#1 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 01 October 2016 - 07:26 AM

Huntsman!
I'm a medium jock, and it's been a while I was waiting for this.

Posted Image

50 tonners BUT a lot of pod space, and a lot of hardpoints, 5 JJ for good poptarting.....
She can offer a looooot of possible configuration, and I'm sure it will be a blast to play with.
Despite we already have 50 tonners, the Huntsman differs from them
The Hunchie 2C, is a battlemech: fully configurable about engine, structure and armor but with fixed and less hardpoints.
The nova has less free pod space, lower arms hardpoints, and only 2 M hardpoints in all its omnipods.

Huntsman is an omnimech: so endo/ferro, 250xl, 5 JJ..... and a looooooooooot of hardpoints.
A lot of different omnipods. So, despite there are a few similar builds with the Hunchie, Huntsman canhave very different ones too.
So in the end a very versatile mech.

Pariah Devalis corner:
As someone who has been lobbying for this particular mech for two years, now, I don't think I ever thought it would be the best medium mech we have. However, what I believed, and what I still believe at this point, is that it will offer a fantastic sidegrade mech. Something effectively equal to other options.
Good looking
Insane amount of weapon configurations it can run well
Good looking
Can actually get some air with its jump jets
Belongs to the best Clan ever (Nova Cats!)
Has a lot of value for the tonnage as far as a weapons package is concerned
Looks absolutely incredible

THE METAMAN (Goose&Peeps, Goose&Lezors, 2erPeeps Tartman)
The first time PGi annouced the Huntsman, a funny calculation came into my mind:
24 free tons, 24= 12+6+6 (gauss+2erppc).
And for the ammo, strip the arms and head Posted Image

Posted Image

Sadly it's very low on ammo, so probably it's a joke build..... but I still can imagine myself poptarting with this..... <3<3
More serious it's the Metaman of Pariah: gauss/erppc 2erml + TC1, full armor and 3 tons of ammo.
Posted Image

Of course the classic Goose&lezors: 1gauss+5erml (or if you are feeling too hot, 1 gauss+4erml + TC1)
Posted Image

On the other hand, I think that for a good poptart, 2erppc with a giant TC will be quite effective.
It's possible to put 2erppc on the same side, and TC on the other torso. Or 1erPPC on each torso and also a TC7 in an arm.
Posted Image
or fresher:
Posted Image

THE SPLATSMAN ( and the LURMMAN..... sorry no Streakman.....streak SUX )
The difference with 50 tonners Nova and Hunchback2C: Huntsman has a lot of M hardpoints, eight!!
Potentially, it's going to be one of the scariest srm brawler of MWO.
This comes with various tastes: 8aSRM4 (64dmg alpha, more dps); 6aSRM6 (72dmg alpha, more punch)
Posted Image

Posted Image

SRM4 doesn't spread so much, so it is possible a cooler build without artemis, above all when the HUntsman is not elited.
Posted Image

Many variations are possible for mixed builds.
For instance 6 M in LA/LT/RT, and RA with 3 E hardpoints for erml, spl ... or flamers:
THE SURMBURN
Posted Image

And here we go with the LURMMAN, The Lurmer.
Posted Image
Pretty sure there will be fans of this Posted Image
Please note the actuators in the arm with TAG.... you can lock any enemy in any position (so please.... don't ask for lock Posted Image )

THE LASERMAN (classic alphaman, Wubman, Pokeman, etc.)
Hunchie2C, Nova and also the Crow have pleanty of E hardpoints.
So, nothing new here, except that the Huntsman cannot bring that amount of ersl/spl like the nova or crow. Anyway 9 E hardpoints can give us solid laservomits, and very high monted in torsi.

You can fry you eggs with this: Alphaman
2LPL+4erml (classic 54alpha dmg, 18dhs, coll.eff. 30%)
Posted Image

Wubman 8mpl; Enjoy 64 dmg, ...and GH too Posted Image (but 4+4 should be good enough)
Posted Image

LargeWubman: lpl+5mpl, 53 alpha but no GH and fresher (feel free to mount a TC1 instead of 1DHS)
Posted Image

There is the option to poke with 2LPL and then going brawler with 7spl
THE POKEMAN
Posted Image

THE DAKKAMAN
The dakka man has some issues, mainly due to fixed stuff.
5 B hardpoints and 24 free tons, but also 5JJ, obligatory and that eat up 2 tons of ammo/TC

IMO, Hunchie 2C is a better dakka platform, because you can change endo/ferro/engine to your needs.
BUT the Huntsman is going to be a better dakka platform than Nova and Crow.

