37 replies to this topic

#1 DDragon501

• Pip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 12 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 28 September 2016 - 11:53 AM

Is anyone else fed up with all the back-and-forth bickering that's been going on lately, especially between people of Clan Wolf, Clan Ghost Bear, and Clan Jade Falcon? I have seriously had it with all that crap.

For those not in the know, about two weeks ago, Kcom, D'C, and BNB (BadNewsBears) had a falling out with Clan Ghost Bear, and more specifically CGBI, over some heated comments made by one or more CGBI members. This, combined with some other, more understandable issues they had with Ghost Bear, led Kcom and D'C (Merc units) to contract with Clan Wolf, and BNB (a Loyalist unit) to switch from Ghost Bear to Wolf. At the beginning, there wasn't too much fuss about it, mainly just disappointment that the mercs had left and mixed feelings of disappointment and betrayal that BNB had switched factions. On the whole, though, I would say people were kind of glad that Wolf started to expand afterwards, and Ghost Bear continued trying to defend and expand its territory.

Then, a week ago, Wolf started attacking Ghost Bear, and took some of their planets. Just recently, Wolf started attacking Jade Falcon, and took a few of their planets. Ever since Wolf started attacking other Clans, there has been a lot of bickering, name-calling, blaming, and generally stupid and uncivilized arguing between the three factions listed above. No one knows exactly what the main reason is for all this, but if you're like me, no matter how understandable or reasonable it may be, it all just looks really, really, really stupid.

This forum is not for people to argue with each other, or call each other names, blame one group/person or another, or start a flame war. It is meant for people who want to find others who find this situation stupid, laugh at how stupid this situation is, and/or end this stupid situation.

To end this post off on a positive note, a good number of people in the Trial of Annihilation on Clan Ghost Bear forum joked about attacking each other with pie cannons. I personally love that idea, because it's way better than the current situation. Unfortunately, we can't have pie cannons right now, because this is why we can't have nice things!

#2 Luscious Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 28 September 2016 - 12:18 PM

Welcome to the internet.

#3 AphexTwin11

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 398 posts
  • LocationLooking right through you, with somniferous almond eyes

Posted 28 September 2016 - 12:41 PM

OP: **TRIGGERED**

I think it's great - I hope they keep going and do it more often. The clans were never known for their peaceful accord with one another.

The "noise" is primarily coming from the very competitive folks - the vast majority of the people unaffiliated with specific units in the aforementioned clans could care less, assuming they're even aware of what's going on. I think it's great the competitive units are getting after one another both in-game and on the forums, I find it entertaining.

If you don't like it then don't read it - you can go to the IS section if you need a safe space Posted Image

EDIT: While I am a wolf loyalist at the moment, I am unaffiliated with any of the units mentioned.

Edited by AphexTwin11, 28 September 2016 - 01:00 PM.

#4 Fake News

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 519 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 05:38 PM

im tired of hearing about it, so ill make another post about it. lmao

#5 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 28 September 2016 - 06:15 PM

Wow...

I guess the whole biologically engineered Brady Bunch facade has been ripped off.

Those of us that tried to keep it light in the old Davion-Marik-Liao love fests 1+ years ago can only hope enough of you joke and post silly memes so that people don't take the threads seriously. Thats about the best you can hope for....

Oh, hey xX PUG Xx, where did you say we were switching to tomorrow?

Well, crap.

#6 Charles Sennet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 387 posts
  • LocationCurrently obscured by ECM

Posted 28 September 2016 - 06:35 PM

Dear trothkin the enemy lives in the Inner Sphere.

Edited by Charles Sennet, 03 October 2016 - 04:40 AM.

#7 S 0 L E N Y A

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 28 September 2016 - 06:56 PM

oh do go on... Posted Image

#8 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 28 September 2016 - 07:17 PM

View PostDCT555, on 28 September 2016 - 11:53 AM, said:

Is anyone else fed up with all the back-and-forth bickering that's been going on lately, especially between people of Clan Wolf, Clan Ghost Bear, and Clan Jade Falcon? I have seriously had it with all that crap.

