Where Is The Great Frr?

22 replies to this topic

#1 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 08:27 PM

Where is everyone? lately their hasn't been much activity on the ts server ( having maybe 1 12man group formed every week, out of all the units) Now i understand that everyone is super busy, i mean, I'm starting my first year of high school, but during the spring and summer, there was a lot more people around. And we need people more than ever because ghost bear is on a rampage! I also haven't seen MTD or any other important officials discussing about the future of the FRR here in the forums, no stormtrooper updates either, or anything. we seem nearly as dead as Liao and Marik.

Let me know your still here
Sincerely, Wind

#2 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 30 August 2016 - 10:49 PM

View PostWindscape, on 30 August 2016 - 08:27 PM, said:

Where is everyone? lately their hasn't been much activity on the ts server ( having maybe 1 12man group formed every week, out of all the units) Now i understand that everyone is super busy, i mean, I'm starting my first year of high school, but during the spring and summer, there was a lot more people around. And we need people more than ever because ghost bear is on a rampage! I also haven't seen MTD or any other important officials discussing about the future of the FRR here in the forums, no stormtrooper updates either, or anything. we seem nearly as dead as Liao and Marik.

Let me know your still here
Sincerely, Wind

I am not an FRR person, nor do I go on the team speaks in general. but I can speak for anyone in the southern hemisphere: the Final exams are coming/ end of the accedemic year. So while in the North people may be worrying about hows their first term/ semester or the first few weeks of school/ university/ academy/ collage/ training will go. People down here are pulling their hair out over getting those final marks, tests, exams, assessments, etc done.
(On top of that there's been some Earthquakes recently in Italy causing major internet/ electrical/ living space in general problems... not sure how many italians play as FRR. But I know quite a few who play MW: O (haven't heard from any since... it worries me greatly.).

I can also propose some people who played heavily earlier are taking a break, which is very common in humans. Due to the fact we had 7 events in like what? 2 months, many people could be warn out right now and taking a break.

EDIT: hope I did not intrude of provoke any offense sending this AWOL HPG message over to the Free Rasalhague Republic.

Edited by Nightshade24, 30 August 2016 - 10:55 PM.

#3 4EVR

• PipPipPip
  • The Icon
  • 63 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 12:02 PM

I guess people are mostly just waiting for the upcoming changes to CW, whatever they turn out to be. Not dead, just hibernating, or doing the solo queue grind. Hey I see someone delivered us from complete Ghost Bear occupation, that's nice.

Dane seems to be preoccupied with WC / MRBC / other leagues.

#4 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 31 August 2016 - 01:12 PM

Activity (at least during weekday, evenings) seems to have declined in the North American time zones over the past few weeks. It seems like most nights there is a mixed tag team going in the early part of evening, but by 10 pm EST it has broken up and things become usually pretty dead. I have heard people float theories, but idk if there are firm answers as to "why". Likely it's a combination of factors, but morale to fight seems at an ebb at the moment.

A lot of the same pilots you and I have dropped with are still willing to give it a go and fight. Just seeing less folks organizing group drops. Which might be the key difference.

If you want to fight, you could always open a public group in LFG, invite friends and go on TS. Might take 15-30 min to round up enough FRR pilots, but that is what seems to be working right now. It is just taking longer...which is a pain. I was in a group yesterday and had to drop out before I could even drop 1 time as I didn't have an hour to get to 12 pilots and then play an invasion round.

Edited by Marquis De Lafayette, 31 August 2016 - 01:13 PM.

#5 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 31 August 2016 - 01:14 PM

I thought it was Space Herring season...

#6 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 02 September 2016 - 05:52 AM

I think there are several factors, but most of all FW has lost population because of bad changes and disappointment with development.

There is also the fact that Phase 3 reduced the point of being a loyalist and reduced the possibility to coordinate attack lanes, meaning several units such as my own has stopped engaging in the FRR to the same degree as before and now we just go where the matches are without caring about the map at all.

Unfortunately I'm not very hopeful that this is just a matter of seasonal dips or people hibernating in wait for fixes, I think it would require significant effort on top of significant good development news to bring the FRR community alive like before.

I miss it a lot.

#7 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:27 PM

ah, I guess I will wait till January then to start seeing some more action.

#8 Benjamin Kirsch

• Pip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 01:04 PM

Yeah a lot got burned out, I myself left for 2 months. Since I've been back 2323 has started to pick up again and we've been reaching out to other units to come drop with us. We've always pretty much run mixed groups, we have active recruitment going on, but we don't pressure anybody. You can find us in the 2323 channels on the FRR hub.

#9 RG Wolf Vickers

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 9
  • Mercenary Rank 9
  • 66 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 11:37 PM

View PostBenjamin Kirsch, on 19 September 2016 - 01:04 PM, said:

Yeah a lot got burned out, I myself left for 2 months. Since I've been back 2323 has started to pick up again and we've been reaching out to other units to come drop with us. We've always pretty much run mixed groups, we have active recruitment going on, but we don't pressure anybody. You can find us in the 2323 channels on the FRR hub.

