69 replies to this topic

#21 adamts01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 02 October 2016 - 07:54 PM

View PostMarack Drock the Unicorn Wizard, on 02 October 2016 - 07:35 PM, said:

Am I the only one who hasn't used the override button in 3 years of playing?
Yes. As a light, it's basically a suicide button, but as a heavy or assault, you can trigger override and get out of a tight spot and get a few more shots off with minimal internal damage.

View PostIdealsuspect, on 02 October 2016 - 07:43 PM, said:

He didn't broke anything about rules ( read above ) he got kill, damage and he was last to die.
How he can denie his team a healty 12 mechs?

They were butthurt? They may aim better and kill faster pretty sure they were 10 firing at him.
People like this report when they don't get the kill and this is an abuse.

"Willfully or repeatedly self-destructing one’s ‘Mech, either by overheating, going out-of-bounds, or committing some other form of suicide or intending to cause abnormally early death." https://mwomercs.com/conduct

Doing top damage in the match or being the last to die have quite literally nothing to do with it. It's not "non-participation AND suicide", it's "non-participation OR suicide".

#22 MrMadguy

• 2,193 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 08:13 PM

View Postadamts01, on 02 October 2016 - 07:54 PM, said:

"Willfully or repeatedly self-destructing one’s ‘Mech, either by overheating, going out-of-bounds, or committing some other form of suicide or intending to cause abnormally EARLY DEATH." https://mwomercs.com/conduct

Hahaha. Lol, it's so great to post quote, that tells us exactly the opposite to what you want it to tell. Yeah, death at the end of the match is sooooooooooooooo early, lol.

Edited by MrMadguy, 02 October 2016 - 08:14 PM.

#23 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 08:17 PM

I think the rule is more for people who make a habit out of it. As long as you don't have a history of it, I wouldn't worry too much. Personally, I would advise you to just go down swinging. You'll make a few exta cbills on damage, and you might even get a couple of easy kills. Plus there is no worry about PGI taking action.

#24 adamts01

• Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 02 October 2016 - 08:27 PM

View PostJman5, on 02 October 2016 - 08:17 PM, said:

I think the rule is more for people who make a habit out of it. As long as you don't have a history of it, I wouldn't worry too much. Personally, I would advise you to just go down swinging. You'll make a few exta cbills on damage, and you might even get a couple of easy kills. Plus there is no worry about PGI taking action.
Without him explaining his side better, and the report actually going through, probably because multiple people reported him, I think it's safe to say OP just walked in to some corner and died while he still had the ability to fight.

View PostMrMadguy, on 02 October 2016 - 08:13 PM, said:

Hahaha. Lol, it's so great to post quote, that tells us exactly the opposite to what you want it to tell. Yeah, death at the end of the match is sooooooooooooooo early, lol.

ABNORMALLY early death

It's normal in a combat game to die in combat. It's abnormal to die in some corner of the map outside of combat. In what order you happen to die has absolutely nothing to do with it. Try to step out of your troll shoes and imagine what a reasonable person would have made this rule to try to avoid. It's written to avoid people suiciding while they still have the ability to fight.

#25 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 02 October 2016 - 08:28 PM

everyone gets reported, relax

reports are mostly a punching bag unless you are such a tool you end up standing out

#26 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 02 October 2016 - 08:35 PM

View PostIdealsuspect, on 02 October 2016 - 07:12 PM, said:

You did break the potato rules, you did play with your brain they report you whatever man be reported in this game mean stupid people did noticed you and rage Posted Image

These are words full of truth.
This MGA pilot was freaking out writing in chat I was soooo terrible, I could not aim, I used a bad loadout....while he died doing sh1t in a nightgyr.
Posted Image

(note the enemy pilot saying "He said T e r r i b l e" lol

So, yes, dead people feels thier a$$ burned and go crazy.

Edited by Stefka Kerensky, 02 October 2016 - 08:36 PM.

