i only know the TBR variants due to piloting pretty much only those

thank you your time

Posted Image
Do you know approximately where you were trying to hit? And if he had no arms-no arms, or if he had no side torsos-no arms. The difference is huge, as depending on the angle of attack your damage would be cut by 60% and could then be cut by 60% again in the no side torsos-no arms scenario. So if your Alpha is say 45 damage for example, then the end result might be 7.2 damage, with a high chance of it going to the front torso instead (if you hit in the certain areas that cause this, which are near the shoulders).

Centurion Zombie syndrome was very similar to this.

#6 S 0 L E N Y A

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 14 August 2016 - 12:28 PM

Kintaro has some major bug going on and has for a while. There was a vid (by a player who was a grade douche and has been banned already, so I wont honor him by mentioning his name) of a Kintaro taking absurd amounts of dmg and not going down. Everybody thought it was a hack, but PGI clarified that it was a bug on their end.

Good to know they have not fixed it yet

#7 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 12:29 PM

The other thing worth noting is there could be a dislocation issue on the server-side to your side or to his side.

Ultimately though, "cheating" in this way is not possible due to the server authority. Only PGI employees could 'possibly' cheat in this manner, if at all. The issue is either with connections or with the 'Mech's hitbox which either way the situation can be recreated and addressed.

#8 S 0 L E N Y A

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 14 August 2016 - 01:30 PM

View PostKoniving, on 14 August 2016 - 12:29 PM, said:

The other thing worth noting is there could be a dislocation issue on the server-side to your side or to his side.

This is what PGI has said is the problem. Interesting that in only happens with the Kintaro now.

#9 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 01:50 PM

View PostBoogie138, on 14 August 2016 - 01:30 PM, said:

This is what PGI has said is the problem. Interesting that in only happens with the Kintaro now.

It actually happens in all 'Mechs.

The thing is you have to hit exactly where the shoulder and arm would have met for it to happen with any 'Mech.
And it is intended as a feature.

But if that 'arm' hitbox hasn't reduced to that stump and is still 'full', or somehow takes another shape over than the half-sphere at the shoulder... then bam. It's quite noticeable.

Side note: It's funny how Russ says we have no idea how to design or develop games and yet we can figure this stuff out on our own without actually knowing the explanations. (I didn't even know the Kintaro had an issue, it just flat out sounded like Centurion syndrome).

Also:
It could have just been the lack of a hitbox. See this Hunchback video before it got fixed.

While waiting for the next push from the enemy, I get shot by some friendly fire which does no damage, so I ask him to do it again, and again.
This spot had a 'slim' rear hitbox to begin with, but evidently there was a whole area that had no hitbox at all.

#10 IRkorpus

• Pip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 13 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 14 August 2016 - 01:51 PM

View PostKoniving, on 14 August 2016 - 12:27 PM, said:

Posted Image
Do you know approximately where you were trying to hit? And if he had no arms-no arms, or if he had no side torsos-no arms. The difference is huge, as depending on the angle of attack your damage would be cut by 60% and could then be cut by 60% again in the no side torsos-no arms scenario. So if your Alpha is say 45 damage for example, then the end result might be 7.2 damage, with a high chance of it going to the front torso instead (if you hit in the certain areas that cause this, which are near the shoulders).

Centurion Zombie syndrome was very similar to this.

i was hitting it square in the back and im pretty sure that i took one of its arms in earlier in the fight. there was no problem with anything on my end as i finished with 731 damage.even when i hit the rear the hit idicater flashed and on the target picture there was no hit glows

View PostKurbeks, on 14 August 2016 - 02:49 AM, said:

Send a report to devs

im not sure how as i am new to the forums.

thanks for your feedback guys

#11 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 01:52 PM

It was fixed around the time of the geometry remodel.

View PostIRkorpus, on 14 August 2016 - 01:51 PM, said:

im not sure how as i am new to the forums.

thanks for your feedback guys

Send the email to technical@mwomercs.com

In the future, "Support" up top, then pick out the address that most closely resembles your problem.

#12 Exard3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,010 posts
  • LocationEast Frisia in Germany

Posted 15 August 2016 - 05:16 AM

Had a match with an indestructible Kintaro 18 as well...we fired with 6 heavies+assaults for 30 sec or so in close quarters...CT was invulnerable, we shot the legs after that. Seems like cheating, but may as well be a bug

#13 Brizna

• Liquid Metal
  • 1,360 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 15 August 2016 - 06:10 AM

When scouting mode was added I experimented with several odd mechs. One of them was a Kintaro with quad SRM4s some lasors and an STD engine which I figured may be enough to stop Stormcrows. I was mistaken, SRM+SPulse stormcrows just ripped through me. Which makes me think you just suffered a buggy episode. Nothing wrong with Kintaro's hit boxes.

Edited by Brizna, 15 August 2016 - 06:11 AM.

#14 Remover of Obstacles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 549 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 09:22 AM

Bug is still active as of this weekend.

Had a faction play where the Kintaro was the last one alive in a wave and the whole team was blasting it. it was missing arms and down to cherry red ct and two legs and just would not die.

After about ten seconds of frustration, the team went after the legs and that worked.

So until it gets fixed, I would recommended aiming for Kintaro legs.

#15 Joe Decker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 685 posts
  • LocationTeutoburger Forest, Lower Saxony

Posted 15 August 2016 - 12:42 PM

Would always go for Legs on fast Mediums Posted Image

#16 Hodor72

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 06:46 PM

View PostRemover of Obstacles, on 15 August 2016 - 09:22 AM, said:

So until it gets fixed, I would recommended aiming for Kintaro legs.

#17 Kotzi

• 1,356 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 11:03 PM

Sounds familiar, had a match where a teammate shot me in the back at the begining of the match. His reason was that he fought against me last match and my OP Nova had a cheat running because he couldnt kill me shooting me in the back. So i might be bias but you sure you hit him?

#18 Cox Devalis

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationTryhard dimension

Posted 17 August 2016 - 05:08 AM

Agree. I've seen this bug with Kintaro few times.

#19 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 17 August 2016 - 01:56 PM

Yup I witnessed it over the weekend was fun until it got boring, then the guy after much prompting shot its legs off

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users