#1 Rebelpacket

Rookie

• The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 7 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 05 September 2016 - 09:51 AM

Hi All!

I've searched and searched thinking there must be something simple I'm missing, but I've come up empty handed.

I'm running MWO off Steam on a Windows 10 system. Latest patch, no issues with gameplay or graphics.

When I try to apply a decal (to any one of the decal slots), I'm unable to see it on the 'mech. Occasionally on some Mech's, I can see a box with a red cross through it, like the one pictured below:

http://steamcommunit...screenshot/2525

Am I missing something? Is this happening to other people?

---
Rebelpacket
08th Scorpion Empire

#2 Snegtag

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 79 posts
  • LocationRochester NY

Posted 05 September 2016 - 11:56 AM

I think the box with the X means you can't put it there. Can you drag the box across the mech? If so somewhere the image should show. You also may need to resize the decal I believe it pulls in or out from the corners. Good luck

#3 Rebelpacket

Rookie

• The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 7 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 05 September 2016 - 12:10 PM

Can't drag the "decal" at all. Its almost like its not loading and I'm getting a blank image.

#4 Rebelpacket

Rookie

• The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 7 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 05 September 2016 - 12:21 PM

I should clarify; I can't -move- the decal location on the mech. Its like its frozen in place.

#5 Rebelpacket

Rookie

• The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 7 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 05 September 2016 - 12:36 PM

Pretty much the same issue that Quickdraw Combat has: http://mwomercs.com/...nable-to-decal/

I usually can't see the decal, but occasionally I can, and when I can I can't move it. It will move sometimes, but will jump from the feet to the head and is I am unable to place it anywhere.

#6 Kargush

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 973 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 18 December 2016 - 11:21 PM

Reviving this one. On several of my mechs (I haven't checked every single one) I can't apply decals at all. When I attempt, a warning triangle appears next to the decal on the selector, and it won't let me apply the decal on any location on the mech. Some mechs (notably the 2016 Stalker) lets me apply one or two decals, but no more.

What's going on? DId I miss something in a patch?

#7 Raubwurst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 December 2016 - 12:56 PM

Maybe a stupid question, but did you try to resize the decal? Making it smaller?

Edited by Raubwurst, 21 December 2016 - 12:57 PM.

#8 Kargush

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 973 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 December 2016 - 01:36 PM

View PostRaubwurst, on 21 December 2016 - 12:56 PM, said:

Maybe a stupid question, but did you try to resize the decal? Making it smaller?

Yes, and I even tried to turn it off and on again too. Posted Image

Tried various locations, various decals, various sizes, and even tried logging out and in again.

#9 Raubwurst

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 December 2016 - 03:25 AM

Odd. Hm... could you maybe make a screenshot where the decal is hocering over an emtpy space where it should be able to be placed but shows only the red icon?

Front torso or shoulder or arm should be good places. Maybe someone else can post a screenshot where he/shr put the same decal at the same place on his/her pc. This way we could see if it may be 'Mech related or something bugging on your client :)

And for your last question: I cannot remember anything in the patch notes saying anything that could explain this.

#10 Kargush

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 973 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 25 December 2016 - 01:40 PM

Thing is, I don't get the red x. I just get a warning symbol on the list of decal slots. Like so:

Posted Image

#11 Raubwurst

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 December 2016 - 02:49 PM

Ok, thanks for the screen. Never saw this before.
Can anyone with a Nova try to put the decal on the same place? You don't need to buy the decal, the preview should be enough.

#12 Tango Foxtr0t

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 3 posts
  • LocationAnonymous

Posted 25 December 2016 - 04:04 PM

I'm having a similar issue, except mine is specifically, double-click to add the decal doesn't do anything. i can move and resize the decal, but when i go to double-click to add, as it says, "double-click" to add, it doesn't work. Is pgi aware of this issue? I was thinking of sending a support email to them, but thought I'd check the forums first to see if anybody had a solution.

#13 LanXang

• PipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 08:57 PM

I'm having the same issue. I remember being able to place decals on the KDK (I remember this specifically, because you can add circles around LBXs to make them look like...nipples), now I can't apply decals to the mechs I've tested: Shadow Cat, Viper, or KDK. I'm getting that same triangular warning simple on the right side of the screen next to the decal slot.

#14 Kargush

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 973 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 26 December 2016 - 01:51 AM

Getting the same issue on many mechs, not just the Nova.

#15 Boogaloo Shrimp

Rookie

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 10:59 AM

View PostTango Foxtr0t, on 25 December 2016 - 04:04 PM, said:

I'm having a similar issue, except mine is specifically, double-click to add the decal doesn't do anything.

View PostLanXang, on 25 December 2016 - 08:57 PM, said:

I'm having the same issue.

View PostKargush, on 26 December 2016 - 01:51 AM, said:

Getting the same issue on many mechs, not just the Nova.

Same. I'm using the Steam client, if that helps.

Update as of 2017-03-04: Tested on Steam client, portal client and PTS client. Full screen, full window and windowed. No luck on any of those. Likely cause, I suspect, is a dependent library being out of date.

Edited by Boogaloo Shrimp, 04 March 2017 - 09:44 AM.

#16 FilipinoThunder

Rookie

• The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 2 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 January 2017 - 05:50 PM

This issue also happens to me on occasion. Small yellow "!" triangle. I seem to be able to place decals one day then not be able to another. And I have no idea what causes me to be able to/be not able to place decals as I do nothing special inbetween periods of decals working and not working.

#17 Heavy Hedgehog

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 11:35 AM

Same issue. Can't apply decal on any mech. Same warning sign as Kargush has.

#18 Yiryi-Sa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 169 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 08:06 AM

Make sure Motion Blur is set to Off. Decals seem buggy with Motion Blur set to High or Low on my client.

#19 FREDtheROLF

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 188 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 09:39 AM

I had the same warning sign ... double click place the
decal

#20 Boogaloo Shrimp

Rookie

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 08:20 PM

I turned off Nvidia ShadowPlay (Share toggle in Geforce Experience under Settings) and can now apply decals.

*SHRUG*

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users