Unexpected Aerial Deflections By The Map, Which Cause Mech Damage

Bug Report

2 replies to this topic

#1 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 09 August 2016 - 02:29 PM

PGI, if I remember correctly, maps with square-edged ledges are NEVER supposed to knock you backwards and upwards into the air, causing serious fall damages, be it from a JumpJet attempt or otherwise. But, your "The Mining Collective" map is doing exactly that, so I'm having to start this thread in order to provide info for you to repair this problem with. :(

The first major problem is in the "C5" sector, at the top of those smaller towers next to the Nuclear Stacks. I got deflected backwards into the air and sustained extra fall damage at the top of my gentle JumpJet attempt to gently land on these. This resulted very quickly in my death to the enemy when I was trying to maneuver in battle against them during a Live Match. Closest Coordinates to the primary location that gave me trouble are...

2804.9 2429.8 439.8

...as it took me a while to get a ShadowCat in the right place on that map using the Testing Grounds to get the necessary information. I lost armor totaling about 9% of my Mech's health when starting from full armor due to the number of times deflected while just simply exploring the map. In Live Battle, that would have resulted in certain destruction, given the extra additional damage that would have been delivered by the enemy. I think you would agree that is a rather nasty issue with the map? :blink:

I hope you'll fix more of these Map Bugs soon. They totally disrupt the gaming experience of MWO, and I'm sure you don't want that happening to your player base. -_-

~D. V. "Sick of dying to map bugs that help the enemy..." Devnull

#2 ButteryD

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 11:10 PM

I have experienced similar issues on "The Mining Collective" in my shadow cat as well. However, sometimes, I'm deflected forward instead of backward. Also when walking next to buildings in first or third person, I'll take collision damage and bobble off the buildings without touching them.

#3 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 19 August 2016 - 06:16 AM

View PostButteryD, on 18 August 2016 - 11:10 PM, said:

I have experienced similar issues on "The Mining Collective" in my shadow cat as well. However, sometimes, I'm deflected forward instead of backward. Also when walking next to buildings in first or third person, I'll take collision damage and bobble off the buildings without touching them.

Could you please use 'F9' on your keyboard and provide some 'location coordinates' in regard to where you have experienced these issues? Otherwise, it makes it hard for PGI to actually find and fix these spots on the battlefield. :huh:

~D. V. "Details, please?!?" Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users