So, the 3uac5 is not possible here. Not enough ammo.
The 2uac10 are viable (but as said IMO the Hunchie2C is better).
Posted Image

GATTMAN I, II, III by Pariah Devalis
UAC2 can be a juicy troll weapon. Must be fun to shake enemy cockpit Posted Image
Also it's the only way to use 4 ballistic here (no thanks....no MG)
Posted Image

Maybe the most interesting loadouts are the no symmetrical ones.... that is something the Hunchie cannot do.
For instance HNT can bring the loadout of a classic bringer: 2uac5+4erml, with no ECM but 5 JJ (and with no armor in LA).
Switch TC or DHS or more ammo as you wish.
Posted Image
Dakka10lesorsman
Posted Image
Mixdakkawubman
Probably the most useful mix configuration.

Posted Image

FINAL CONSIDERATIONS
Huntsman should be a fun and effective mech to ride for every medium pilot.
9 E hardpoints, 8 missile hardpoints, 5 ballistic hardpoints: FREE YOUR IMMAGINATION.
It can jump!
Very high torsi hardpoints...and the arms are not that low too.
It seems that arms can shield well enough.

CYA in the battlefied! O/

(by Pariah Devalis and Stefka Kerensky)

UPDATES HERE FROM PARIAH DEVALIS!!!!

Arbitrator Mk. II Weapons Testing

Ditched the arm SRMs for something with a bit more precision. Beefed up the alpha with making the torso ASRM4 into ASRM6 instead. Freed up the tonnage for 15 DHS and a targeting computer, plus enough ammo to last in 4v4 Scouting missions.

Build:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f08abdfc52d28ac

Updated Pakhet which I use to extremely good effect in games:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Build:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...07dfb18dbf5a6b9

Skill Tree:

https://kitlaan.gitl...ensor%20Systems

Even before the MPlas changes, it was solid. Now it's a dream

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...d01685e5aedb160

Skill Tree similar to:

https://kitlaan.gitl...066c1&s=Agility

Minor update the MPlas build:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...0dec50ca0f7d780

Just exchanged the Active Probe for a Light Active Probe in order to double the AMS ammo from 0.5 tons to a full ton. With the further heat reduction, this thing runs stupidly cold for a Clan laser boat.

Update to the twin UAC-10 Huntsman configuration post Skill Tree:

Build
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a30393d818e6834

Tree
https://kitlaan.gitl...ensor%20Systems

Stefka PPFLD-post-civil-war Huntman

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...d0904ad6ec9a6ba

Edited by Stefka Kerensky, 28 July 2017 - 07:31 PM.

#2 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 01 October 2016 - 02:04 PM

A quick note: The poptart version with Gauss, ERPPC, TC1 and 2xERMLas has essentially zero armor in the right arm. It uses that weight elsewhere.

#3 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 02:40 PM

Another note: up to 5 ballistic hardpoints. I mean, you can't use them all, short of MG, but ... yeah. 5, not 4.

#4 ProfPyro

• PipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 91 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 04:04 PM

You're getting me more excited about this than I thought I could be. So many possibilities to try!

#5 LT. HARDCASE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 02 October 2016 - 04:41 PM

I've been evangelizing for this mech in the General section for years also. It's the only mech I promised Uncle Russ I'd buy instantly. I'm even debating the Ultimate Pack, something I NEVER would do. The medium jock in me is going nuts.

I love versatile mechs. This thing is a damn Swiss Army knife, plenty of hardpoints and plenty of tonnage.

My only worry is that its slot situation is tight. Unless I messed up, I see 5 slots in the LT, 6 in the RT, 8 each LA/RA (7 with the LAA), 0 CT, 0 RL/LL, 0 head.

Edited by LT. HARDCASE, 02 October 2016 - 04:43 PM.

#6 Kael Posavatz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 971 posts
  • LocationOn a quest to find the Star League

Posted 02 October 2016 - 05:01 PM

Solaris Skunk Werks?

that takes me back.

#7 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,967 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 02 October 2016 - 05:03 PM

I think it will be a slow and fragile Mech

many tears will flow about this Mech

it does look cool

#8 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 02 October 2016 - 07:53 PM

View PostDavegt27, on 02 October 2016 - 05:03 PM, said:

I think it will be a slow and fragile Mech

many tears will flow about this Mech

it does look cool

I guess tears will flow with bad piloting
It has the speed of most clan mechs. U stay packed and you'll be fine. Also with 5JJ and high mounted..... you really don't need higher speed for poptarting: take a look at metaman: this mech it's all about poptart at distance NOT brawling.
Fragile? It has the same armor of all the 50 tonner, and moreover its arms can shield:
Posted Image

Anyway, even brawling with 72 dmg alpha.... yes... the tears will flow... :D :D

#9 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 07:13 AM

View PostLT. HARDCASE, on 02 October 2016 - 04:41 PM, said:

I've been evangelizing for this mech in the General section for years also. It's the only mech I promised Uncle Russ I'd buy instantly. I'm even debating the Ultimate Pack, something I NEVER would do. The medium jock in me is going nuts.

