Matchmaking

5 replies to this topic

#1 UMPA Viper

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 December 2023 - 01:43 PM

Matchmaking needs a complete overhaul. No more empty promises and mentions of fixing it , just do it. There should never be 12-0 or 12-1 matches if you knew what you were doing in programming the match making. Losing 20+ matches in a row with matches , at best , being 12-2 , is unacceptable. Most games are over before the 10 min mark which means they only last 5 mins or less , again , this should never happen if the game was programmed correctly. Being tier 1, i am tired of getting stuck on teams that have no clue what they are doing. While i rack up 600+ damage and most others are at 100 to 200. Suggestion is that on the drop screen , along with the player names and pings , show us the tier to each player so we know how bad we are getting screwed by your current match making. If your not gonna fix it , at least do that so that we can see how bad the matchmaking is. Second suggestion is to drop your damage applied versus damage received mechanic. Its well know this , or something similar, exists. I can obliterate a tier 5 player with a alpha of 80 damage only to see him receive maybe 20 at best , yet his weapons produce full damage on me any any other player that is at a higher tier than him. That needs to go !

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,705 posts

Posted 21 December 2023 - 02:08 PM

View PostUMPA Viper, on 21 December 2023 - 01:43 PM, said:

Matchmaking needs a complete overhaul.

I am sorry to say it, but Russ Bullock announced a month ago that such massive changes are almost certainly not going to happen. Of course, he needed more words to say it, but the general idea behind his words was pretty clear.

Enjoy the game as is, while it still is. One day PGI will pull the plug.

#3 UMPA Viper

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 December 2023 - 12:52 PM

View Postmartian, on 21 December 2023 - 02:08 PM, said:

I am sorry to say it, but Russ Bullock announced a month ago that such massive changes are almost certainly not going to happen. Of course, he needed more words to say it, but the general idea behind his words was pretty clear.

Enjoy the game as is, while it still is. One day PGI will pull the plug.

I saw that podcast as well. It is unfortunate , wouldnt take much , i just think they are milking this cow until it is completely dried up. At this point , they might as well pull the plug. They still release new mechs and maps hoping to bleed a little more money out of us , but what they apparently dont realize is if they fixed the core problems with the game we would spend more money.

#4 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,705 posts

Posted 22 December 2023 - 11:00 PM

View PostUMPA Viper, on 22 December 2023 - 12:52 PM, said:

I saw that podcast as well. It is unfortunate , wouldnt take much , i just think they are milking this cow until it is completely dried up. At this point , they might as well pull the plug. They still release new mechs and maps hoping to bleed a little more money out of us , but what they apparently dont realize is if they fixed the core problems with the game we would spend more money.

As long as people are spending their money on some of those Mechpacks, PGI has no reason to work on the matchmaker or anything else.

As Russ Bullock said, the number of active players is so low (especially in some times of the day) that no matter what you do with the matchmaker, the matchmaking will still suck.

And of course, the premades in the Quick Play queue make all discussion about the matchmaker and balanced games meaningless.

#5 UMPA Viper

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 39 posts

Posted 23 December 2023 - 12:46 PM

View Postmartian, on 22 December 2023 - 11:00 PM, said:

As long as people are spending their money on some of those Mechpacks, PGI has no reason to work on the matchmaker or anything else.

As Russ Bullock said, the number of active players is so low (especially in some times of the day) that no matter what you do with the matchmaker, the matchmaking will still suck.

And of course, the premades in the Quick Play queue make all discussion about the matchmaker and balanced games meaningless.

True.

#6 JumpingHunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 220 posts

Posted 25 December 2023 - 12:35 AM

Maybe matchmaking should just go away completely, and give some space for different system to rise? I would love to see classic server browser which would allow me to join the game or leave the game whenever i want, and it would make losing FAR less frustrating because you won't have to wait the queue time every time a round ends, as well as not having to reload the map every time round ends too. Really, matchmaking only make things worse at this point...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users