If anyone can whip these guys in to shape it'd be you guys Benjamin. 2323 can wreck havoc.

#10 Tavious Grimm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 255 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 25 September 2016 - 11:26 AM

View PostWindscape, on 08 September 2016 - 09:27 PM, said:

ah, I guess I will wait till January then to start seeing some more action.

Come January you may find less then there is now. With the recent changes proposed to Faction Warfare, most notably reducing the buckets to 2, IS vs Clans, a lot of loyalists (I won't presume to speak for all) are more then likely to hang up their neurohelmets permanently.

#11 Memnon Valerius Thrax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 766 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 September 2016 - 12:17 PM

you guys still Play cw?

lelkek

i mean i would Play, if there is something to Play about.

Edited by Memnon Valerius Thrax, 25 September 2016 - 12:18 PM.

#12 RG Wolf Vickers

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 9
  • Mercenary Rank 9
  • 66 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 06:17 AM

View PostMemnon Valerius Thrax, on 25 September 2016 - 12:17 PM, said:

you guys still Play cw?

lelkek

i mean i would Play, if there is something to Play about.

It was nice to be able to reward the Ebon Keshik tourny members with a substantial amount of MC each for continuinally representing the team well. What exactly do you play "about"?

#13 Memnon Valerius Thrax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 766 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 September 2016 - 07:05 AM

not for MC, Mechs, Cbills thats for sure.

#14 RG Wolf Vickers

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 9
  • Mercenary Rank 9
  • 66 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 07:33 AM

View PostMemnon Valerius Thrax, on 26 September 2016 - 07:05 AM, said:

not for MC, Mechs, Cbills thats for sure.

You're going to make me guess I suppose. Or maybe assumed I would know by that reply.

For the glory and honor your quick play victory brought to Smoke Jaguar? Screenshots to fill frames?

#15 SCHLIMMER BESTIMMER XXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 879 posts
  • LocationNiemalsland

Posted 26 September 2016 - 08:14 AM

View PostTavious Grimm, on 25 September 2016 - 11:26 AM, said:

Come January you may find less then there is now. With the recent changes proposed to Faction Warfare, most notably reducing the buckets to 2, IS vs Clans, a lot of loyalists (I won't presume to speak for all) are more then likely to hang up their neurohelmets permanently.

with their plans to do regularly events where IS fights IS it maybie not gonna be too bad
with clan vs. IS only.
I mean, if you find a match quicker it is the right thing to do.
Question is how often they do IS vs. IS events, but when they do it right
(2 events with a duration of 3 days per month)
i coud imagine
planets gonna be much more populated then IS vs. IS at the moment
(dont know what time zone you play in, but at peek times in my time zone (west EU)
planets are completely dead, allways...)

Edited by SHRedo, 26 September 2016 - 08:16 AM.

#16 Memnon Valerius Thrax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 766 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 September 2016 - 03:30 AM

well atm i spend my time in MWOWC and soon in MRBC

#17 iLLcapitan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 654 posts
  • LocationBirdhouse

Posted 27 September 2016 - 03:52 AM

View PostMemnon Valerius Thrax, on 27 September 2016 - 03:30 AM, said:

well atm i spend my time in MWOWC and soon in MRBC

Honestly, nobody gives a flying urbie what you do.
But I'm confused, did you come to this threat just to mock or was this ment as an ad for the 19th?
Class act anyhow.

#18 Memnon Valerius Thrax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 766 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 September 2016 - 04:53 AM

my sweet Captain, im the troll as always. and i would like if my urbie could fly.

#19 Jarl Dane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 05 October 2016 - 12:00 AM

View PostWindscape, on 30 August 2016 - 08:27 PM, said:

I also haven't seen MTD or any other important officials discussing about the future of the FRR here in the forums, no stormtrooper updates either, or anything. we seem nearly as dead as Liao and Marik.

View Post4EVR, on 31 August 2016 - 12:02 PM, said:

Dane seems to be preoccupied with WC / MRBC / other leagues.

Yeah. The requirements/expectations of WC were a bit absurd. I really had zero time for anything else just trying to keep my team going throughout the process.

In the meantime.. CW just... well.. PGI has really dropped the ball on it. I've been hoping they'll do something to reinvigorate it, but that may be in vain.

With things the way they currently are I'm not sure what there is to do. I also got burned on the Runewarden initiative because the guy who wanted to lead it almost immediately went AWOL after launching it.

I feel bad though. I feel like I should be doing more and providing more. Just at this point not sure what I can do that'll make more then a brief difference.

#20 Tony Tidbits

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 3 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 October 2016 - 07:12 AM

For me a number of factors, real life - my job schedule and family, boredom - same maps, same gameplay modes, crappy game balance, frustration in general see boredom.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users