Ams Bug

6 replies to this topic

#1 Vasili Kerensky

• PipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 02:15 AM

If there's a forum for bug reporting I don't see it, so I post here about this thing.

When you're at the basement, under the dish platform, the AMS will shoot down missiles above the ceiling. Considering the volume of fire at the center, this is both a bug and an exploit. I was with a RFL and noticed his AMS firing like crazy seconds before the computer informed me of low AMS ammo and I hadn't even seen an enemy 'mech yet.

Guess it's the same bug that allows laser shots to go through walls and you see them as streaky lines in the air on maps like this, all the time.

Edited by Vasili Kerensky, 17 August 2016 - 02:16 AM.

#2 Count Zero 74

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 733 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 03:37 AM

how about turning your AMS off ?

#3 50 50

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 17 August 2016 - 05:33 AM

Been that way for a long time.
As the AMS will also try to shoot down missiles within range that are targeted at allies, it's using their sensors to detect incoming missiles and firing as a result. (Seems like a logical enough reason).
Switch it off when under cover... just remember to reactivate it when you wander outside.

#4 PFC Carsten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 17 August 2016 - 09:06 AM

Yep, reported this I think a year or so ago, but PIG does not care. Working as intended I guess.

#5 Omaha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 559 posts
  • LocationAnywhere

Posted 17 August 2016 - 11:42 AM

Wasn't there another anti missile system in the works awhile back? Thought I remember reading something about it or hearing about testing something somewhere, on twitch or something. Can't remember.

#6 NARC BAIT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 17 August 2016 - 10:23 PM

its always been like this .... and I have seen many players use it to advantage ....

the AMS system, will shoot through any object .... wall, buildings, terrain .... no worries ...

crimson straight is a classic place to see it ... you can have people shooting lrm from the small hill rise in c4 to the top deck area, and have mechs almost directly underneath them in the tunnel, shooting out their missiles, as they spawn in the tube .... and the average player, wont notice the less than usual amount of missiles leaving their mech ....

your AMS will keep shooting down missies through most buildings also .... its just the way that the system was implemented .... its not the players fault, when the weapon system fires up ....

#7 LGB I Agree - Quote JB 2021

• PipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 12:22 PM

La

View PostNARC BAIT, on 17 August 2016 - 10:23 PM, said:

its always been like this .... and I have seen many players use it to advantage ....

the AMS system, will shoot through any object .... wall, buildings, terrain .... no worries ...

crimson straight is a classic place to see it ... you can have people shooting lrm from the small hill rise in c4 to the top deck area, and have mechs almost directly underneath them in the tunnel, shooting out their missiles, as they spawn in the tube .... and the average player, wont notice the less than usual amount of missiles leaving their mech ....

your AMS will keep shooting down missies through most buildings also .... its just the way that the system was implemented .... its not the players fault, when the weapon system fires up ....

Its not a bug its a feature that laser AMS shoots and destroys missiles through buildings and terrain. Every weapon should have this feature though for balance purposes until then Laser AMS is OP.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users