Bj-2 I S Streak Boat!

28 replies to this topic

#1 Kuaron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 01:53 PM

Snuggles had no words for it and called it the mostest uselessest quirk evar (or similar).

Any of you has?
Anyone actually playing the loyalty Blackjack with Streaks?

Just wondering. =)

I am trying...

Edited by Kuaron, 19 October 2016 - 07:53 AM.

#2 3xnihilo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 18 October 2016 - 02:04 PM

I am thinking 4 srm4 2ml...but trolling in a 4 lrm5 BJ might be fun too. It is too bad IS doesn't get bigger streak launchers because the ssrm 2's really are terrible. It is not like aiming is that hard that you would cut your firepower in half or more.

#3 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 02:15 PM

SSRM2s need more range or DPM or both. The problem is easily solvable by adjusting some soft stats..

#4 Hellskeep

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 03:48 PM

I'm using the bj-2 as a lrm 10 boat for support fire. I like it. I'm not a streak fan as they are not as punchy as in the old games. It's a nice freebie mech to play with. Did 3 Terra Therma before getting ready for work. As long as someone help with back stabbers it is a good support. Thinking about srm 6 small pulse setup later

#5 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• 1,187 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 03:57 PM

I dont think I will ever purchase IS streak launchers since they only come in 2-packs...

#6 Davy J0nes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 139 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 04:33 PM

bored of 4srm6s?

try 2ppcs 4srm2s 3-4jumpjets

#7 Ruccus

• The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 18 October 2016 - 04:41 PM

I threw out the SSRM2s the second I opened the loadout screen. Added Endo Steel, swapped in one of my XL engines, replaced the streaks with four LRM5s and the ERLLs with medium lasers, and uncorked a very impressive first match of 5 kills, 6 assists with with 582 damage.

I was lucky though; I was able to stay between 300 and 800m away from most of the enemies and because we dropped on the new Therma I think I was less likely to get nailed by a heavy laser/PPC alpha strike due to people overheating or just using fire control to avoid overheating.

I'm interested to see what a brawling BJ-2 can do, but I think a brawling BJ-2 might have a harder time on the new Therma (and I have a feeling we'll see a lot of that map over the next couple weeks).

#8 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 18 October 2016 - 04:43 PM

View PostAleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky, on 18 October 2016 - 03:57 PM, said:

I dont think I will ever purchase IS streak launchers since they only come in 2-packs...

And also the fact that each missile is known to hit different parts so even with 4 of them, you're lucky when 2 missiles hits the same part. Pure crap really unless they add a 60% cooldown maybe?

#9 Ruccus

• The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 18 October 2016 - 05:05 PM

View PostRhialto, on 18 October 2016 - 04:43 PM, said:

And also the fact that each missile is known to hit different parts so even with 4 of them, you're lucky when 2 missiles hits the same part. Pure crap really unless they add a 60% cooldown maybe?

I suppose if you get in the 50% range you might have to load up a quad SSRM build and see how it works (I'm a Huginn owner and its rocket vomit is pretty satisfying), but because SSRMs are largely anti-light weapons and the BJ-2 can only max out at 90.9kph with tweak, it's just too slow to be a SSRM based light mech hunter.

Realistically though, I think they should just change the quirk to S-SRM2 and SRM2/4/6 cooldown (but keep it at 10%).

Edited by Ruccus, 18 October 2016 - 05:06 PM.

#10 WrathOfDeadguy

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 06:39 PM

4xASRM4. The very first thing I did when I loaded the game this afternoon was sell those SSRM2s. Streak 2s are worse than useless compared to a nice, focused burst of damage. It's a very nice variant, and it has the potential to be a nasty pocket-sized jump brawler even without quirks for weapons that can actually hurt.

#11 Oldbob10025

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 18 October 2016 - 06:56 PM

I tried the Streaks and well its a no go.. I did do 4 LRM/5 with two med lasers and it was a ok build to use. I think I will try two LRM/10 with 2 med pulse lasers with a xl engine..

#12 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 07:23 PM

View PostOldbob10025, on 18 October 2016 - 06:56 PM, said:

I did do 4 LRM/5 with two med lasers and it was a ok build to use.

Currently using this with 2 MP but may go Medium for extra ammo because sometimes I run short.

I think I will try two LRM/10 with 2 med pulse lasers with a xl engine..

Gave it a try but not enough tubes for a single volley and act like a LRM/5 so better use the latter.

#13 Nullmancer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 194 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 12:27 AM

I was doing dual large laser 2 SRM 4's with max jj and engine, was alright. Also did 2 LPL instead of the large lasers, was also alright.

At one point i had 4 SRM 4 2x large laser with only one ton of ammo, max engine, jj and was also also alright.
I whacked together a 3x LRM 10 build with TAG and med laser, then promptly rebuilt it back to a laser/SRM build.

its not that bad a variant honestly, kinda mediocre though with only the two energy hardpoints on either arm. I also wish the quirks had a bit more to them, the other blackjacks all have much more.

#14 xengk

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 19 October 2016 - 12:43 AM

I am experimenting with mix loadout on the BJ-2(L).
2xMPL, 3xSRM4, 1xLRM10

#15 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 19 October 2016 - 04:41 AM

How I run mine:
BJ-2(L)
2LL+2SRM6a

I'll switch back to 4srms once I get the it elited.

#16 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 08:17 AM

For using all four missile slots, would you rather choose ASRM4s or SRM6s?
Or try to actually squeeze in ASRM6 and forget about the energy backup?

Is the result expected to be a worse but jumping Oxide or just worse Griffin?

#17 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 08:26 AM

View PostKuaron, on 19 October 2016 - 08:17 AM, said:

For using all four missile slots, would you rather choose ASRM4s or SRM6s?
Or try to actually squeeze in ASRM6 and forget about the energy backup?

I like to focus fire on a single part so I would go SRM4-A with lasers but I haven't tested as a brawler as I'm not sure it's good enough at that task so for now I use LRM5-A with lasers.

#18 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 08:54 AM

I don't like LRMs in terms of gamestyle and feeling.
Yesterday I actually was testing the streaks, just for fun, combined with two LPL. Had some OK matches, it's 2 LPLs after all, but the streaks couldn't even make a raven fear me. This was disappointing.

And for being a close-mid-range support weapon, IS streaks clearly need more range, if nothing else.

About SRMs my guess would clearly go to ASRM4s, too, I'm just asking for a second opinion.
SRM6s work an really fast stuff, like a Raven 3L, who can go as close at it needs. And even there I'm not sure if the additional effective range of ASRM4s wouldn't lead to better results.

#19 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 19 October 2016 - 09:22 AM

I somehow managed to fit a max sized STD engine into this thing..... LET THE HILARITY BEGIN.

#20 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 06:24 PM

OK, after an evening of testing I have to say:
No ASRM4s. Only ASRM6s. One can add small lasers in the slots for not wasting them, but 4s just didn't work, and 6s do.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users