Posted 17 September 2016 - 01:56 AM

5x LPL Battlemaster (19 DHS, XL350)

Total laser duration 1.3 sec
Spoiler

Damage after 0.8 sec: 24
Total damage: 40
Heat per alpha: 35
Weapon range: 402m
Time to overheat (by “overheat” I mean reaching overheat threshold without triggering shutdown): 8.8 sec
Total damage done before overheat: 104

6x LL/ERLL Battlemaster (20 DHS, XL375)

Total laser duration 1.6 sec
Spoiler

Damage after 0.8 sec: 23.3
Total damage: 48
Heat per alpha: 42/54
Weapon range: 495/743m
Time to overheat: 10.8 sec
Total damage done before overheat: 120

How did LPL suddenly become a DeePeeAss weapon yet LL, that does the same damage for the same heat, didn't? It's not weapon cooldown that makes energy weapons have higher dps but how much heat they generate. Lower cooldown can increase dps of ACs or Gauss rifles because they generate little to no heat. The same trick won't work with energy weapons.

But that's irrelevant, what is important is why should I even use LPLs/LLs over ACs/PPCs that do more front-loaded damage for less heat? Why use ERLLs over Gauss and cERPPCs? You’ve nerfed laser damage, laser duration and delay between group fire. They had one advantage – high alpha, and sucked in pretty much every other aspect. GGclose PGI, now large lasers are ****.

What should you do now? I dunno, you can nerf FLD weapons again! That sounds like something you would do. (sarcasm)

Edited by kapusta11, 17 September 2016 - 11:37 AM.

#2 vocifer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 284 posts
  • LocationMordor borderlands

Posted 17 September 2016 - 05:36 AM

Agreed.

Ballistics <--- DPS
Energy <--- DPH

People see MPL 2 times heavier than ML.
I see it only 1 DHS different.

Equal DPH on LPL vs LL means the former loses in tonnage and range, and that's it.

Edited by vocifer, 17 September 2016 - 05:37 AM.

#3 davoodoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 12:43 PM

Idk who in pgi reads data, but it seems like they didnt search for reaon of statistics.

With ed youre limited by dmg, so choice between higher range weapons(possibly ppfld) and mediums became clear.
So ppl naturally started using lpls, gauss and ppc. So time to do some nerfing. Nerf ppc, nerf gauss, nerf lpl.
So these got terrible ppl again started llas, nerf that, ppl again use lpl cause they got no reason to go with mediums, so nerf lpls.

Thats where we are standing now...
Its like giving everyone assault rifle and asking why they dont use pistols.

Edited by davoodoo, 17 September 2016 - 12:55 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users