I love versatile mechs. This thing is a damn Swiss Army knife, plenty of hardpoints and plenty of tonnage.

My only worry is that its slot situation is tight. Unless I messed up, I see 5 slots in the LT, 6 in the RT, 8 each LA/RA (7 with the LAA), 0 CT, 0 RL/LL, 0 head.

Can still easily fit two UAC5 in the 2B torso if you wanted. Or a Gauss Rifle in that right torso. Or a UAC10 in both side torsos. I intend to run a 2xUAC10 2x ERSLas setup, if only on the basis of "like hell if I will pilot a filthy Hunchback IIC!" The only thing you are really limited in installing in the torsos, as far as big guns, are LB20X and UAC20. Not too big of a worry, honestly.

About the worst drawback the mech has for ballistics is that it cannot carry an LB20X anywhere. Not in the torsos or arms. Just not enough space. However, I mean... LB20X, while they sound incredible, have very limited niche builds they work with, anyways.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 03 October 2016 - 07:15 AM.

#10 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 03 October 2016 - 10:26 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 03 October 2016 - 07:13 AM, said:

Can still easily fit two UAC5 in the 2B torso if you wanted. Or a Gauss Rifle in that right torso. Or a UAC10 in both side torsos. I intend to run a 2xUAC10 2x ERSLas setup, if only on the basis of "like hell if I will pilot a filthy Hunchback IIC!"

Well, TBH, in the love-guide I tried to avoid the classic Hunchie 2C builds, I would like the HUntsman to be different; also because the Hunchie2C is a better dakka platform, imo.

Something the HUnchie2C cannot do are mixed loadouts, such as the last with UAC10 and 5mpl, or uac10 and 6-7ersl

#11 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 09:01 AM

Messing around with the lab, if you strip the arms completely, drop the head to around 10 armor, and the legs to around 39 armor, you can barely cram in there 2 ERPPC and 1 Gauss Rifle with 2 tons of ammo. As is evidenced by the Tartman from the OP list of builds.

It... might be enough ammo given it has the two ERPPC to back it up, but it is about half a ton less ammo than I'd be strictly comfortable with. No doubt a nasty piece of work. Going to suffer from heat, though, if the enemy can close distance. Going to run hot if forced to keep up sustained firepower. Doable, though.

All these guns would be in line with the cockpit, too. At 50 tons with 5 JJ, it gets a significant jump, too.

On an upside, it doesn't require anything beyond the basic Huntsman package.

I could totally see this roaming the backfields. Just remember that it will run extremely hot, and once that Gauss explodes, the mech will be effectively at 5 DHS to cool two ERPPC. Gonna be in a world of hurt if that happens.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 09 October 2016 - 09:03 AM.

#12 Sonny Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 445 posts
  • LocationThe Motion Lounge

Posted 10 October 2016 - 04:21 AM

The Splatsman and The Lummer!!! Posted Image

#13 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 05:59 PM

View PostDavegt27, on 02 October 2016 - 05:03 PM, said:

I think it will be a slow and fragile Mech many tears will flow about this Mech it does look cool

Its not really slow as it is the same speed as a Nova and can reach over 87 kph. That is plenty fast for a medium mech with the type of firepower the Huntsman can bring, plus it should have decent jumping ability as well.

On the other hand I am worried about its hitboxes. Those side torsos are huge plus it looks like it might have a large CT hitbox as well. Also even if they reduce the CT hitbox, that just makes those ST hitboxes that much bigger. At the very lest I think this mech will be losing 50% of its firepower frighteningly easy.

Of course maybe we will get lucky. I have several times now seen mechs I though were going to have horrible hitboxes actually turn out to have decent or even great hitboxes so we can cross our fingers at the very least.

#14 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 10:42 AM

Weapon Testing with Entropy the Gigasplat Huntsman.

Decided to do a proper weapons test on the mech. Due to how easy it is to accidentally overheat with three weapon groups, I decided to try splitting it into four groups instead. Certainly helps with the pacing of the shots, while not denying the option to fire all the missiles if I want to. It barely passed my ammunition minimum tests, too. I want enough ammo in any mech to kill all 8 targets in the testing grounds through front CT - especially if it is entirely ammo dependent.

