Pt 5 Changes

2 replies to this topic

#1 J0anna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 939 posts

Posted 18 September 2016 - 05:29 AM

Really like the direction PGI is heading with this update. The faster dissipation with lower heat cap seems to work well in limiting alpha's. The ability of single heat sinks to raise heat cap, while doubles don't effect it as much - bravo.

Suggestion - allow IS mechs that purchase the "double heat sink" upgrade the following:

1) Place double heat sinks in the engine
2) allow external heat sinks to be either single or double heat sinks (allowing them to mix and match). Thus you could put both single and double (for example 2 doubles and 5 singles) heat sinks in an Atlas's slots, while the engine and all engine HS's would have doubles only.

UAC jam chance, while I feel the chance of jamming is still a bit too high, the duration of the jam feels right. If we're going to have this high a chance of jamming, could we have a better visual que that we're firing the weapon during cool down. For example make the weapon color different while available for firing during cool down. Also the shot that jams the weapon, should fire, not misfire. Lastly, make sure the time jammed does not include weapon recycle time. I'm not sure if it does (but if the HUD is correct, it appears to), but the UAC 20 should jam for 8 seconds, then be able to fire without having to worry about getting another jam on the first shot or waiting an additional 4 seconds for recycle).

The splash damage on Clan ERPPC's is bad, why not try 15 pinpoint damage for clan ERPPC's and 12.5 pinpoint damage for IS ERPPC's.

Lastly if Gauss rifles have to have the charge up mechanic, could you boost up their health pool to 1/2 the UAC/20 level or, make them only explode if charged? As it stands now, there is almost no reason to ever use a single gauss in a mech's torso as it always explodes.

But overall, this release seems to meet your intention of allowing an occasional alpha, while restricting multiple alpha's very well.

#2 Gentleman Reaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrench
  • The Wrench
  • 733 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, the land of slurpees and potholes

Posted 18 September 2016 - 08:11 AM

View PostJ0anna, on 18 September 2016 - 05:29 AM, said:

1) Place double heat sinks in the engine
2) allow external heat sinks to be either single or double heat sinks (allowing them to mix and match). Thus you could put both single and double (for example 2 doubles and 5 singles) heat sinks in an Atlas's slots, while the engine and all engine HS's would have doubles only.

I feel simply buffing the SHS dissipation a bit is all we need, SHSs should be a very niche option that only benefits mechs with lots of tonnage and space to spare.

UAC jam chance, while I feel the chance of jamming is still a bit too high, the duration of the jam feels right. If we're going to have this high a chance of jamming, could we have a better visual que that we're firing the weapon during cool down. For example make the weapon color different while available for firing during cool down. Also the shot that jams the weapon, should fire, not misfire. Lastly, make sure the time jammed does not include weapon recycle time. I'm not sure if it does (but if the HUD is correct, it appears to), but the UAC 20 should jam for 8 seconds, then be able to fire without having to worry about getting another jam on the first shot or waiting an additional 4 seconds for recycle).

UACs are pretty damn good where they are, their DPS is only slightly better than normal ACs, which offsets the unpredictable nature of UACs. Lowering the jam chance would only make them an outright superior option over ACs and LB-Xs, and would make them too powerful in general.

The splash damage on Clan ERPPC's is bad, why not try 15 pinpoint damage for clan ERPPC's and 12.5 pinpoint damage for IS ERPPC's.

I agree that the splash is terrible, although 15 damage c-ERPPCs simply made them blatantly overpowered, the problem wasn't just that it was better than the IS PPCs, but that it was the best weapon in PTS3. Giving it 12 or 13 damage would be perfect, with the PPC getting a cooldown and heat buff and the ERPPC getting a velocity buff to give all three PPCs distinct roles.

Lastly if Gauss rifles have to have the charge up mechanic, could you boost up their health pool to 1/2 the UAC/20 level or, make them only explode if charged? As it stands now, there is almost no reason to ever use a single gauss in a mech's torso as it always explodes.

I can't really argue with your logic here, although I personally feel they're pretty good right now, although I wouldn't be against the charge being removed again.

#3 East Indy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,212 posts
  • LocationPacifica Training School, waiting for BakPhar shares to rise

Posted 18 September 2016 - 08:45 AM

View PostJ0anna, on 18 September 2016 - 05:29 AM, said:

But overall, this release seems to meet your intention of allowing an occasional alpha, while restricting multiple alpha's very well.

I'm pleased to see others noticing this. The message is clear: sometimes you can fire everything, but you're going to do much more damage overall if you pace yourself. Plus, because it's no longer all about that one shot, 'Mechs with limited hardpoints have other ways of competing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users