#1 NARC BAIT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 30 September 2016 - 10:45 AM

*UPDATE* - POST SOLARIS
a newer version of the file, its pretty much complete now, although when I say that, I dont mean the descriptions, I mean the amount of cvars, this list is probably definitive of the bounds you have to work with until they do an engine update ... if ... when, whatever ...

changing things too far from what your settings are will cause a spawn lag in solaris, so unlike previously, where you could set everything to low, and tune upwards, its best to have the 'advanced' video settings basically inline with what your aiming for ... my in game settings that go with this are
  • EFFECTS = LOW
  • OBJECT DETAIL = HIGH
  • PARTICLES = LOW
  • POST PROCESSING = LOW
  • SHADING = HIGH
  • SHADOWS = LOW
  • TEXTURING = LOW
  • ENVIRONMENT = LOW
  • ANTI ALIASING = OFF
-- indicates that a line is a comment, and is not to be parsed, use it to disable 'features'

** indicates that you may encounter a performance penalty for this
quirks about the configuration as supplied : (NOT FOR POTATO MACHINES!)
  • DECALS ARE OFF (r_DeferredDecals)
  • ** LODS ARE OFF (e_Lods) levels of detail are disabled, they are always at max
  • JOB SYSTEM IS DISABLED (sys_job_system_enable)
  • GAME USES FULL RESOURCES WHEN ALT-TABBED (sys_SleepIfInactive)
  • GAME VOLUME PLAYS OVER OTHER APPS WHILE ALT-TABBED (s_NoFocusVolume)
  • ** THREADS ARE HANDLED BY WINDOWS SCHEDULER (sys_main_CPU)
  • ** GAME LOGGING ENABLED, LOG KILLS / CHAT / SCOREBOARDS (gfx_uiaction_log)
  • WATER QUALITY IS LOWERED TO MINIMAL 'ACCEPTABLE' SETTINGS (r_WaterReflections)
  • ** DAKKA LIGHTING ENABLED (e_ParticlesLights)
  • DEPTH OF FIELD IS DISABLED (r_DepthOfField)
  • HDR BLOOMING IS LOWERED, NOT DISABLED (r_HDRBloomMul)
  • SUN SHADOWS UPDATE LESS OFTEN (e_GsmCache)
  • NVIDIA HIDDEN ENHANCEMENT ENABLED (r_ShadowsDepthBoundNV)
  • PARTICLE 'SIZE' REDUCED, potential issues with direction arrow?, (e_ParticlesLod)
  • ** HUD ELEMENTS SET TO 'DRAW' EVERY SECOND FRAME (gp_hud_ams_update)
Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by NARC BAIT, 27 April 2018 - 08:14 PM.

#2 NARC BAIT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 25 January 2017 - 04:39 AM

old stuff put within spoiler to save on screen space ...
Spoiler

Edited by NARC BAIT, 05 July 2017 - 09:05 AM.

#3 PJohann

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 52 posts
  • LocationSoviet Union

Posted 28 January 2017 - 09:50 AM

View PostNARC BAIT, on 25 January 2017 - 04:39 AM, said:

anyway, if a few other people with FX's could test this out, we all might greatly appreciate it, in an empty user.cfg file, insert this
sys_job_system_max_worker = 8

Looks like it works. I have fx8320 (stock clocks) + gtx1060. Since gpu upgrade I tried every kind of settings and no matter what (lowest or highest graphics) had about 30fps in brawl and stable 60 (capped with msi afterburner) in training. With this little thingy I have 50-60fps almost all time. Also noticed, that game now using 6 cores instead of 4. 2 remaining cores are still sitting near idle tho.

Edited by PJohann, 28 January 2017 - 09:50 AM.

