#1 Arugela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 419 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 10:39 PM

PINKY!!
PInky Ammo!

I've tested it in testing grounds and it can alpha 93/91 damage on any map without shutdown! Including tera therma and the desert. If those are the hottest and the pug matches don't have different temps then this is usable anywhere. But it is very close range and has a little less heat dissipation. I'm not sure if it works without the two basic heat temp skills though. I had them before testing the design. But with just the two basic ones this will fire fine. And afterwords you can hold down chain fire on the small pulse almost indefinitely.

How is this compared to other KDK-5 builds? Or other alpha strike setups!

Edit: Ok, it can overheat on terra therma sometimes. But only if you are running forward at max speed. If you let off the throttle for one second while firing it will not overheat. And that will probably not be an issue after I elite the mech.

And if the ammo in the ammo version is too much. Take one away and add the clan probe for quicker target data or various targeting computers.

BTW what combo is good for probe/TC? I was thinking of this:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...56d07cedaa5a4b1
Or should I do a Targeting computer 2 for the extra range boost and stuff?
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c5c1d1c0def72c4

Edit: I'm up to a MK3 targeting computer. It is that or get the mk2 with the probe... I seem to not be going through as much ammo. Must be beacuse I'm not on ranged maps atm. Also if you have a mk2 target plus CAP you get 777 as your large laser range!! >< (776) 8\

Edit2: Here is a KDK-3 I'm naming Huggies! (And Medium Huggies!)

Edit3: Here is my final version of Pinky:
Perfect Pinky

It has just about the fight mix of everything. Well, except range.

Edited by Arugela, 08 September 2016 - 03:52 AM.

#2 Arugela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 419 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 03:41 AM

I've found two philosophies so far in KDK-5 builds.

One is massive single weapons on each hand and fire them independently.

Perfect Pinky <-Still have yet to get gyro mod to test for face planting through damage.(mostly for attempting cockpit strikes)
Pinky Ton
Sir Pinky Ton <- He's more refined...><
Sir Pinky Ton 2! <-It seems C-ERPPC is not affected by TC range bonuses like it appears it should...

Sir Pinky Ton build:
Posted Image

The second is keeping as many different weapons as possible without individually going over the ghost heat limit. This mostly consists of a max of 2 PPC's plus, 2 ERLs or LPLs, plus 6 of medium or small lasers. This same thing applies to the KDK-1 and other variants. as you can see the values repeat throughout the mechs design. KDK-1 9 lasers = same as KDK-5 but remove PPC or LPL/ERL. KDK-2 = 6 ERM/MPL or 6 ERS/SPL. KDK-3/4 = 2PPC+2ERL/LPL or 4 normal lasers. KDK-5 is the full version with max possible combo with one extra slot for laser+balistics combo. KDK-SB is the only single combo version with choice of two of any laser.

Finger Lickin Pinky!
Finger Lickin Pinky2!
Finger Lickin Pinky fibrous! <-Haven't tested
Super Finger Lickin Rainbow Pinky Ton?!<-Haven't tested (All lasers)(think deep fried skittles!)
Super Finger Lickin Rainbow Pinky Ton?! <-Haven't tested (Derp... No ghost heat!)
*Replace the pulse weapons with non pulse weapons in some cases for ***better ballistics choices. Or lesser lasers for less heat! (***Tested!!!(With MG instead of AC2)Passed alpha strike test on Frozen city but not Terra therma. But surprising good feeling build!)

All further choices are between(using all slots and weight) consist of picking playing on one of these choices while then picking a set of Middle laser+Balistic that either go from long to medium range or same range/complimentary for harrasment/damage.

This leads to either choosing stuff with identical/stacking existing stats via or using mods to make them work out that way. This work basically by using things like range mod to make one line up with the next or by using targeting computers to possibly gain similar trajectories(Untested), etc The Pinky Ton example has a LBX20 and PPC which if range mod is applied to the LBX20 makes it fit the minium range for the PPC. Although it is a little short. But this is how it always seems to work.

Either way, how obvious is this. I'm curious if anyone else delves into lasers this much. I'm assuming they do as I've only been playing less than a month... And what other good advice is there for this sort of things. The KDK-5 seems to be the most neglected variation of the mech with almost no info on it. and I wonder if it's not one of the most neglectd in the game. Although I haven't looked at enough to know. But it feels like a real ghost bear!

