9,9999 Of The Splitters Die....always And With No Exception

85 replies to this topic

#1 LowSubmarino

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 11:25 PM

And yet so many ppl keep doing it. Keep dying to it all the time.

Did ppl watch rambo, one-man-army movies too often or are they all simply delusional because not even a single one of them is good enough to disengage from enemy or to not die alone out there. None of them. Not in QP. Not the players I see. They all just die like cannonfodder.

Each game mechs split off and almost always die super quickly.

I even tell them each time 'you will all die over there' but they just split off anyway, die, immediatly disconnect.

What is the mindset of those ppl.

Today i saw a jenner IIC splitt off three times in a row. I saw him in three games.

He runs off. Dies instantly right when meeting the enmy. The last time he ran circles for a minute and then died.

Immediatly disconnects.

All of this always reminds me of Bart Simpson who touches a cable or a lamp and gets electrocuted.. Over and over and over again.

Is this why we have so many problems on our beautiful world?

That a lot of ppl's IQ is very very low?

And with low I mean way beyond that of a monkey or lets say a cat or what have you.

And no. That is no joke.

Im not being cynical.

Im asking you.....give me one single plausible explanation how this is even possible?

Cause when I see something doesnt work I tend to ehm....not do it or at least change/alter that strategy. Adapt. Try a different approach.

But most ppl/splitters I see simply repeat the same thing over and over and die to it each andevery time.

Quite frankly....this is not even human.

An alternative explanation is that we are being infiltrated by aliens. And they do random stuff for.....reasons.

#2 kesmai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 30 August 2016 - 11:32 PM

Hmmm.
But are the main group guys splitters too?
Maybe the splitters do right and the main group has no clue.
Maybe it's the other way around.
Dang, getting confused...
Gotta split now.

#3 BabyCakes666

• Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 11:42 PM

i run off buy my self kill half the team then die :D

#4 Blue Boutique

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 481 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 11:43 PM

I'm a splitter because no one ever looks for the rogue flanker/spotter that hides in the ridges. These rogues help split the firepower of the enemy when two cyclops/archer/ and a kodiak gets annoyed at a single wolfhound pecking at them and move their guns over. The idiots are the ones that just charge into the fray thinking they are helping when they get killed fast.

Edited by Blue Boutique, 30 August 2016 - 11:45 PM.

#5 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 30 August 2016 - 11:50 PM

Depends what the mech is

Assault and Heavy pilots should never split off

Lights and fast mediums like the cicada, and viper, should always spilt off, they should however never engage, unless its a single mech outside support distance from the mech, until the main body has the other teams attention.

Expecting lights who's main survival tool is speed and being able to relocate quickly to stay bumbling around a direwolf is stupid, and displays a low IQ

Edited by Cathy, 30 August 2016 - 11:51 PM.

#6 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 12:14 AM

I bloody hate splitters

Posted Image

#7 lazytopaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 316 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 31 August 2016 - 12:20 AM

View PostCathy, on 30 August 2016 - 11:50 PM, said:

Depends what the mech is

Lights and fast mediums like the cicada, and viper, should always spilt off, they should however never engage, unless its a single mech outside support distance from the mech, until the main body has the other teams attention.

Expecting lights who's main survival tool is speed and being able to relocate quickly to stay bumbling around a direwolf is stupid, and displays a low IQ

OP there is your explanation.

TL;DR version :
If you are splitting as a :
Assault/heavy/slow medium - <facepalm>
Light - go scout mate! right on!

#8 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 31 August 2016 - 12:28 AM

View Postoneda, on 30 August 2016 - 11:25 PM, said:

And yet so many ppl keep doing it. Keep dying to it all the time.

Did ppl watch rambo, one-man-army movies too often or are they all simply delusional because not even a single one of them is good enough to disengage from enemy or to not die alone out there. None of them. Not in QP. Not the players I see. They all just die like cannonfodder.

Each game mechs split off and almost always die super quickly.

I even tell them each time 'you will all die over there' but they just split off anyway, die, immediatly disconnect.

What is the mindset of those ppl.

Today i saw a jenner IIC splitt off three times in a row. I saw him in three games.

He runs off. Dies instantly right when meeting the enmy. The last time he ran circles for a minute and then died.

Immediatly disconnects.

All of this always reminds me of Bart Simpson who touches a cable or a lamp and gets electrocuted.. Over and over and over again.

Is this why we have so many problems on our beautiful world?

That a lot of ppl's IQ is very very low?

And with low I mean way beyond that of a monkey or lets say a cat or what have you.

And no. That is no joke.

Im not being cynical.

Im asking you.....give me one single plausible explanation how this is even possible?

Cause when I see something doesnt work I tend to ehm....not do it or at least change/alter that strategy. Adapt. Try a different approach.

But most ppl/splitters I see simply repeat the same thing over and over and die to it each andevery time.

Quite frankly....this is not even human.

An alternative explanation is that we are being infiltrated by aliens. And they do random stuff for.....reasons.

