14 replies to this topic

#1 Tavious Grimm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 255 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 26 August 2016 - 05:58 PM

I know that FW is broken, still I remember the days when our foes were cautious not to anger the Dragon. These days we're a shell at best or not even worthy of a ghost drop at worst. I found this poem that, in my opinion sums up House Kurita these days.

Dragon's Death Ballad

Embers of a dying breath,
The dragon slips to cold of death.
The fire that was once kept bright,
Now barely shows in blackest night.

The glowing red of cooling coals,
Like a clock, his lifetime tolls.
Away and ne'er to come back,
The fire fades away to black.

His dulling eyes drain their hue,
The retinas unclasp their view.
His tail drops low, and with a sigh,
We see the noble dragon die.

Many days and nights will pass,
The sun will wither brush and grass.
His bones will bleach upon the sand,
And centuries they there will stand.

Though he no longer takes to air,
The dragon's legend stays for e're.
In tome and book it shall be known,
That once, the noble beast had flown.

Here's hoping one day the Dragon will fly again.

Edited by Tavious Grimm, 26 August 2016 - 06:00 PM.

#2 Terrorsdawn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 197 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 07:43 PM

The LORE MASTER has spoken.

#3 Surn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 29 August 2016 - 09:28 PM

You really cant blame the players. There are few of us who face op mechs being used by scripting & haxor players with honor. We are the dragon embers, the last warriors, the truth.

Edited by Surn, 29 August 2016 - 09:29 PM.

#4 MadC4t

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 108 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 August 2016 - 01:35 AM

Domo arigato Tavious-san.

The ISA never forgive and never forget. Posted Image

Edited by MadC4t, 30 August 2016 - 01:36 AM.

#5 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 01:10 AM

Oyasumi~

#6 Ultra-Laser

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 298 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 01:23 AM

I have faith. When I first started playing back when it was still being called Community Warfare house Kurita was barely a few dozen regular players pummeled by the clan invaders on one side and the arrogant Davions on the other. At that time most players apparent idea of "fun" was grinding our mechs into oblivion against 12-man premades wherever we weren't getting ghost-dropped and fighting tooth and nail just to hold on to what planets we could. If the Dragon is dead then it is not the death of old age and enfeeblement, it is dead for being starved of the worthy struggle that drove its hunger.

And you know what? I'm fine with that. Let the world think that our fire has gone out, let our enemies grow soft on their empty victories against feeble opponents, let them think of themselves as the ones who vanquished the dragon. Because the beast of yesteryear, that dominated the Inner Sphere was born of the bleakest pits of hopelessness and despair. While Davion grew fat on its early luck with merc teams and teeming hordes of fair-weather fans Kurita was under ceaseless attacks from all sides and merely holding onto one world out of a half-dozen lost a day was justly hailed as victory.

When newcomers to FW dip their toes in the water in the coming months they will see a Kurita very similar to the one I saw. Mere handfuls of mechwarriors, defiant and indomitable. There won't be many, as all the bandwagon crowd will have flocked to the "proven winners" like Ghost Bear and Jade Falcon. Heck, even Marik and Steiner might get their day in the sun before our time comes again. But I know that what few do come our way will find fast friends in whatever few of us remain, and the ones who stick with us will do so not because we promise them victory, but because they'd rather fight alongside players who are willing to share their experienced guidance to anyone willing to make an earnest effort to better themselves.

Spoiler

#7 Tavious Grimm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 255 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 02 September 2016 - 03:03 PM

I have no doubt the Dragon will rise again, just bothers me seeing us so empty. Last night was we had some good fights, should've won at least one of them. Just more practice and some more players joining in.

#8 LordLosh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 05:41 PM

You guys lost me with that video. Pay me more and ill come fight for you :)

#9 Jon Gotham

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,627 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 05:52 PM

View PostSurn, on 29 August 2016 - 09:28 PM, said:

You really cant blame the players. There are few of us who face op mechs being used by scripting & haxor players with honor. We are the dragon embers, the last warriors, the truth.

This again? You had to spoil this didn't you? Unless of course you were talking about the quirkboats we IS have....?

#10 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 05:58 PM

This song always makes me cry....

#11 AnTi90d

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,229 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • Locationhttps://voat.co/

Posted 02 September 2016 - 06:28 PM

I think this video more accurately sums up the feeling of sitting, alone, on the House Kurita Teamspeak server for hours on end..

..complete with a visual representation of what PGI did to FP that made everyone quit.

#12 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 06:52 PM

View PostLordLosh, on 02 September 2016 - 05:41 PM, said:

You guys lost me with that video. Pay me more and ill come fight for you Posted Image

Merc pig go home.

#13 ice trey

• 1,523 posts
  • LocationFukushima, Japan

Posted 02 September 2016 - 07:41 PM

I agree CW is dead. I don't want to join a unit, but I'm totally cool with joining a group.

The DC community is way too fractured, anyway. Each unit has been going into it's own faction Teamspeak or... that new thing that I can't remember the name of. Quibble? Long story short, we are already starved for players, but if each of the 50 players remaining use 50 different comms methods, it's no surprise that nobody can get a hold of each other. What is to boot, the 4V4 mode - rather than being made into "You can play CW without having to wait an hour first to make a 12-man team and lose a player between each match" ended up being made into "Clan mediums and Arctic Cheaters bend the IS over backwards and plow them hard"

But I don't think this is exclusive to the DCMS. I'm pretty sure that the entire Inner Sphere has got this issue right now. The only faction with any traction is obviously the Jade Falcons, and everyone is jumping ship there because it's where you can find other players to play with.

...And there will always be enough IS pugs to beat up on and scare away from CW forever.

Edited by ice trey, 02 September 2016 - 07:43 PM.

#14 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 07:56 PM

There's no problem - We all stayed united and won CW phase 1, then realized there wasn't any point after the initial reset and didn't get invested in the map anymore.

Everyone that participated from the loyalists (NS, NKVA, 9SD, 11th, 36th, 6RNT, 3TL, ARKB, and others) and mercs (-T, PHL, CH, REM) did a great job when we felt like there were stakes to CW and can be proud that they stopped the clans from reaching Terra even when we had 4 simultaneous clan fronts (1 of which we snipped and closed off within days of it opening) and beat every other faction consistently enough that they either imploded like Marik or Smoke Jaguars or were ground down into a quagmire.

NS and NKVA at least have moved our communities to other games because PGI made it clear it has no interest in retaining players or making a fun game. It's fun to remember but let's be real: FW isn't deserving of anyone's time or effort and hasn't been for a while now.

#15 Ultra-Laser

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 298 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 03:24 PM

View PostScoops Kerensky, on 02 September 2016 - 07:56 PM, said:

-snip-

I feel like the main thing is whether or not people show does actually come down to "feeling" that CW matters, especially the more competitive players who generally make up the premades. In terms of literal gameplay the scouting missions should have been exactly the shot in the arm that FW players were asking for for ages. The objectives of the gamemode itself stand apart from anything you can get in quick play and it emphasizes aspects of gameplay in a way that is the near total opposite of what the Invasion mode showcases. I'll agree that the addition of the scouting bonuses to invasion games leaves something to be desired. But the fact that its there adds an entire strategic layer to the taking of the planet itself* but its still going underplayed.

The only satisfactory explanation I can fathom is that the regular House Kurita players simply got tired of being pummeled by the dozens for the sake of an ambition that the Tukkayid grand finale event had largely sated. There will always be pugs sure, but when those pugs drop into a TS that looks like a ghost town its understandable that they'd be dispirited and drop back into quick play games.

Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users