#27 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 09:20 PM

View Postadamts01, on 02 October 2016 - 08:27 PM, said:

Without him explaining his side better, and the report actually going through, probably because multiple people reported him, I think it's safe to say OP just walked in to some corner and died while he still had the ability to fight.

ABNORMALLY early death

It's normal in a combat game to die in combat. It's abnormal to die in some corner of the map outside of combat. In what order you happen to die has absolutely nothing to do with it. Try to step out of your troll shoes and imagine what a reasonable person would have made this rule to try to avoid. It's written to avoid people suiciding while they still have the ability to fight.

An early death can be abnormaly or not abnormaly and could be reported only if "abnormaly" but all early deaths haven't to be reported... Right? Sometime you can do a bad meeting.
An abnormaly death, early or not can be reported. Right ?

PGI did write

either by overheating, going out-of-bounds, or committing some other form of suicide or otherwise intending to cause abnormally early death, is a violation of the Code of Conduct.

If PGI was talking about "abnormaly death" they wouldn't had add " early ". Cause all "abnormaly death" are reportable...
If PGI was talking about "abnormaly-early death" it because they talk about people who suicide theirs mechs ASAP for farm the system or annoy maximum people in the game.

They aren't talking about people who try something like kill an ennemy while they are overheating or put a last alpha before die for hurt ennemy, or becose they are legged in out of bounds zone while dueling or flanking someone cause in thoses cases you can't precisly say " OK I AM SURE 100 PERCENT this guy is suiciding for make his team lose and he wasn't trying to inflict damage "

Sometime i see some people who suicide theirs mechs without overheat or going out of bound but just by going straight to the ennemy early in the match, they have to be reported too, dying by overheating or out of bounds isn't the only way for suicide but they are so easy to report :)

#28 MortZA

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 09:23 PM

View PostZergling, on 02 October 2016 - 07:07 PM, said:

For suiciding, when I was the last man standing on my team, 3 to 11.

The battle was hopelessly lost, and I figured it was better if I just died quickly so everyone could start another battle sooner, instead of trying to drag the battle out.

Here are my battle result screens:
http://i.imgur.com/MKzbK1Z.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/gr9XqAR.jpg

To the best of my knowledge, the rule against suiciding is about players that suicide at the start of the battle, either overheating, out of bounds or 'zerg rushing' into the enemy team, so I didn't think what I did was against game rules.

So did I do anything wrong? Did I break game rules and deserve the report?

Did you suicide in a corner somewhere, or did you just overheat while fighting?

#29 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,733 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 09:25 PM

im sure pgi checks the scores. they probibly throw out any reports outright if the player is ahead of the curve. it probibly doesnt even register a report unless a large number of players file similar reports. thats assuming the report system isnt a big placebo.

#30 MrMadguy

• 2,193 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 09:26 PM

This PVE carebear "I don't wanna die" mentality gets out of hand, lol. If rules would work according to you, attacking enemy 'Mechs directly would be forbidden, cuz when you do it, you ZOMFG RISKING TO DIE ABNORMALLY AND/OR ERALY!!! The only way to attack enemy 'Mechs would be - either from back or from 100500 meters distance, where they can't get you, via ER-LLs/ER-PPCs, lol. Nobody would attack, cuz first 'Mech, who died, should be reported 100% for "dying early"! Complete poke-poke-hide'n'seek-Warrior Online.
Posted Image

So. You shouldn't turn rules the way, that suits you. Rules are simple. Suicide rule - works at the beginning of the match only - for ABNORMAL EARLY DEATH. It's there to prevent players from boycotting maps/modes, they don't like. When you die in combat with other 'Mechs at the end of the match and you're the last 'Mech to die - it isn't abnormal death, and I'm not even talking about early death. No matter, how desperately you want it to be, sorry.

