Centurion Question

BattleMechs Balance

49 replies to this topic

#41 bLeeat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 371 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 04:46 AM

maybe not overall balance but cent balance of course,and in a game with no ttk cent can be hella tanky for a med mech. plus summoner can cheese like cent cant.

but why is cent getting compared to heavies?

Edited by bLeeat, 07 October 2016 - 04:48 AM.

#42 lazytopaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 316 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 07 October 2016 - 04:51 AM

I think the comparision (to Catapult) by Tristan Winter was to state that PGi did make f#ckups in past with size of a mech.
And I think Cent (along with Victor - which has even bigger issues) are another examples of that behaviour.

#43 lazytopaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 316 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 07 October 2016 - 04:57 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 07 October 2016 - 03:43 AM, said:

Your Centurion? What about my Victor?

Look at this sexy beast on the concept art.

Posted Image

And look at this fatty in actual game.

Posted Image

I am willing to bet XL Centurion can survive longer than XL Victor in combat, even when both are fatter than concept art.

I think that post sums up victor case.

bLeeat said:

isnt that what you people like? straight laser boats?

How did you derail your train of thought into this direction?
Laserboating has nothing to do with the topic on board.

#44 bLeeat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 371 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 04:59 AM

View Postlazytopaz, on 07 October 2016 - 04:57 AM, said:

I think that post sums up victor case.

How did you derail your train of thought into this direction?
Laserboating has nothing to do with the topic on board.

this topic was about cent , and u made it about victor and then call me out on the topic of thsi thread? lol?

#45 lazytopaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 316 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 07 October 2016 - 05:03 AM

I didnt made it about victor just quoted something I didnt say to prove my point that PGI has history of doing a great concept...and not sticking to it.

Basic premise apart from topic being about cents was :
That PGI does a Concept... and actual model looks nothing like it (or there are significant differences in key points).

Can you agree with me on that?

Edited by lazytopaz, 07 October 2016 - 05:05 AM.

#46 bLeeat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 371 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 05:04 AM

View Postlazytopaz, on 07 October 2016 - 05:03 AM, said:

I didnt made it about victor just quoted something I didnt say to prove my point that PGI has history of doing a great concept...and not sticking to it basically twisting it in wrong direction and putting out something they should be ashamed of doing in the first place.

this doesnt even have to do with the topic ethier ...

i thought this thread was about centurion mech only ...

Edited by bLeeat, 07 October 2016 - 05:07 AM.

#47 627 in a Centurion

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 05:11 AM

If you don't stop with this balance bullcrap drama this thread will be spiderman'd so just stop it.

The Cent is fine how it is in the game from a balance point of view and yes you can survive longer with an XL than in a victor (no matter what you put in it).

But this is about the look and for that we need the old gun model back, at least for the AC20 - I mean you can't fit anything else with it, so why keep the second hardpoint? I don't care much about the weapon doors, tho because they where always open; maybe it is just that some mechs have really bad missile hardpoints so I'd say don't touch it again, I'd rather take this then let PGI "improve" those again.

Slimmer Cents would be cool, tho but I don't need another SHawk.

#48 mogs01gt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 07 October 2016 - 05:15 AM

The Cent isnt the only mech that the concert art looks way better than the finished product. Its a common issue with PGI. But they have been improving, the Gyr looks awesome!

Edited by mogs01gt, 07 October 2016 - 05:15 AM.

#49 bLeeat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 371 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 05:18 AM

View Post627 in a Centurion, on 07 October 2016 - 05:11 AM, said:

If you don't stop with this balance bullcrap drama this thread will be spiderman'd so just stop it.

The Cent is fine how it is in the game from a balance point of view and yes you can survive longer with an XL than in a victor (no matter what you put in it).

But this is about the look and for that we need the old gun model back, at least for the AC20 - I mean you can't fit anything else with it, so why keep the second hardpoint? I don't care much about the weapon doors, tho because they where always open; maybe it is just that some mechs have really bad missile hardpoints so I'd say don't touch it again, I'd rather take this then let PGI "improve" those again.

Slimmer Cents would be cool, tho but I don't need another SHawk.

cents play way diffrent from shawks tho... but all im saying is u cant make a mech smaller slimmer and not expect it to change anything as if it would just be cosmetic and not need new hitboxes.

Edited by bLeeat, 07 October 2016 - 05:19 AM.

#50 Arihm0

Rookie

• The Howl
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 04:17 PM

this thread is really old but I was looking at the centurion concept and just how much more it not only looks like a better mech, and not any only that, but way closer to the VERY slim original mech from the early battletech days. I was looking for a thinner 3D printed model and stumbled upon this!

I think a fair change for a lot of these early MWO mechs that have seen better days is to make them much thinner but in compensation make maybe the centurion AND the victor a tiny bit taller.

Maybe these mechs with survive ability problems and lack of meta builds could be made into really good brawlers (far from meta!) by blessing them with some new models with better hitboxes, they've done it before to nerf stuff, like the jenner, why can't they buff stuff with it?

Edited by Arihm0, 01 June 2020 - 04:20 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users