Tag Bug On Ecm

4 replies to this topic

#1 HellBudZ

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 06:33 PM

That do a lot a game i am playing a mech in the way to be a counter light mech. For this i play a mad dog with 4 streak-SRM 6 with 4 smal laser and a TAG for be sur to lock on mech wih ECM.

Each time i meet a ECM ennemy, i Tag him but the lock on NEVER Pass. Ok, maybe i must not shoot and lets the tag make the "loading lock on". Fail, no result. Ok... mayby i am not lucky... i will make a test. I put the tag on my right click totaly alone and I search to meet a ECM ennemy, i will just TAG and wait the lock on Or my dead for be sure i make the ultimate test. After that test, i discover my tag dont work. i am still targeting the guy and NEVER the tag give me the lock on the ECM ennemy. I think there is a Bug with the Tag countering the ECM

In waiting of your answer and thx

#2 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 03 January 2017 - 05:28 AM

If i understand correctly there are 3 possible reasons:
1) he is beyond the range of your TAG
2) he is too close so his ecm interferes with your TAG (bring an active probe)
3) he is powered down while you are trying to target him....

My money is on #2, smart ecm lights that see you aren't jamming them with CAP/BAP will get close and jam your targeting. ECM has 2 functions in disrupt mode: cloak and jam. TAG can overcome one (cloak) but not both...

#3 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:14 PM

If you want to nullify point blank ecm (90 meters or less) you need a UAV overhead or an active probe or a friendly ecm set to counter. Tag lasers only work when your outside the target's ECM bubble.

#4 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:25 PM

As other people have already mentioned, TAG punches through ECM, it does not counter it completely. What you are looking for is BAP or CAP, which can cancel a single ECM unit that gets close to your mech.

In your described situation, TAG is more so helpful for LRMs than for SSRMs (on an average). Even then, it's only marginally helpful against ECM even for LRM users, as it cuts through the cloak feature of ECM, but not the increase to missile lock on speeds.

Someone suggested a UAV as a counter to ECM. This I believe will only help you if you are outside the disruption affect of ECM, which you will get hit with if the ECM mech gets close to you (and if it's not being countered). This means you can lock the target, but you wont be able to acquire a missile lock on them. UAVs are helpful to show your teammates where concentrations of enemies might be (even if they are in ECM) as well as allied LRM systems get a lock on enemies under the UAV.

There are other ways to counter ECM, but any Active Probe will do the job for you in the case of a SSRM themed Maddog.

#5 Doctor Dinosaur

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 271 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:59 AM

This might not be the answer you are searching for, but consider using non-streak SRM.
Streaks have high cooldowns and spread their damage immensely. Better take off one leg of a locust than scratching all of its armour.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users