#4 ongto

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 01:19 AM

very nice. keep up the work that isnt yours. need bump this before all amd left.
similar pc as pjohann, game runs noticable faster and smoother with lower fps drops than.before. fx6350+gtx1060oc.
fps in massbrawl improved a lot, no more stutter or fumbling shots, as long as i use low-med graphic settings.
still not looking nice or running smooth, but its more playable.

sys_job_system_max_worker 6

mwo was only using 2 cores, now all 6

Edited by ongto, 01 March 2017 - 01:20 AM.

#5 The Robot Jox

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 72 posts
  • LocationEcuador

Posted 06 March 2017 - 09:24 AM

so i have to mod everything, or these settings are allreayd tweaked by you? what dx you on?

#6 NARC BAIT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 March 2017 - 08:33 AM

the max worker setting is usually set only during launch ... and its probably not useful to everyone .... and for some people, it might not be set optimally .... alternatively some people might get better results from inserting
sys_job_system_enable 0
and deactivating the job system ...

lately I've been making my own 4K tweak ... but ... you cant use any values from the sys_spec configuration ... because they are generally overridden during map initialisation ...but its my intention to avoid conflicting with those keys ...

#7 Koruthaiolos

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 67 posts
  • LocationNorth Yorkshire

Posted 13 March 2017 - 01:59 AM

View PostNARC BAIT, on 12 March 2017 - 08:33 AM, said:

the max worker setting is usually set only during launch ... and its probably not useful to everyone .... and for some people, it might not be set optimally .... alternatively some people might get better results from inserting
sys_job_system_enable 0
and deactivating the job system ...

lately I've been making my own 4K tweak ... but ... you cant use any values from the sys_spec configuration ... because they are generally overridden during map initialisation ...but its my intention to avoid conflicting with those keys ...

would this make more sense for someone with an i7 cpu?

I've also been looking for ways to preload all the textures in this game, to avoid that annoying popping in when spinning around.

#8 NARC BAIT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:11 AM

View PostRaasul, on 13 March 2017 - 01:59 AM, said:

would this make more sense for someone with an i7 cpu?

I'm honestly not sure between you and me, it didn't seem to make a huge amount of difference either way .... I've tried assigning everything to run on single on a single core ... but it ends up doing whatever it wants ... you should get no issues trying it both ways ...

View PostRaasul, on 13 March 2017 - 01:59 AM, said:

I've also been looking for ways to preload all the textures in this game, to avoid that annoying popping in when spinning around.

by default the texture are 'preloaded', but in actuality, probably not all the textures you'll actually see when you first get ejected from a dropship ... my current setup tends to get up over 3gb of video ram once everything is loaded in .... its about 2gb for the map, and another gb for textures on player mechs etc ...

if you spin around, and terrain tiles need to be drawn in, that can be caused by a few things, not just texture preloading ...

#9 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 24 March 2017 - 11:17 PM

What would be the best user.cfg settings for minimum particles as possible? I have two systems, desktop is just fine running a overclocked i5 6600K at 4.6Ghz + GTX 1070, but my laptop with a i7 6700hq + GTX 1060 has frame drops into the 30's at times in FW, especially around smoke (strangely enough, my previous laptop with a i7 4700hq + 2x GTX 765m in SLi only ever dropped frames into the low 40s)

Edited by Vxheous Kerensky, 24 March 2017 - 11:19 PM.

#10 NARC BAIT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:07 AM

well, assuming that you've already got particles set to low in the settings, here are some more options that allow you to go lower ... they are deliberately commented out, and ideally you should change as little as possible, one option at a time ... I've lowered the LOD, as the first change ... good luck
Spoiler

#11 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 25 March 2017 - 10:46 AM

Thanks so much, one more question. In terms of setting viewdistance ratios, is a setting of 100 max, and how does setting it lower/higher affect view distance?

#12 NARC BAIT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 March 2017 - 05:39 AM

old stuff put within spoiler
Spoiler

Edited by NARC BAIT, 05 July 2017 - 09:06 AM.