Those surats playing and tactics are as sound as your syntax and grammar.

#9 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 31 August 2016 - 12:43 AM

People are simply having fun. If you want serious plays, go skrim with comp teams or something. Adapt to Puglandia, or forever hold your tongue. Posted Image

#10 jss78

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 31 August 2016 - 12:47 AM

View PostCathy, on 30 August 2016 - 11:50 PM, said:

Depends what the mech is

I spend a lot of my time in fast mediums, and I'd argue that there's a useful middle ground between "always splitting off" and "never splitting off"

Between the line 'mech who sticks in the death-ball, and that light 'mech who runs away 2 seconds into the game, never to be seen again, you have guys who make their living on the outskirts of the team's group.

Guard the flanks/rear, harrass the enemy's flanks/rear. Largely not within the death-ball, but always considering where both the friendly and enemy teams are. Though they are close enough to come do fire-support among the friendly line 'mechs if needed.

#11 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 01:38 AM

Out of curiosity. If I'm playing my dire wolf and the rest of the team runs up and over a hill then all die before I even reach the hill. Am I a splitter?

Edited by ThomasMarik, 31 August 2016 - 01:40 AM.

#12 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 31 August 2016 - 01:50 AM

View PostThomasMarik, on 31 August 2016 - 01:38 AM, said:

Out of curiosity. If I'm playing my dire wolf and the rest of the team runs up and over a hill then all die before I even reach the hill. Am I a splitter?

No, you are the scapegoat.

#13 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 31 August 2016 - 02:06 AM

• Doing the same stuff over and over is boring, and people in solo queue rarely want to try anything different.
  • Some splitters do survive until the very end. Usually ECM Spiders and RVN-3Ls with ER LL who contributed very little to the match. So... at least there's that.

#14 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 02:11 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 31 August 2016 - 01:50 AM, said:

No, you are the scapegoat.

As I recall this was sadly true...

#15 razenWing

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 02:11 AM

1: Bart never touches electrical cable. It was Homer. Simpsons has been on for almost 30 years, how do you get this wrong?

2: Splitting is a high risk/payoff situation. Yes, maybe 9 out of 10 times you will be caught and immediately pulverized. But that 1 time you manage to pull it off? Awesome. Even seen theb33f's spooky atlas video? Well, the point is, high risk high reward is more thrilling, and that's why people do it. We all know lottery sucks. We all know Vegas sucks. But you know what? Average people will drop about 500 bucks on visit to Vegas for that probably won't happen big payouts.

Besides, if you assume the universe is never just unfair to you, just catch the other team's splitter and you'll be right back where you started, (And let me make a complaint too, I hate all those people that complaint about splitters can't manage to kill a splitting scout mech with 4 heavies, 2 assaults, and 3 lights. Learn to aim, homes.)

#16 N0ni

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts
  • LocationIn a GTR Simulator Cockpit

Posted 31 August 2016 - 02:21 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 31 August 2016 - 02:06 AM, said:

• Some splitters do survive until the very end. Usually ECM Spiders and RVN-3Ls with ER LL who contributed very little to the match.

Sadly, I can think of two people who do this deliberately all the time. When i see their names on the other team i celebrate. Thankfully, i haven't seen either this past week.

#17 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 31 August 2016 - 02:36 AM

Aside from the correct observation above, that Lights splitting off is a good thing (as long as they play it smart), I think the reason for the others continually making the same mistake is that they just don't give a **** about the team winning.

So they derp off, get some CBills, load up a new Mech, and do it all over again.

It's probably a symptom of a gamer variant attention deficit disorder, caused by playing too many instant respawn FPSers.

#18 Alistair Winter

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 31 August 2016 - 03:05 AM

View PostN0ni, on 31 August 2016 - 02:21 AM, said:

Sadly, I can think of two people who do this deliberately all the time. When i see their names on the other team i celebrate. Thankfully, i haven't seen either this past week.

I can think of one who does it all the time in a RVN or CDA. Annoying to have him on my team, but usually good times if he's on the other team.

#19 Old-dirty B

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 03:14 AM

Alright, i will plainly admit:

I'm a splitter and proud of that!

However, in only die very rarely in such cases and i'm usually contributing more then the team's average. Have to say though that i only split off with really fast and mobile mechs (for ex. a locust) and my situational awareness is at the highest level. Also, i will try to avoid any direct confrontation, a 1 v. 1 or worse a 1 v. multiple. If that happens i'm gone with the wind, breaking contact as hard as possible (and usually survive).

In the end, splitting off ends bad for most, but it certainly is not a rule for everyone - there is room for us splitters in mwo!

Edited by B3R3ND, 31 August 2016 - 03:21 AM.

#20 Darkside99x

Rookie

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 04:56 AM

Almost every game is cowards hiding behind rocks, if i split I do what im supposed to do and if i die then at least i get into another game faster where theres a slight chance I wont be stuck with cowards.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users