Uac Double Tap Draws Energy

11 replies to this topic

#1 guy0320

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 56 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 03:45 PM

C-UAC20's now ghost heat themselves again. Bug or Feature?

#2 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 18 August 2016 - 03:47 PM

Feature

40 damage > 30 damage

Spooky Heat Mk2 for you

#3 Arianrhod

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 106 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 03:58 PM

Honestly I feel like I can adapt to this system easily enough (I mean all you have to do is fire 1 second later), but it seems kind of unnecessary to nerf a weapon that can't participate in the pinpoint alpha strikes energy drain is meant to combat (due to pellet fire action, c-ultra autocannons require facetime).

Especially when on cheap mice, tapping once can occasionally cause the ultra autocannon to double tap anyway leaving you with no way to avoid the heat except chain fire. . . .

Oh and no more quad (or more) ultra 5 builds being king. But I guess I can live with that.

#4 Blue Boutique

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 481 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 04:23 PM

This is misleading, the CUAC-20 has a cool down of 4.7 seconds so you can still fire every 2.35 seconds and still wreck face without overdrawing.

#5 ExAstra

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 131 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 04:30 PM

View PostBlue Boutique, on 18 August 2016 - 04:23 PM, said:

This is misleading, the CUAC-20 has a cool down of 4.7 seconds so you can still fire every 2.35 seconds and still wreck face without overdrawing.

It does make running more than one UAC/20 a lot less desireable though. Running two LBX20s instead seems a lot more desireable to me. You can fire both without incurring a heat penalty.

#6 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 04:32 PM

Possibly the only thing standing in the way of the (eventual) Inner Sphere UAC/20 being an unstoppable terror weapon.

Shocker - Ultra autocannons actually act like they're two autocannons taped together for the weight/crits of one, instead of being a free second autocannon in pretty much every respect. Who'da thunk it.

View PostExAstra, on 18 August 2016 - 04:30 PM, said:

It does make running more than one UAC/20 a lot less desireable though. Running two LBX20s instead seems a lot more desireable to me. You can fire both without incurring a heat penalty.

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait...you're saying that LB/X autocannons might not be strictly and categorically inferior to Ultras or standards anymore?!

MEIN GOTT IN HIMMEL! SHUT IT DOWN, PIRANHA! WE GOT USSELVES EN EHRMEHRGERHNCY HERE!

Edited by 1453 R, 18 August 2016 - 04:33 PM.

#7 cazidin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 04:53 PM

I knew something like this would happen.

#8 ExAstra

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 131 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 04:55 PM

View Post1453 R, on 18 August 2016 - 04:32 PM, said:

Possibly the only thing standing in the way of the (eventual) Inner Sphere UAC/20 being an unstoppable terror weapon.

Shocker - Ultra autocannons actually act like they're two autocannons taped together for the weight/crits of one, instead of being a free second autocannon in pretty much every respect. Who'da thunk it.

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait...you're saying that LB/X autocannons might not be strictly and categorically inferior to Ultras or standards anymore?!

MEIN GOTT IN HIMMEL! SHUT IT DOWN, PIRANHA! WE GOT USSELVES EN EHRMEHRGERHNCY HERE!

Bit dramatic, no?

Anyway, wasn't saying that it was an inherently bad thing necessarily. The amount of mechs that will be hurt by the change is very few. One of which is my beautiful Hunchback IIC though lol

#9 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 05:05 PM

Ultras have been outright busted ever since they tightened up the burstfire duration on the things to not-insane levels. The Sphere Ultra/5 has been busted practically since release. Think about it - aside from the 15% jam chance, an Ultra autocannon allows you to pay 1 ton and 1 crit (usually), in order to double your autocannon's fire rate. That is equivalent, in terms of DPS/damage delivered, to spending 1 ton and 1 crit on an entire second autocannon.

That's insane. It throws off autocannon balancing pretty much completely and is the entire reason the whole KDK-3 Debacle happened. Note that KDK-3s with LBX autocannons, or C-ACs, were not even on anybody's radar - it was strictly the Quack-boating DakkaBears that had people's timbers a'shiverin' and jimmies a'rustlin'. Sphere UAC/10s and UAC/20s are going to be balance nightmares almost as bad as the heavy lasers Piranha has actively decided to never introduce - single-slug double-tap heavy autocannons? No thank you.

Energy Draw tripping on both taps of the gun means that at the very least your free second autocannon isn't also free DPS. The second gun eats as much energy as an actual second gun would The entire point of Energy Draw is to close loopholes - letting UAC double-taps get away with no extra energy usage is a pretty damn massive loophole, and would instantly result in heavy Quack builds becoming every bit as crushingly dominant as Gas has been insisting AC/5 builds will be.

#10 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 05:15 PM

Feature its still double damage, and as you regain 20 energy every second its really not a problem,
UAC20 Click(Fire) wait a second(25% of its cooldown), Click(Fire), this is the same with the UAC10,
this is only a problem if your Quickly double Tapping, which can throw your aim off as well,

#11 SpiralFace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 18 August 2016 - 05:28 PM

My testing has it double tapping without penalty as long as only one weapon is firing.

The energy dissipates enough by the time the double tap takes into effect and you can get away without penalty. But it really is kissing the top of the bar so you probably can't fire weapons with it going full dakka.

#12 WarHippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 06:01 PM

Yeah, this a step backward.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users