#13 M T

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 351 posts
  • LocationGouda, South Holland

Posted 26 March 2017 - 12:49 PM

I dont really know what the stuff with 'environment' is, but anything other than low enables Ambient occlusion. (Not sure if a restart is required, as some FX isnt affected until a map reload or game reload.

Not a very good idea then if you want to squeeze most performance out of your system? :P

#14 NARC BAIT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 29 March 2017 - 11:27 PM

View PostM T, on 26 March 2017 - 12:49 PM, said:

I dont really know what the stuff with 'environment' is, but anything other than low enables Ambient occlusion. (Not sure if a restart is required, as some FX isnt affected until a map reload or game reload.

Not a very good idea then if you want to squeeze most performance out of your system? :P

thanks, you actually reminded me that that's not how I intended it to be, and have edited the tuning file above, in my hundreds of games of testing, it seemed to me that it was better to turn off the ambient occlusion in the renderer, not the engine .... I think leaving it on in the engine overrides the other worse occlusion methods, and turning it off in the renderer stops the actual effect from happening ... not that it usually will, because of the way maps are designed in MWO ... and configuring them in this non intuitive way seemed to smooth things out for me ...

don't quote this as gospel, but it seems that deferring in the engine works well, but deferring in the renderer is not helpful on hardware more than 10 generations evolved from what was available during the engine design ...

Edited by NARC BAIT, 30 March 2017 - 12:31 AM.

#15 M T

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 351 posts
  • LocationGouda, South Holland

Posted 30 March 2017 - 10:18 AM

Mhh.

I've actually had little luck disabling SSAO nor SSDO through user.cfg when Environment is at medium or higher.

But I did succeed in nullifying the effect through the parameters of these functions, the (...amount) ones that dictate the amount of occlusion applied.

Environment at medium is usually a nice thing as it gives more accurate Terrain LoDs. At the expense of a small bit of draw calls

Sadly its all so messy, some map geometry is not even affected, all maps seem to be wired like a mess to all these settings. But what can I say: PGI.

#16 NARC BAIT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 28 April 2017 - 08:58 PM

Ok, so I guess its time for an update .... considering I keep seeing other peoples efforts, and most of them contain, well, invalid cvars ... and it turns out to be pretty much impossible to make a one size fits all approach ... so instead, I'm just going to put some things up that people can 'cherry pick' to suit themselves, as no one can no 'for sure' that what works for them, will work for everyone else

firstly, lets discuss how things work, in theory, and in practise, using a USER.CFG file only ever allows you to set some cvars, and that's what PGI intended, the 'user.cfg' is only read once, BEFORE you log in (settings must be applied before 'rendering' starts). with the end effect being, by the time your in game, half of it was rendered ineffective ...

you can create another file, called 'tuning.cfg' that the engine will parse after level load ... it actually parses when the mech goes 'live', not during the pre game countdown, but when you spawn or are dropped from a dropship, if the game 'pauses' at these points, its a pretty good indication that the settings applied are 'fighting' the currently accepted values ... changing the sys_spec files will do it, because each one you change, applies multiple other changes ... just don't go there ... leave out them sys_spec values from your user.cfg file, they can be set properly with the in game options anyway, so any time you see sys_spec changes in a user.cfg file, its probably wrong ... anyway, drifting from the point here, make YOUR 'tuning.cfg' file simply read
exec user.cfg
and that will force the game to reload, your settings ... please note, going to hard, might get you in trouble, and that aint my fault .... so, onto the more important stuff .... (next post)

#17 NARC BAIT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 28 April 2017 - 09:34 PM

-- 1) normal - log warning / 0) omit log warning / 2) log and display message
-- setting to 0 dumps writing of the warning errors relating to the flash system (log bloat)
sys_flash_warning_level = 0

-- 1) normal - reduce frame rate if alt tabbed / 0) use full resources (streamers/youtubers etc)
sys_SleepIfInactive = 0

