Art

12 replies to this topic

#1 jjm1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 04:03 AM

I started these concept re-colours before I knew there was a Timberwolf hero coming because I was upset at the lack of a Timberwolf hero. Posted Image

Well now there is one. but... I'm afraid its pretty boring for a hero mech though. To me Heroes should offer up some new game play possibilities, like the Pirates Bane (ECM) or the Bounty Hunter (slower with range quirks). And to be honest I don't understand the tokyo drift skins all the clan heroes have now. Man, and I thought I was deviating from battletech. lol.

I have made three heroes, each with a bit of distinction. Maybe some OP builds can be built out of them, struggling to see how that's an issue with all the other rampant power creep going on though.

Its an epic sized image with lots of details. Enjoy and please discuss timber heroes.

OBSOLETE BUILDS:

Posted Image

edit:
Hid obsolete builds to avoid confusion.

Edited by jjm1, 03 June 2017 - 06:57 AM.

#2 Stingray Productions

• 1,906 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 10:52 AM

Those are pretty cool :)

#3 Hatmael

• PipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 11:27 AM

Wow.....nice.What say PGI?

#4 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 02 October 2016 - 09:33 AM

View Postjjm1, on 01 October 2016 - 04:03 AM, said:

I started these concept re-colours before I knew there was a Timberwolf hero coming because I was upset at the lack of a Timberwolf hero. Posted Image

Well now there is one. but... I'm afraid its pretty boring for a hero mech though. To me Heroes should offer up some new game play possibilities, like the Pirates Bane (ECM) or the Bounty Hunter (slower with range quirks). And to be honest I don't understand the tokyo drift skins all the clan heroes have now. Man, and I thought I was deviating from battletech. lol.

I have made three heroes, each with a bit of distinction. Maybe some OP builds can be built out of them, struggling to see how that's an issue with all the other rampant power creep going on though.

Its an epic sized image with lots of details. Enjoy and please discuss timber heroes.

direct url:
https://s11.postimg...._by_jjm1_v1.jpg

Posted Image

Gorgeous repaints, cool builds.

#5 process

• Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 06:32 AM

Sweet repaints. I really like the placement of the secondary missile pods on the Crusader hero.

#6 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 04 October 2016 - 01:24 PM

Spectral Wolf = power creep defined.
Gimme gimme gimme!

#7 AngrySpartan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 349 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 01:34 PM

Would love to see MASK on a decent clan heavy, 7JJ is cool too (against construction rules though). Good job!

#8 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 04 October 2016 - 01:49 PM

View PostAngrySpartan, on 04 October 2016 - 01:34 PM, said:

Would love to see MASK on a decent clan heavy, 7JJ is cool too (against construction rules though). Good job!

MASC on this chassis would also be against the construction rules. (Must be locked equipamentos on omnis)

#9 Veiled Cause

• PipPip
  • The Serpent
  • The Serpent
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 02:57 PM

I would buy them all with no question. All of them look amazing and their loadouts do look fun to play with.

#10 jjm1

• Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 12:14 AM

Updated with build and art changes.

They should now all follow the build rules. Each mech was associated with a clan before, but I intentionally left it a bit generic as they would be presented in MWO, now they are fully associated to a specific clan.

Spectral wolf is associated with Ghost Bear's Silver Root Keshik.

Crusader loses its excess jump jets :( and is associated with Jade Falcons Vau Galaxy.

Warden loses its illegal MASC :( and is associated with Clan Coyote's Golden Keshik.

direct link to image
Posted Image

#11 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 02 December 2016 - 03:17 AM

So ******* good, dude...

...I mean, "YOU FILTHY CLANNER!"

#12 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 December 2016 - 01:55 AM

These are gorgeous...

#13 Delta1262 Scorch

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 59 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 03 December 2016 - 02:20 AM

View Postjjm1, on 01 October 2016 - 04:03 AM, said:

direct url:
https://s11.postimg...._by_jjm1_v1.jpg

Posted Image

Amazing Timbers, both their paintjob and look, and also the equipment setups...but now i'm quite sad because that's much much better then we can see in game =(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users