1 reply to this topic

#1 Greyhart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 894 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 20 September 2016 - 08:14 AM

I am posting this here because I think it touches on the adjustments to heat being tried.

In the discussion on heat penalties there is the fact that in the TT rules you apply heat then take off dissipation and then add the remaining to the heat scale.

Lasers obviously (with their high heat) mean that working things on a straight fire and causes heat means you encounter a problem of all the heat being applied then dissipation. This as I understand it is the wrong way round according to the TT rules.

What if in MWO heat from lasers were applied during the course (spread out over) of the cooldown of the weapon rather than when fired? would this rectify this problem with heat penalties or would it break something else?

You could do the same for all weapons or have different rules.

#2 ScarecrowES

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,812 posts
  • LocationDefending the Cordon, Arc-Royal

Posted 20 September 2016 - 08:26 AM

Pure TT rules would work as you say, sure. Fire phase, heat phase, penalty phase. But, this works fine in real time with all phases happening simultaneously.

Technically MWO already uses a bastardized version of the TT system in real time... it just got rid of the penalties and associated mechanics, and plopped the 30 points from the penalty scale right on top of heat capacity.

The way lasers work now would be fine with the TT heat system applied in real time. It wouldn't matter if you front-loaded the heat, applied it at the end, applied over the duration, or applied after firing has stopped. These aren't mechanics the heat system really cares about. Heat in and heat out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users