The build for Entropy Arbitrator is here:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...5315dd3532d364c

Edit: Updated the build slightly. One extra DHS, one less ton of ammo. Improves the sustain of the mech and 6 tons of ammo was way overkill for 4v4 mode. Also, renamed the mech to Arbitrator.

Combat footage:

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 20 October 2016 - 02:51 PM.

#15 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 02:50 PM

Absolution would be my Laservom. Yes, it could probably be a better idea to remove one arm ERMLas for an extra DHS, but I like the symmetry too much. That, and, in a pinch, it is nice to be able to push out that extra damage.

Build:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b565cc08b419e30

#16 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 27 October 2016 - 06:26 AM

All my HMN mastered.
Here are the most efective builds, tested and tuned from unbasiced to mastered.

1) classic hellbringer 1gauss 4 erml.
Even using the prime as it is, so you have more gauss cooldown and less laser duration
An hardworker: average dmg per match 543

2) Point and click laserboat
2lpl+3erml tc1 very cool or 1lpl/4mpl/tc1
Nothing to explain here.
Use it for relaxing, since you don't have to "aim".

3) classic 2uac5/3(4?)erml
same build of a bringer, without ecm, but with 5JJ.
Effective.
I liked this one much more than the 2uac10.
More range and uac5 and erml have similar range.

4) poptarters: gauss-erppc/ 2erppc.....and gauss/2erppc
Maybe the Hunchback-2C with 2erppc is slighty better because it's tinier, so at med/ long range it's more difficult to aim. But the huntsman is a better poptarter. I found pleanty of situations, spots, where 5 JJ are better than 4. Also, being a little taller, you can stand behind mechs and poptart easily using teamates as shields.
The ultimate meta gauss/2erppc is... a classic Timberwolf. A friend of mine, good comp. player was training with this. So apparently my first intuition, the "Metaman" wasn't so crazy.

5) the real Hunter.
Pakhet with 8srm4.
It's the HMN with the highest statistic: k/d 3 and w/l 5.20.
Simple: wait until braw starts. Identify the "easy" target, OR, the most dangerous enemy.
Close at range, and give instadeath with 64 dmg alpha, or 128 dmg at CT in less than 3 seconds.
In the first case, you can go on, splattering enemies.
In the second, you can unbalance the match, trading a 50 tonner for an enemy KDK3, and get the win.

#17 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 05:34 PM

Twin UAC10 of glory. This thing regularly prints out 450-525 match scores, and around 750 damage matches. Fantastic in pug drops.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a76acb91e2ea812

#18 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 03:26 AM

Nice thread and I'm enjoying the Huntsman but would it be possible for you to label the omnipods used as we can only use those P or PA omnipods once each over 6 chassis. Having to just put everything into mechlabs to reconstruct your builds gets rather frustrating. Posted Image

Edit: Obviously aimed at the OP not Pariah! Posted Image

Edited by Aramuside, 30 October 2016 - 03:28 AM.

#19 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 07:41 AM

As fun as 8x ASRM4 is, I suspect the following might turn out to be a better build:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a4bc774fc9045ca

Lower ghost heat, same cooling, same ammo count. Can easily trade one ton of ammo for a TCMK1. Has the pinpoint of the 5 SPLas to more easily isolate components, but the SRM20 salvo to rip and tear what you punch holes into. Feel a lot easier to manage its heat, as well.

Was finding that with HSR being flaky, the damage from the gigasplat was inconsistent. Either it did really well, or not well at all. Further, in scouting mode, I was surprised by how much harder it was to isolate limbs such as legs with the SRMs. Even with Artemis, it would still spread a bit. Artemis SRM6 with ERSLas is an option, but the ASRM6 spreads way too much, which offsets the additional 5 damage it presents over the linked build. I rather slightly lower alphas with more focused damage. Better application of the damage dealt.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 30 October 2016 - 07:43 AM.

#20 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 30 October 2016 - 08:09 AM

View PostAramuside, on 30 October 2016 - 03:26 AM, said:

Nice thread and I'm enjoying the Huntsman but would it be possible for you to label the omnipods used as we can only use those P or PA omnipods once each over 6 chassis. Having to just put everything into mechlabs to reconstruct your builds gets rather frustrating. Posted Image

Sadly this is what I had to do with my builds: switching omnipods between mechs while I was level them.
This sucks.
Maybe I can understand that for hero pods...but not for the P and C variants, since those mechs are esactly like any other mechs that will come out for c-bills.
Not agree with PGI about this.....

Edited by Stefka Kerensky, 30 October 2016 - 08:09 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users