For those not in the know, about two weeks ago, Kcom, D'C, and BNB (BadNewsBears) had a falling out with Clan Ghost Bear, and more specifically CGBI, over some heated comments made by one or more CGBI members. This, combined with some other, more understandable issues they had with Ghost Bear, led Kcom and D'C (Merc units) to contract with Clan Wolf,

I think you'll find that, for the most part, people simply got sick of the repeated ghost drops for 2 weeks caused by some of the loyalists deliberately voting for Kurita (and thus, ghost drops). It was done in an effort to get rid of the mercs... Mercs being the people that did the majority of the leg work to get so much territory in the first place. So the logic behind such a decision, who knows.

People wanna play a game. They don't want endless ghost drops and sitting in lobbies for hours on end doing SFA. No more simple or difficult than that really.

Plenty of games to be had in Wolf as long as Wolf loyalists keep voting for active factions.

Falcons - People always show, good players/teams to go against
Bears - They won't show to defend planets generally, so more ghosts
FRR - Usually just PUG stomps, not fun.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 28 September 2016 - 07:19 PM.

#9 Daidachi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 461 posts
  • LocationThe Andromeda Initiative

Posted 28 September 2016 - 07:28 PM

As someone who has been enjoying these drops, and does not belong to any of the units mentioned above, I am going to do something that has no place on the internet - lay out facts. :P

Organised IS resistance, by and large has been disappearing. Loyalist units have logged off of FW in droves,

Any grudges individuals and units may have with each other aside, the only way to maintain participation in FW is to have matches occur as frequently as possible. Fewer matches = more people logging off to play quickplay.

IS vs IS matches are fun, Clan v Clan matches are fun. Organised unit vs organised unit matches are even more fun again, because they're challenging.

We're all in this to get matches. This is, end of the day, the optimal way to do so. None of the mercs get to vote - we're all here with Wolf because their players have been good enough to us, collectively to vote in favour of matches rather than ghost drops. Expanding territory because your opponent no showed is, at the end of the day like claiming you are a king of damaging mechs, because in the testing grounds you shot stuff up really well. :P

Now you can think of lore related reasons why this should occur - you can think of lore related reasons why this shouldn't occur. But at the end of the day, if there are no matches, then what's the point? The idea of ghost dropping until the entire IS is conquered is, frankly, completely unappealing - and as players in a pvp game, I would hope that you see things the same way - I recognise mileage may vary though.

#10 DDragon501

• Pip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 12 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 28 September 2016 - 09:04 PM

I see that some of you have pointed out some other aspects of the situation, including the pug stomping and ghost drop problems. However, I've already pointed out some problems with those in my reply on the Message to Clan Ghost Bear forum, so I'll direct you all to that. It's near the bottom of page 2 of the forum I believe.

In addition, one of the reasons many people are on QP right now is there is a QP event. Once that ends, more people will start playing FP again, at which point I worry that the Clans will just fight amongst themselves and the IS will have a field day. The latter might not be bad if its only against Jade Falcon, but they can't do that unless the Clans are infighting, which makes all of them vulnerable.

Ultimately, I totally understand why people are arguing and all right now, but that becomes a bad thing once it causes a complete breakdown in clear communication and understanding, which is what seems to have happened. In the words of another player, it's just a game, no need to be shooting poison-tipped arrows at each other in the forums. If that's how you want to be, as many of you guys have said, do it in the game, Mechwarrior to Mechwarrior, and may the best win.

Finally, those of you who are having fun playing FP right now, awesome! Keep up the good work! If your playing QP or are trying to play FP and not having fun, give me a friend request and maybe we can all play as a group in QP together. Nevertheless, good luck and have fun everyone, I'll see you on the battlefield!Posted Image

#11 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 28 September 2016 - 09:26 PM

QP event ended two days ago.

The game mode is dying, has been since the failure that was Phase 3. Lore is great, but it can EAD if 'adhering' to it means deliberately avoiding matches and further killing the population who've had enough of it and just straight up stop playing.

For the rest - chicken and egg situation. What came first?

The whole voting for ghost drops came first, people got annoyed second. It's surely no surprise its still going, some people got mighty annoyed. It does seem though that some of the stirring has resulted in more battles... Interesting.

Me? I don't care if there is a bunch of people carrying on like a prize prawn or not. Long as there are matches.

