• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 37 posts
  • LocationLancaster CA

Posted 22 August 2016 - 06:22 AM

Shady 99:
Great PostPosted Image
I'm also ordering the Collectors Pak today them get the 2 add-ons before its released.
The Warhawk is to me very restrictive in how I can do load outs to fit my style of playing. I prefer a balanced load of equal items on both sides of the Mech. If the LA has 1 PPC and 1 LLaser that would also be mounted in the RA.
Having the ability to pick and choose what I want, and where I want it works better for me. I love the flexibility of my Stalker & Marauder Mechs.
These packages will give me plenty of different load outs to pick from.
I also much prefer the design of this Mech as It follows the Phoenix or AoD versions in the Technical Readouts. The jump jets look like they was designed from the beginning not added on as a last resort in the Marauder II.
Some Clan Mechs don't even give you the option of removing the JJS if yuou don't want them.
Good Day and see you on the BattlefeildS

#22 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 22 August 2016 - 06:55 AM

I'm going to with, it's going to come down to hit boxes, but as it stands with how MWO treats Battle Mechs (with essentially everyone having a factory level refit center in their hanger), that the MAD-IIC will be better than the Warhawk, only due to the fact that the MAD-IIC will not have 10t of locked DHS, with an entirely unusable LT, due to fixed equipment.

#23 W Ventilator

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 08:28 AM

I'm really looking forward to trying the MAD-IIC for the simple fact that it would appear to be a great and capable sniper, as well as having the chance to do pretty well in a stand and deliver kind of fight. It may not be a dedicated brawler at first, then again, it might, however, with all the fun hardpoint selections available, my only gripe is that no mech has the standard loadout of two Energy per arm and side torso, and one in the CT.

Still, seems like it might be loads of fun; I wanna try them out, too bad it's going to be a while before that happens...

#24 EvGaS

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 77 posts
  • LocationKyiv, UA

Posted 25 August 2016 - 08:51 AM

It depends if warhawk will be resized, cause now him is big almost as 100t dire and stucks everywhere. (like difference 5 tons, not 15)
If warhawk will be smaller, like 85t box, it can be compact in face direction cause long hull form. (like stalker, crab, mad dog long bodies effect)

Also it depends for quirks...
But MAD-IIC will be very imbalanced and overpowered at beginning, cause noone it byus otherway. You can see this on payable for real KDK-3, who do 1450 DMG in random and this is "normal" in last 2-3 pathes. But when LRM's hits heads zones, it was fixed in ~24 hrs.
Actually - KDK-3 is most unbalanced mech for all times that I can remember, almost p2w stuff.
It will be nerfed when goes for c-bills and showed up new OP MC mech, like MAD-IIC. This is kinda sad, earlier total balance was better. Now money talks. Sad.

#25 Black Lanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Lanner
  • The Lanner
  • 200 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAlbuquerque, NM

Posted 06 September 2016 - 08:41 PM

In the Table Top, it would be the Warhawk, all the way.
Here on MWO, the MAD IIC is very likely going to wreck house...

#26 762 NATO

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 312 posts
  • LocationUnder the desk of the Magestrix of Canopus

Posted 06 September 2016 - 09:59 PM

MAD-2c was my favorite in MW2. That said, if it was the same model then as now it would be 2-3 times taller than an Atlas because an egg with skinny arms and legs. The preview looks good with the fat legs and arms reducing the torso profile some. I bought it, even though I swore off presales because I count on it being a slightly heavier MAD with no quirks. PHX, you broke my faith. (Only medium I have that is not mastered and refuse to drive. Also already sold 2 after GXP basicing one.)

Cheers!

#27 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 08:47 AM

MADIIC vs Warhawk?

MAD wins on size and ease of destruction. The Warhawk is big as a barn(unjustly so), and is therefore ALOT easier to destroy.

Marauder is a narrow mech, albeit LONG from the side. Though shooting its side is largely ST hits.

The Warhawk's hardpoints are more limited, since it doesnt have any good ST hardpoints, and 1 of them is always loaded and blocked off by DHS.....

Id say the MAD is ALOT better then a Warhawk. I sure hope AT LEAST the CERPPC from the ED PTS gets to keep its 15/15 CERPPC, then at least the WHK will be able to punch you in the nutz before it dies...

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users