Similar can be done with the Perfet Pinky build. If you apply 10% from the MK7 and Max range mod you can get the same basic stats as the erSL. This sacrifices for advanced stats with lower heat and endless repetition(also apply the weapon cooldown.) If you switch out thinks like the PPC and LPL and play with the 10% differences you can see what combos already exist in the clan hardware and what you can play around with to get full coverage for example.

In the Pinky Ton build I would add Range Mod for the LB20x and the Cooldown mod for the SPLs. This would give 720x1.1=792. Just short of the ideal range of the PPC. I beleive this is intentional on the developers part. I have a feeling most people know this though. 8) Haven't read much on ityet though. I don't think I'm looking at all the combos but it seems like it's an obviously present concept in the game. In fact it seems to be the point of the values. Combine with testing computers etc and you can fine tune values like range. Although not all things/combos may be affected by it. Unless this is different for IS mechs this may be a normal thing throughout the game.

Either way, again, this seems to be the general design philosophy for the KDK series. It is revolved around lasers based on clusters having room to potentially max weapon combos without hitting ghost heat! Notice only one single laser spot varying on the KDK-5. Everything else is based on normal ghost heat rules. I even wonder with the third laser in the KDK-5 if there wasn't once a 3rd Large laser permitted. It would make the most sense this way as it fits the rest of the builds potential designs. Stuff on smurfy says 3 lasers also. I'm assuming this is outdated and was in the game until recently?

On a side note. my other rule for design is it should be able to alpha strike without incuring damage on tera therma while not moving in an ideal situation. Some builds like the finger lickin builds and Pinky ton build can just do this and potentially hit override sequence but can do so without actually gaining internal damage(AKA if you turned on override and did alpha you would not take any damage either). In fact the pinkyton build can move full speed and not have this issue on override. But with override off it will shutdown for a few moments. Anything beyond the Finger licking builds I don't like to use personally. The other thing I personally prefer is like the perfect pinky build where I can alpha as many times as possible and as fast as possible without hitting max heat. This leaves lots of room for other activities like using the hand seperate without getting ghost heat leaving very large combos of fast attacks to bring on targets once in close range. The flamer can help keep them from attacking back making it much easier to get a target out of your or your allies way.

Edit: If I didn't mention it the Perfect Pinky build is designed to get 20% range and max cooldown. This gives it the range of the ERSL with the damage and speed of the pulse weapons while also having the super low heat of the other chosen weapons.

And another hidden feature in many of these builds is the super low heat of chainfiring the lowest laser. In most cases the combo of laser and cooldown either let is stay at one value while chainfire and not gain heat or loose heat while chainfiring for a secret attack for emergencies or just mass attack. This adds extra versatility to the builds.

I also saw something about IS mechs gaining a third laser before overheating. Maybe they will do this for the Kodiak. Or maybe it will be able to be both IS or clan and use all equipment or follow their rules...

I also found just this thread. It has very similar builds. I think I'm on the right track!

And for keybindings pinkyton has a good potential layout:(special 7 button webbrowsing mouse)

1. 11th/naval hardpoint
2. Ballistics weapon
3. Left or right hand(Chainfire)(Side back mouse button for webrowsers)
4. Left or right hand(Chainfire)(Side forward mouse button for webrowsers)
5. Left or right hand(NONChainfire)(Mousewheel forward)
6. Left or right hand(NONChainfire)(Mousewheel backward)
7. Alpha strike (mousewheel press)

Always make sure your 3/4 and 5/6 layout in a way where after you do one full hand attack you can potentially hit the side mouse button easily and do chainfire with the opposite hand! with my keybindings it looks like a downward facing arrow. You don't want to be left after an attack without you super cool chainfire attack if it's needed to finish in some circumstances. It gives you an attack you can use at any time no matter the circumstances.

Pinky Pics: (In Pinky Ton build)(He's sporting Amaranth!)(For some reason my brain wants to imagine him in a top hat with a monacle drinking a spot of tea... Sir Pinky Ton!)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edit: Here is another new build I've been messing with. I've gone over how heat works more and started incorporating it. One heat sink over the needed for fire of both naval and shoulder weapon indefinitely. But low on ammo for the LBX20. you could take off two flamers or more for more ammo if desired.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...fc5c775f2b907c6
And
Pink Eye!
or
Yeller Eye! 2 / U Yeller Eye! Ole Yeller / 2
Coup de Bear!/ / 2 / 3

Edited by Arugela, 14 September 2016 - 09:55 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users