44 replies to this topic

#41 Flak Kannon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 581 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 03:23 PM

View PostKimberm1911, on 28 September 2016 - 06:40 PM, said:

The Griffins are great, and so are the centurions. The Poor Hunchback actually feels a bit anemic with only the auto cannon and a few mediums. At least, compared to the 4 SRM 6 griffins and the AC 20/ 3 SRM 4 Centurions.

I would disagree a bit with the above opinion. I Think the quirk for AC20 cool down, and the cooldown module for AC, coupled with its range quirk and its range module make the Hunch G Ac20 quite lethal. Fires as fast or faster than an AC10, at 367 meters full damage.

My biggest problem is that 7 rounds per ton, at this rate of fire make ammo conservation my biggest issue. I can burn through 35 rounds so dam fast..

I wish they had a Ammo Module that upped ammo per ton by 25-30%.. so 1 ton got me 10 shots instead of 7...

PGI.. here is an idea you should consider.... ^ ^

#42 Whiskey Dharma

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 141 posts
  • Location100 ms from Europe

Posted 20 October 2016 - 02:40 PM

I love, love, love my brawling Shadow Hawks. They aren't widely used, but they are deadly. I even love how banal and ugly the machine is. If you asked an 8-year old to draw a robot, they would draw a Shadow Hawk.

Cannon+Missile: SHD-2D2

I use the 4xSRM4, AC-10 2D2 that everyone likes (including metamechs). I used to have an LBX on it, but eventually I saw that the playerbase is right; the AC-10 is better.

Laser+Missile: SHD-2K

I'm currently leveling the 3xASRM6, 3xMPL 2K, probably very similar to what Jon McFuzzy mentioned. There's nothing like launching 18 tightly-grouped SRMs into someone's chest.

Cannon+Laser: GRAY DEATH

I really wanted to make a workable SHD-GD (because money...) and I eventually found a design that works well. The GD's current quirks make it a great AC-10 platform - if you have the elite RoF skill and AC-10 Cooldown 5, it gets a total cooldown reduction of 52.5%. That is insane, and it gives the GD great brawling firepower for the weight. Round it out with 4 ML, two in each arm. And there's enough weight left for a 300 XL engine (my other SHDs use 270s or 280s) and max JJs. This is definitely the most fun SHD to drive. (Plus, again: money!)

#43 oldradagast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 01:18 PM

SRM brawlers are all the rage these days, and they work well. That being said, I still sometimes think most of those missiles don't seem to do anything on a hit and you have to basically hug the enemy to get any real damage in, which is why I keep going back to my auto-cannon based brawlers. Hunchbacks win that one for me, hands down, but the Centurions and Shadowhawks also do well in that role.

#44 Superazn

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 10:31 PM

I run hunchback - IIC with 2x C-LBX10, 2med laser, torso armors are full
I have 2 other variants IIC-A, IIC-B but THIS build is so much fun to play, upclose brawl it kicks serious butt!

Only limitation is amount of ammo it carries...but my favorite mech/build right now (I also have ebon jag mastered variants)
I tried all the different trial mechs as well...but medium dakka with firepower to kill any med mech is so fun!

I have tried C-UAC10x2, UAC5, etc etc all different combinations...but 2x C-LBX10 is just a BEAST!

#45 Dr Kevorkian

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 01:45 PM

I know everyone loves using SRM 6, but my favorite IS brawler mech is
SHD-2d2

3Srm4
1Srm2 (head)
2 LL
XL300
Max JJ

the 2 LL lets you poke, crazy maneuverable with the JJ, and while I know SRM 6 is all the rage, I like the faster fire rate with the SRM4's. When **** gets crazy its good to be able to fire faster. Also, it lets you have a srm 2 in the head with a slightly off fire rate, and Ive found that it can very useful if all your weapons are recycling to have a little bit to use to knock an opponents aim a little off.

I have routinely gotten 450+ damage, and I it is easy to 1v1 almost any other mech. Just a few games ago I went 1v3 against 3 assault LRM boats. Even with 2 continuously firing on me (they were spread out too much to get them all, and it was open terrain), I was able to take my target (a LRM zeus) from 100% to under 50%, taking off its lrm torso. I don't know of any other medium mech (IS or otherwise) that could lay down that much damage that quick. It can also jump brawl in city maps and ruin peoples day.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users