New Map = Sniper/camp Fest

Map

6 replies to this topic

#1 Rhent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 02:02 PM

The new map has long avenues for fire with limited protective coverage. Essentially, the new map is a poptart sniper map. Getting within brawling range is exceedingly difficult due to the idiotic idea to make the low lying paths be filled with lava increasing your heat as you try to get in range of the sniper to kill.

Bad map design is all in all, bad map design, and this is an example of what NOT to do in the future. I get that you guys are now stuck with this mess. I wish you the best in weathering it out.

#2 AfterBurn914

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 51 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 05:14 PM

This is such a terrible map design. I am a little surprised they would think this is anything even remotely fun to try to play on.

Seriously how many beers did you guys drink before deciding to implement this hot mess. And to have this as an objective in the new event means it is going to be chosen a ton...fail on so many levels.

#3 Arkama

• PipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 10:26 PM

Yup, try playing a Locust... The lava damages legs.
Need I say more?
There is the annoying warning alarm that blares nonstop.
There's the heat which turns combat into a sluggish chore.
The dark map with the bright glowing lava makes it painful to try and look at the screen to long.
Not sure what they wanted out of this map but there's a reason no one played the old version.

#4 Valistan

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 47 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 11:22 PM

I thought that the old Terma can not be made worse. Unfortunately I was wrong.

#5 Samillian

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 04:50 AM

Honestly as much as I hate to say this because of the amount of work you guys put into it I far prefer the old map, any game on the new map seems to be over pretty quick win or lose because you either seem to slaughter or be slaughtered in moments without any opportunity for interesting fights.

Addendum: Finally got to play Conquest on this map and its probably the best mode for it, got quite interesting.

Edited by Samillian, 19 October 2016 - 05:25 AM.

#6 Seddrik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 247 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 02:51 PM

The old map was ok. You could approach multiple ways, flank, maneuver...

This one... one approach.

Manily an open approach no matter where you go. Snipe fest.

Flanking is long and when you get there you are just as exposed and open as the side you started on...

What few areas you can take for cover, are so filled with heat vents... you can't stay there.

Please bring back the old map... it was better. This map is not enjoyable. Much like Frozen City, this was a change for the worse.

Edited by Seddrik, 19 October 2016 - 03:15 PM.

#7 ShaneoftheDead

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 20 October 2016 - 02:54 PM

There are a couple high sniper perches that will give everyone fits once the Shadow Cat's find them. Once up there, you actually stand low in the rock...I'd say up to your waist... with great vision of almost the whole map through those firing lanes. And you can hide up there too. Have not seen them up there yet in match, but I have been up there myself in practice.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users