#12 Pat Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 28 September 2016 - 09:34 PM

View PostDCT555, on 28 September 2016 - 09:04 PM, said:

I see that some of you have pointed out some other aspects of the situation, including the pug stomping and ghost drop problems. However, I've already pointed out some problems with those in my reply on the Message to Clan Ghost Bear forum, so I'll direct you all to that. It's near the bottom of page 2 of the forum I believe.

In addition, one of the reasons many people are on QP right now is there is a QP event. Once that ends, more people will start playing FP again, at which point I worry that the Clans will just fight amongst themselves and the IS will have a field day. The latter might not be bad if its only against Jade Falcon, but they can't do that unless the Clans are infighting, which makes all of them vulnerable.

Ultimately, I totally understand why people are arguing and all right now, but that becomes a bad thing once it causes a complete breakdown in clear communication and understanding, which is what seems to have happened. In the words of another player, it's just a game, no need to be shooting poison-tipped arrows at each other in the forums. If that's how you want to be, as many of you guys have said, do it in the game, Mechwarrior to Mechwarrior, and may the best win.

Finally, those of you who are having fun playing FP right now, awesome! Keep up the good work! If your playing QP or are trying to play FP and not having fun, give me a friend request and maybe we can all play as a group in QP together. Nevertheless, good luck and have fun everyone, I'll see you on the battlefield!Posted Image

The main point I want to say here is that any snarky comments coming from me is solely intended to spark action from CJF to either attack or defend against us as I just want matches. None of them are intended to be personal, I just want to play.

As far as this comment about infighting allowing the IS to have a field day...what IS. Short of HHoD and a few others that come and go as IS pilots, there is simply not much opposition left. We are encouraging a Clan v Clan fight because that is just about all that is left for us to do in this game mode. We did the pug stomp thing for a long time but as more and more people got bored with it, it became harder and harder to field a team. We are simply looking for a way to spark some interest in the game mode again so that people don't go somewhere else. If you think that asking the Falcons politely to please attack and defend against us, I would gladly do it....just don't think that would do the trick:)

#13 Wolf Ender

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSacramento, California

Posted 28 September 2016 - 09:39 PM

I don't personally know anyone from any of the above mentioned factions, but I have observed this sort of thing happen in a number of games I've played and some I have just watched over the years. This seems especially prevalent in a competitive PVP environment where there are more egos involved and there is a strong compulsion to try to be the best.

Teams tend to try to grab the best players they can, it's only natural. And a team that has a few skilled members will work really hard to attract more highly skilled people and sometimes go so far as to poach elite members of competing units.

If you're not a player who is really super high skill, the other way to win is to join a really BIG team, where you get strength in numbers.

Now both of those factors can work in tandem to create a population bubble in a few factions, especially when there are so many to choose from like in MWO. I think one could observe that this seemed to happen to Clan Wolf one previous season, and it happend to Clan Jade Falcon this season... both a mass glut of players moved into those faction...along with some very elite units, and thus anyone who was part of that faction enjoyed a pretty big advantage in FW.

Now this all works out great for the team(s) and pugs in the power faction...UNTIL all the opponents they've been farming finally get tired of being stomped and simply stop engaging. It's not worth the effort to fight them anymore unless there is another big high population faction with it's own elite teams to act as a counterbalance for people to rally to.

So now you have a situation of a ton of players with nobody to fight, and some of them are some highly competitive people who thrive on fighting and beating only the strongest opponents. They look around and the only real WORTHY competition they have is each other so they naturally fracture. Small disagreements get blown up and become a much bigger deal than they otherwise would have.

Without a strong enough common enemy to rally against, its easier to squabble and make a mountain out of a molehill.

Maybe someone with more experience and who knows the people involved can find the flaws in my theory. Like i said i dont know any of the insider info but it seems to me that competition is most healthy and thrives the best when the competitors of different factions are more or less equally dispersed in population and skill.

I know PGI has tried to give incentives to spread the factions out but it seems to me that it hasn't been effective enough looking at the current map and the way the community is not fully supportive of the whole FW gamemode.