And at the end of the match another rule kicks in - "avoiding engagement/needlessly dragging out the match/running out the timer" non-participation rule. This rule is also simple. There is no such a thing as "personal victory" in MWO - only team's victory. If it's obvious, that your team has already lost this match - there is no reason for you to drag it out. More rewards? You can earn them in the next match, instead of dragging current one. Via dragging current match you simply grief and troll enemy players, who are still alive, via holding them as hostages. Griefing is forbidden by rules, sorry.

Edited by MrMadguy, 02 October 2016 - 09:31 PM.

#31 Zergling

• The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 09:42 PM

View PostMortZA, on 02 October 2016 - 09:23 PM, said:

Did you suicide in a corner somewhere, or did you just overheat while fighting?

Ran away from the enemy team, overheated to die. Sure I could have just thrown my mech at the enemy, but I didn't particularly feel like giving them a free kill.
Either way would have been suicide though.

The only option that wouldn't be considered suicide would have been for me to try and do hit and run sniping, which would have just wasted everyone's time.

Edited by Zergling, 02 October 2016 - 09:43 PM.

#32 MW222

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 620 posts
  • LocationWay, Way Over there, Face North turn left or was that right?

Posted 02 October 2016 - 10:25 PM

View PostZergling, on 02 October 2016 - 07:23 PM, said:

It was the Wolfhound on my own team that reported me. He was whining in VOIP about how I was a coward and stuff.

No penalty AFAIK.

No biggie your not even a blip on PGIs screen.

#33 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 02 October 2016 - 11:36 PM

Not a biggie though i prefer to go down fighting with override on myself.

However if you were the last man standing because you were on of those Ideal guys who hides behind his team and snipes, using their armour, i can understand why your team wanted to report you.

Edited by Ace Selin, 02 October 2016 - 11:36 PM.

#34 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 11:51 PM

For the ace guy above i quote myself Posted Image

View PostIdealsuspect, on 02 October 2016 - 07:12 PM, said:

You did break the potato rules, you did play with your brain they report you whatever man be reported in this game mean stupid people did noticed you and rage Posted Image

Lol even as sniper i am most of time in front ( well i am talking the real front you know (or not ) the front where reals pushers are, trying to nascar ennemy campers potatoes... i am not talking about the front where potatoes teamates i mean all aces guys are camping, poking trading like boss )

And yea in this real front most of time i am alone also it's more safe to take a sniper while my potatoes are dying nascared by ennemy team and will cry/report while specting me, me i laught about theirs stupidity and theirs rage ^^

Edited by Idealsuspect, 02 October 2016 - 11:52 PM.

#35 Zergling

• The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 12:02 AM

View PostAce Selin, on 02 October 2016 - 11:36 PM, said:

Not a biggie though i prefer to go down fighting with override on myself.

However if you were the last man standing because you were on of those Ideal guys who hides behind his team and snipes, using their armour, i can understand why your team wanted to report you.

Yeah, I can understand wanting to go down fighting, and I do that sometimes too. Just other times I can't be bothered when my team collapses like that.

I was using a twin ER Large Laser sniper build with my Arctic Cheetah, but I wasn't hanging back using my team as shields; I took a fair number of hits before my team was all dead (I think my left torso was open and yellow).
I was using my jump jets to move around and take flanking positions, where I could both spot and harass the enemy team as much as possible.

I wasn't just spreading my damage around farming damage either; I managed to focus on the enemy Executioner a fair bit, eventually scoring a solo kill against it.

Edited by Zergling, 03 October 2016 - 12:34 AM.

#36 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,472 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 03 October 2016 - 01:00 AM

Well there are somewhat contradictory rules when you are a last survivor against several enemies, especially if you have no weapons left.

On the one hand you're not allowed to hide, on the other you're not allowed to do anything suicidal, such as engaging without any chances of winning. What to do?

#37 sneeking

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 03 October 2016 - 01:14 AM

In this situation i just circle in and pick someone out and focus them with the intent to kill them before their team can drop me.

If my chosen one dies i will choose another.... its over quickly one way or the other and iv never heard a complaint.