-- affects how fast you can spin a mech in the mechlab, and the command wheel responsiveness
-- 0.033) normal - 30 fps / 0.016) 60 fps scaling rotation / 
gfx_inputevents_mouse_move_threshold = 0

-- 0) disable / 1) enable / 2) auto *UNRELIABLE*
r_MultiThreaded = 1

-- 0) normal - silence on lost focus (alt-tab) / 1) play sound anyway
s_NoFocusVolume = 1

-- 0) normal / 1) simple reproject (use previous frame instead of waiting for current one)
e_CoverageBufferReproj = 1

-- if you turn off the level of detail system, you get max detail on 'objects'
-- don't try this on a potato pc 
e_lods = 0

-- personal preference, I hate the way things dissolve in and out ... just appear or go away
e_Dissolve = 0

-- 1) normal - defer / 0) disable - force non deferred (except sun)
e_DynamicLightsForceDeferred = 0

-- 3) low spec / 2) med / high spec / 1) better detail over distance than the is normally possible 
e_TerrainLodRatio = 1

-- 5) low spec / 2) med spec / 1) high spec
e_TerrainTextureLodRatio = 1

-- the environmental probes are badly placed on 50% of maps ... they were dumped from later versions
-- of the engine, because it encouraged bad/lazy level lighting design 
r_DeferredShadingEnvProbes = 0

-- 0) disable / 1) low spec / 2) high spec / 
r_DepthOfField = 0

-- 0) normal / 1) force particles half res - use this control, not the other one
r_UseParticlesHalfResForce = 1

-- 1) normal / 0) disable - whack / 2) pre pass (faster for me)
r_UseZPass = 2

-- the following controls lower the detail of water ... while keeping it enabled
-- some people told me it was bad form to disable the water ... 
r_WaterCaustics = 0
r_WaterGodRays = 0
r_WaterReflections = 0
r_WaterReflectionsQuality = 0

-- 0) normal / 1) show enhanced network channel statistics
net_channelstats = 1

-- 1) minimize packets sent on channel / 0) seemed better for me (high latency)
net_new_queue_behaviour = 

-- do not auto target mech under crosshair, use if you hold lock on someone and shoot someone else
gp_mech_disable_autotarget = 1

-- show ping in top left corner
gp_mech_ping = 1

-- show fps in top left corner
gp_mech_showfps = 1

-- show position in top left corner
gp_mech_showpos = 1

#18 SCHLIMMER BESTIMMER XXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 879 posts
  • LocationNiemalsland

Posted 15 May 2017 - 01:46 PM

with the "copy of match result screen" thingy you shoud have come up 3 years earlier.
There was quite some guys who demanded this function for their own self made MWO campaigns

#19 NARC BAIT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 15 May 2017 - 10:43 PM

View PostSHRedo, on 15 May 2017 - 01:46 PM, said:

you shoud have come up 3 years earlier.

yeah, that was uncovered by accident ... at first I was going to parse them into a csv or something, but ended up getting lazy and just recording whole games and uploading to youtube ...

#20 SCHLIMMER BESTIMMER XXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 879 posts
  • LocationNiemalsland

Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:54 PM

View PostNARC BAIT, on 15 May 2017 - 10:43 PM, said:

yeah, that was uncovered by accident ... at first I was going to parse them into a csv or something, but ended up getting lazy and just recording whole games and uploading to youtube ...

no really, there was some people who tryed to build own campaigns like "inner sphere wars" just available to make them
functioning offline (matches played online for sure).kind of a own front end outside of the mwo client, where you have
repair costs, mech production, pilots data.The income that woud be needed for this woud have been calculated through
the end of match screen copy.I build a campaign myself where i used "inner-sphere-maps,.com" where you coud change through a txt file the owners of the inner sphere planets and all kind of works tables for above named things.
but in the end i was too lazy to transfer the end of match result data per hand to a works table.
maybie someone woud have made a standalone frontend for a real inner sphere campaign you can play on your own
without the need to go online and take part in some kind of league.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users