#14 Wolf Ender

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSacramento, California

Posted 28 September 2016 - 09:43 PM

I think also in the Btech lore it was very common for clans to fight amongst themselves even in the middle of a war against a common enemy. Because for the clans everything is about honor, ego, and supremacy. In the clans you have to fight others to win your rank and position. Clans fight each other to win resources all the time. They would fight each other just to win the right to be first in line to fight the common enemy. In the clans this is a natural part of the warrior caste way of life, and it's honorable to always become a better warrior and fight harder opponents. They normally don't take it personally. But this is not human nature. Human nature is to harbor resentment and hold a grudge.

We have to remind ourselves that this is a game and if for whatever reason you're no longer having fun playing it (even if you're winning), you're just wasting your time.

Edited by Wolf Ender, 28 September 2016 - 09:44 PM.

#15 Czarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 414 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 09:44 PM

Posted Image

#16 Czarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 414 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 09:50 PM

View PostAphexTwin11, on 28 September 2016 - 12:41 PM, said:

OP: **TRIGGERED**

I think it's great - I hope they keep going and do it more often. The clans were never known for their peaceful accord with one another.

The "noise" is primarily coming from the very competitive folks - the vast majority of the people unaffiliated with specific units in the aforementioned clans could care less, assuming they're even aware of what's going on. I think it's great the competitive units are getting after one another both in-game and on the forums, I find it entertaining.

If you don't like it then don't read it - you can go to the IS section if you need a safe space Posted Image

EDIT: While I am a wolf loyalist at the moment, I am unaffiliated with any of the units mentioned.

true true but the clans settle such actions with trails of grievances or even the more serious trial of refusal, usually one or two planets would be fought over and when the battle was done they buried the hatchet Very rarely does it go all the way to trail of Annihilation unless your insubordinate to the ilkhan like the Wolverines did, seems like players on MWO want to take things to the extreme...like a extra layer of saltiness on that savageness. But I also welcome such faction wars...it creates a nice opportunity for units to fight each other and a break from the boring grind. I just wish their wasn't as much drama over dots on a star map

Edited by Czarr, 28 September 2016 - 09:55 PM.

#17 iLLcapitan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 654 posts
  • LocationBirdhouse

Posted 28 September 2016 - 10:20 PM

The numbers in CW yesterday were astonishing, I defended against Liao (rumor: MS genrushed us), against Marik (that fact actually blew me away) and as a sweet topping there were some good matches wolf vs falcon to be had. I can defenitly see the clan vs clan action as the way to go, as a player based initiative to get the action going. Balance is a bit off atm, so it makes sense for inter-factional campaigns (#clamsop).

However you look at it, its up to the players at this point. We just get no love for the mode and all we can do really is to work with what we have. So call it a Trial of Manliness or whatever but please don't use the lore as an excuse to not jump the train. There were countless clan vs clan campaigns in the books.

Hats off to the wolf loyalists supporting this.

#18 Fuerchtenichts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 280 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 September 2016 - 12:42 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 28 September 2016 - 07:17 PM, said:

People wanna play a game. They don't want endless ghost drops and sitting in lobbies for hours on end doing SFA. No more simple or difficult than that really.

Plenty of games to be had in Wolf as long as Wolf loyalists keep voting for active factions.

Falcons - People always show, good players/teams to go against
Bears - They won't show to defend planets generally, so more ghosts
FRR - Usually just PUG stomps, not fun.

One factor that is often not explicitly recognized in this discussion of "fealt activity" is depending on the region you are playing in. As long as we have 3 regions and no 24/7 coverage in every faction (due to the decreasing player numbers) there will always be winners and loosers regarding 12vs12 action as the "attack" decision only happens every 24h.

The alternative solution for the current running system would be a player/unit organized coordination. Which will be hard to achive looking at the on going discussions and scorched earth in this forum.

Edited by Fuerchtenichts, 29 September 2016 - 12:45 AM.

#19 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 29 September 2016 - 02:18 AM

Yeah that is a point - the last 3 days (while it's early I know), it's been non stop games in all 3 cycles for Wolf v Falcon
IS are now forced to get on the attack, which is drawing plenty of people in.

Lets see what happens I guess.

If everyone gets IS/Clan "bucketed" though, with such a low IS population, it'll be worse than it is now (based on population etc)

#20 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 29 September 2016 - 02:44 AM

Maybe people are trying to get their hot clan on clan action now before we get permanently shoved into just 2 buckets...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users