Posted 16 September 2016 - 12:03 AM

Posted Image

#2 kapusta11

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 12:05 AM

Quirks should've been disabled back in PTS1.

#3 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 16 September 2016 - 06:26 AM

So, we're going to go round and round in circles where we will reaffirm that the Mist Lynx is bad and Phoenix Hawk will join his brethren-in-arms.

#4 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 16 September 2016 - 06:33 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 16 September 2016 - 06:26 AM, said:

So, we're going to go round and round in circles where we will reaffirm that the Mist Lynx is bad and Phoenix Hawk will join his brethren-in-arms.

I know how you feel. Even just a 15% ER PPC velocity would go a long way on the Myst Lynx.

#5 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,496 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 16 September 2016 - 06:41 AM

All hail your clan overlords.

#6 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 06:45 AM

View PostElizander, on 16 September 2016 - 06:33 AM, said:

I know how you feel. Even just a 15% ER PPC velocity would go a long way on the Myst Lynx.

Well..

I know people don't want quirks, and I can understand that.

However, they don't understand what some of the quirks for the sorely underperforming mechs are. What's the point of most, if any of the quirks on Light mechs, when most of them have gotten larger from the rescaling? Lolcust becomes even more of a Lolcust (and I mean bad).

Light mechs are fragile. Wow, who knew?

For already powerful mechs like the Kodiak (mostly the KDK-3), at least some people want to see what it looks like w/o quirks. I totally get that. It's worth finding out.

Still... for the people that never or rarely touch the awful mechs that are in the game... you'll be remind exactly WHY they weren't ever used... quirkless and all.

Edited by Deathlike, 16 September 2016 - 06:45 AM.

#7 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 06:51 AM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 16 September 2016 - 06:41 AM, said:

All hail your clan overlords.

Unleash the Timberwolf (w/o the negative quirks)!

That'll go over well (with the buffed CERMED).

#8 Gentleman Reaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrench
  • The Wrench
  • 733 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, the land of slurpees and potholes

Posted 16 September 2016 - 07:33 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 16 September 2016 - 06:45 AM, said:

Well..

I know people don't want quirks, and I can understand that.

However, they don't understand what some of the quirks for the sorely underperforming mechs are. What's the point of most, if any of the quirks on Light mechs, when most of them have gotten larger from the rescaling? Lolcust becomes even more of a Lolcust (and I mean bad).

Light mechs are fragile. Wow, who knew?

For already powerful mechs like the Kodiak (mostly the KDK-3), at least some people want to see what it looks like w/o quirks. I totally get that. It's worth finding out.

Still... for the people that never or rarely touch the awful mechs that are in the game... you'll be remind exactly WHY they weren't ever used... quirkless and all.

I want quirks, not even just to buff weak mechs, but to help make each mech feel distinct. If we go back to no/little quirks, then it just goes back to taking the mechs with the most high-mounted and numerous hardpoints.

#9 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 07:38 AM

View PostGentleman Reaper, on 16 September 2016 - 07:33 AM, said:

I want quirks, not even just to buff weak mechs, but to help make each mech feel distinct. If we go back to no/little quirks, then it just goes back to taking the mechs with the most high-mounted and numerous hardpoints.

That was still the case for the most part anyways...

#10 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,496 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 09:02 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 16 September 2016 - 07:38 AM, said:

Still is the case, Kodiak, Hunchback IIC, Warhammer, Battlemaster, and the occasional Grasshopper all get use because of their decent weapon mounts.

#11 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 16 September 2016 - 10:31 AM

I just hope they revoke some of the nerfs like heat dissipation, large-class lasers, etc.

#12 Gentleman Reaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrench
  • The Wrench
  • 733 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, the land of slurpees and potholes

Posted 16 September 2016 - 11:52 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 16 September 2016 - 07:38 AM, said:

That's certainly true, but that's also why they can't go. I'm fine with removing weapon quirks from the PTS to properly test weapon changes, but structure quirks need to stay, and then in the end new weapon quirks are made with these changes in mind.

#13 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,496 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 12:33 PM

View PostGentleman Reaper, on 16 September 2016 - 11:52 AM, said:

That's certainly true, but that's also why they can't go. I'm fine with removing weapon quirks from the PTS to properly test weapon changes, but structure quirks need to stay, and then in the end new weapon quirks are made with these changes in mind.

Honestly they just need to redo quirks from the ground up, its wrong that they implement different ways to do quirks every year or so which can hurt new mechs because of the new system and yet it doesn't apply backwards ever. The Viper is the example here which has minimal base quirks and most of its quirks hidden between pod set bonuses which the Night Gyr is likely to share in common.

#14 Nutta88

• PipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 01:45 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 16 September 2016 - 12:33 PM, said:

Honestly they just need to redo quirks from the ground up

Can't agree more... If you actually want to balance weapons, tech levels, the game, you would need to clear out all quirks including defensive ones. Small tweaks here and there to the weapons won't get to the root of the problem. If the defensive quirks are still there, people (clan) would not be happy about nerfing their ability to dish damage to the same extent.

Weapons, heat, clan vs is, is vs is, light vs heavy, all need to balance out. Then look at individual mechs, on how they compete against each other. It will likely be a lot of the same mechs, especially the lights for defensive quirks.

I'm all for quirks to provide individuality and personality, but just don't have quirks so good that there is only one viable build for a mech. Have generic rather than specific quirks. Even non weapon or armour, stuff like sensor range, etc just something to add flavour.

#15 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 16 September 2016 - 02:53 PM

Without quirks covering what is happening with a mech, the same with Skills, that should provide a more, at a glance data of what is happening without having to break it down by mech, what quirks did said mech have, etc, while also providing the peoples a better feel of what is happening with their mechs that are not enhanced or hampered by specific quirks.

And post with the announcement. All quirks removed, heatsink changes, Skill Tree changes, some weapon changes, overheat damage based on mech weight.

http://mwomercs.com/...ts-16-sep-2016/

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 16 September 2016 - 02:54 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users