#81 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,530 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 26 August 2016 - 07:24 PM

View PostJack Shayu Walker, on 26 August 2016 - 06:21 PM, said:

I understand what I'm being told. I understand that in a metabuild I'd be a BIT more of an asset to my team against an enemy comp quality team (provided I was practice with said builds). However, I'd also argue that I'd probably die sooner, and have much less fun while only doing marginally better.

This is what a lot of players think, but often it is what keeps them from doing better than they can and having just as much fun. I don't know what to really call it but it is common in more than just Mechwarrior. Probably has something to do with the unwillingness to deal with change.

*Didn't intend this to be as condescending as it seems, but just know that isn't the intent, too lazy to reword it all.

#82 Jack Shayu Walker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 08:56 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 26 August 2016 - 07:24 PM, said:

This is what a lot of players think, but often it is what keeps them from doing better than they can and having just as much fun. I don't know what to really call it but it is common in more than just Mechwarrior. Probably has something to do with the unwillingness to deal with change.

*Didn't intend this to be as condescending as it seems, but just know that isn't the intent, too lazy to reword it all.

I get what you're saying. But what I want you to understand, Kalasa, is that I think there is a fundamental difference between you and I. I am not a competitive player, that is to say, I am not interested in exploiting every available advantage to win. I get far more pleasure from pioneering a road less traveled.

I like to win, sure, but winning alone is not what gives me fulfillment. I play MWO and Mecha Games in general because I can build my own stuff and play my own way. If I win the game piloting my creations my way, that is ultimately what gives me my big sense of accomplishment.

Although both are important to some degree, it's more important for me to feel successful as a designer than a pilot. Even if my designs only work in my hands, it makes me feel great when I see them working! For me it's honestly a better feeling than simply defeating a comp player with a comp build.

Winning the game playing somebody else's way is just kindof boring to me. That's why I don't enter tourneys, that's why I didn't participate in NBT. Those ways of playing just suck the fun out of the game for me. I would rather be the best at what I do (piloting certain obscure builds), than be #200 overall in Mechwarrior.

Edited by Jack Shayu Walker, 26 August 2016 - 08:58 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users