#38 adamts01

• Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 03 October 2016 - 01:28 AM

View PostIdealsuspect, on 02 October 2016 - 09:20 PM, said:

Sometime i see some people who suicide theirs mechs without overheat or going out of bound but just by going straight to the ennemy early in the match, they have to be reported too, dying by overheating or out of bounds isn't the only way for suicide but they are so easy to report Posted Image
Understand that 99% of people don't need these rules, they're there to keep d-bags in line. If you decide you're done with a match, decide to overheat and die or hide, while still possessing the ability to fight, you're a d-bag and should be reported. If you don't like a level and run straight in to the enemy team without any attempt to get a kill or help your team, you're a d-bag and should be reported. There are some valid reasons to go out of bounds, and many valid reasons to overheat, if there weren't, those mechanics wouldn't be in the game. If you're using a valid tactic, and RNG kills you, you're not a d-bag and shouldn't be reported. As for what PGI meant this rule to mean? It means don't be a d-bag, and fight as long as you posses the ability. If you don't like that interpretation, it's more than likely that you're a d-bag.

#39 MrMadguy

• 2,193 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 01:38 AM

View PostSjorpha, on 03 October 2016 - 01:00 AM, said:

Well there are somewhat contradictory rules when you are a last survivor against several enemies, especially if you have no weapons left.

On the one hand you're not allowed to hide, on the other you're not allowed to do anything suicidal, such as engaging without any chances of winning. What to do?

The problem is in fact, that many people understand term "suicide" wrong. Suicide - is when you don't want to play match on this map and want to boycott it, i.e. do something to quit it as fast, as possible - DC, die due to overheating or simply perform suicidal attack on enemy team. This is suicide.

Losing fight against superior enemy forces - ISN'T SUICIDE!!! It's simply loss. The fact, that you're weaker, than enemies - doesn't give you a right to treat engaging with them as "suicide". When 10 'Mechs attack 12, is it suicide? No! When 4 'Mechs attack 6, is it suicide? No! Then why do you think, that when you're last Light 'Mech left, then attacking 3 enemy 'Mechs - is suicide? It's not! Your team lost this match - not only you. They should blame themselves only for this loss. One 'Mech just can't be required to try to win match against half of enemy team. You have to engage and try to do your best. If you'll die - then that's it. It's all, you can do.

Conclusion. Don't try to invent special rules for yourself. The fact, that you play Light 'Mech and that you're weaker, than rest of enemy team - doesn't mean anything. It doesn't make you any special and allow you to apply some special rules to yourself. When Assault or Heavy 'Mech is last man standing - he tries to engage and do his best. If he dies - nothing special. Nobody would say, that he suicided. Then why do you think, that you are special and deserve some special treatment? When you're last 'Mech standing - you're requiered to engage. What happens next - is just a matter of skill, luck and God-will.

It's game! It's simply game mechanic - 'Mech with overall lesser HP/firepower left is doomed to be more likely to die. There is nothing, players can do about it. They can't be blamed for losing in such situation. When you play Poker and you don't have a good hand and your opponent does - you're doomed to lose. If you refuse to admit your loss - then it's against spirit of sportsmanship. And when player does something against spirit of sportsmaship, such as starting fistfight - usually he is disqualified from playing this game. Same should happen with survival squirrels, who decide, that they're entitled to refuse to admit their loss, when match is obviously lost.

Edited by MrMadguy, 03 October 2016 - 02:05 AM.

#40 Bohxim

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 523 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 01:51 AM

Bah there are times I slap the override on and go guns blazing against all odds. There are times I accidentally trigger insane ghost heat due to firing discipline (staring at you nova). The only reason I choose to slap override on, is that I rather deny the kill and go down fighting. It's all part of warfare and its so satisfying at the same time. Altho admittedly suicide via heat outside of battle is a new thing to me, it's not like you had much chances to turn the battle. Psst altho personally I'd rather have charged in hot and get in a few more cbills while still denying them the kill heh

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users