Domination Balance Crimson Straight

9 replies to this topic

#1 SCHLIMMER BESTIMMER XXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 879 posts
  • LocationNiemalsland

Posted 18 August 2016 - 01:33 PM

The cap point of domination is too much in favor of the team starting in the down right corner,
making the whole experience unbalanced.
The right side team reaches the spot faster and has all the room to position their forces
effectively, under and upon the bridge.
The team starting on the upper left side of the map have to go through constant fire
of enemy team to reach the cap zone.
Posted Image

The best spot for the cap zone is in my opinion on the lower left landmass.
It gives both teams nearly identical approaches if the starting positions get swapped a bit further
behind.The right side team can approach over the bridge and the near buildings avoiding the
walk over the open water.
Posted Image

#2 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 07:09 AM

the cap point should be middle of platform. it's not centred right now. and then the spawn for blue team should move to the symmetric position on the bottom left of the map, giving both teams equal access to the platform.

that said, knowing PGI, i don't have much hope of this ever changing

#3 Commander Lemming

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 03:46 PM

The positioning of the circle seems reasonable from a distance standpoint, but doesn't it allow the blue team to get the high ground in the buildings, over the open area in the middle of the circle? Although the current system allows one team to set up, there are spots along the edge of the circle that can be held to buy time for enough teamates to arrive for a push.

#4 Mike McSullivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 556 posts
  • LocationHannover, Germany

Posted 12 October 2016 - 08:19 AM

I´m all for a change!

How abot putting the yellow zone to the north island C7/D7 ? let both teams start in the left and right lower corner (F2 B2).
the main + would be that the fighting zones might change drasticly!

#5 Husker Dude

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Överste-Löjtnant
  • Överste-Löjtnant
  • 319 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 06:27 PM

I can't believe this hasn't been addressed yet. It's got to be the most unbalanced domination map.

#6 Tamagoci

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 02:01 AM

The OP has merit, especially with where the cap point is now. I think the solution that would also work (at least in terms of balance if not better gameplay) is to place the center of the dom.circle slap bang on the top of the saddle.

Edited by Tamagoci, 28 November 2016 - 02:20 AM.

#7 Dex Spero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 198 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 November 2016 - 05:05 AM

I'd like to see more random elements thrown in. So either have the green domination circle randomly placed in any number of say 5 different spots (might work), or have the team spawn zones randomly placed every match. Heck, I'd like to see that in every QP map in every game mode: randomized team spawn areas, or at least randomized placement of the 3 lances within the 3 spawn zones. Let's shake things up a bit!

Either way, I support the OP's ideas :)

#8 Pilotasso

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 365 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 23 December 2016 - 11:08 AM

the current domination spot ends up with one side digging trenches and the other shooting the fish in a barrel from higher ground.

The previous spot was better, but I'm not going as far as saying it's he best possible location.

Edited by Pilotasso, 23 December 2016 - 11:08 AM.

#9 VXJaeger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 25 September 2017 - 11:55 PM

Yes, there might be a problem as enemies have capped 2/3 before anyone of our team got into circle. One spawnpoint is under 10s run away.

Posted Image

Edited by VXJaeger, 25 September 2017 - 11:57 PM.

#10 AJBennett

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 165 posts
  • Location...the psychotic chihuahua chewing on your leg!

Posted 27 September 2017 - 05:59 AM

View PostTamagoci, on 28 November 2016 - 02:01 AM, said:

The OP has merit, especially with where the cap point is now. I think the solution that would also work (at least in terms of balance if not better gameplay) is to place the center of the dom.circle slap bang on the top of the saddle.

Now THAT sounds like a good brawl! Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users