Match Data Api

3 replies to this topic

#1 LiquidDivide

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 11:46 AM

I'd love an API for accessing match data like they show at the bottom of a lot of the challenge events. They're clearly collecting more information as noted by their Mechwarrior Things challenge/event. I'd like to be able to see my match history and whatever stats I can gather out of that.

#2 Night Fury76

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 300 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 27 October 2016 - 04:42 AM

only 4 years and waiting for this, don't hold your breath.

the existing API was first put in place by a guy that no longer works at PGI and was doing it in his lunch break

#3 Blackwater Social Media

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 02:53 PM

This effects MWOs revenue directly. To elaborate, the MWO community isn't currently significantly less competitive than other games in the industry. The championship prize pool this year is listed at $143,485, and the business owner should be proud to be managing MWO in a non-failure state, as I understand, they aren't shedding employees, money is still coming in, and of course, the prize pool cash floating around the competitive scene is at an eighth of a million. However, when you look at the big titles, there's millions floating around their competitive scene. And both the employees of and investors of titles like Dota 2, counterstrike, Star Craft, etc. are extremely happy about their paychecks and returns other than the fact that they aren't Battletech licensed companies and therefore their lives are relatively meaningless.

Anyway, I'd like to start playing around with statistics from game matches. It would be really nice to be able to send a request for a player name, and get back their last 10 matches, or maybe their last 6hrs of matches (such that the endpoint can be polled every 6 hours and my Unit's game's can be archived more extensively in our internal web apps). From this data we could analyze situations like:

* Which of our players need the most training
* Which of our players are overall best, even though they play with folks who are actively training and as such more losses are incurred
* How do individuals of our Unit stack up against players who completed the last years championship

It's important to be able to pull down GameIDs, so that we can see who it is we're playing with to come to the conclusions I'd like to. Unfortunately, the current depth of data doesn't provide enough for us to connect the dots I'd like to (without significant loss in resolution).

A while back, I noticed that PGI was able to share Game statistics for events. Thats really assuring. Does anyone know if we can hook into the API used there? Would any devs be willing to work on exposing that kind of data via an API over their lunch break? I will pay for you lunches for a month if so :)

#4 tokumboh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 320 posts
  • LocationBristol UK

Posted 19 February 2017 - 07:00 AM

This is a good idea. firstly the actual numbers of players is quite low this season I believe about 60200 or so players are on the overall leaderboard. So I would not have thought it would be difficult to allow the data for you r progressions to be noted. Indeed most of the competitions has to store the data and indeed the details ot the games so I would not mind know how I did and how I have progressed and whom I played with in terms of tier and so on

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users