#21 Zimm Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 232 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 01 November 2016 - 06:49 AM

I'm very much a medium pilot and I've been all Huntsman, all the time for the entire event. I've been having a very different experience to most of those described here, I don't feel preyed upon very much at all, I've really enjoyed the whole event!

That said, haven't seen too many of my fellows on either team so I'm still one off the last challenge...

But from my pov, the whole things been great.

#22 PFC Carsten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 02 November 2016 - 06:35 AM

View PostTsar Bomba, on 20 October 2016 - 08:22 PM, said:

That's why they call it a challenge.
Posted Image

[Redacted], they interpret the word challenge as some free prizes for all. Talking about participation awards. So even the gravity friendly kid, who always gets picked last at sports contests, gets home to mommy with a shiny trophy.

Edited by John Wolf, 05 December 2016 - 04:28 PM.
Try not to target people, locations, etc. Your opinion is fair, but no need to target a geographical collection of people with a slang term.

#23 Smokeyjedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 November 2016 - 10:58 AM

LOL they know its broken before release. This just lets them find out just how much............Havent you noticed the fact that real cash mechs only are far superior in a lot of ways......open red CT damage, ghost armor, bad hit registry/panel placement proportions etc. is always hugely noticeable untill the hot patch// lmao they sell because they are OP. everytime

#24 BodakOfSseth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leftenant General
  • Leftenant General
  • 265 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA

Posted 03 November 2016 - 09:33 AM

Nah, I'm all for it. I can't wait for my Bushwacker to show up, shiny and chrome so I can get bushwacked while bushwacking bushwacking Bushwackers in my Bushwacker.

:D

#25 Syn Pryde

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 08:17 AM

for a completely other reason: no bounty on new mechs please.
people start to completely ignore the game mode goal to run off after the kill, we lost matches that where a secure win when they started seeing a huntsman and all heavies and assaults run after him.
its totally ridiculous and takes the fun out of it, because people play like drunk, stoned and on acid. at the same time.

#26 Quandoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 220 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:52 AM

It's fun for me. Having a 82mph assault is awesome.
I backstabbed yesterday, all lights turned and thought they are going to fight other lights.. :D

Never had 4 kills in row with 4-5 shots Posted Image

Edited by Quandoo, 18 December 2016 - 01:52 AM.

#27 Lolo van Trollinger

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 167 posts
  • LocationTrollhejmr

Posted 05 January 2017 - 03:13 PM

*sarcasm warning on*

i`ld say if you put a bounty be fair enough to allow a TK - i have seen him first :-P

*sarcasm warning off*

yes, that kinda stuff happened.

Edited by Lolo van Trollinger, 05 January 2017 - 03:14 PM.

#28 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 05 January 2017 - 10:00 PM

A. Thread Necomancy at work. And a fine job at it as well...

View PostSmokeyjedi, on 02 November 2016 - 10:58 AM, said:

LOL they know its broken before release. This just lets them find out just how much............Havent you noticed the fact that real cash mechs only are far superior in a lot of ways......open red CT damage, ghost armor, bad hit registry/panel placement proportions etc. is always hugely noticeable untill the hot patch// lmao they sell because they are OP. everytime

B. Upon the release of the Linebacker (and to some extent the Huntsmen), I actually was finding the CT seemed a little large, and it wasn't so nice for the Linebacker. It was dropping the mech quickly in matches. Then, after a "hot fix" that said nothing about the Linebacker, suddenly it seemed to lose it's huge CT and started to spread damage reasonably. So, no. Neither of my mechs seemed to take any extra damage.

C. Though I didn't exactly like learning the mech as "target #1", I did have a day or two to work on my mechs before that happened. On each event (I don't normally buy packages, but the Huntsmen and Linbackers looked good to me and "nostalgia"), I actually had fun. It didn't seem grossly unfair from my side. I actually, even after I had finished the event, continued to run those mechs just so other people could get my kills (but I didn't just "give" them away, they still had to very much earn it). Overall, I will say I loved the Huntsman event. Linebacker event was... Alright. Wasn't as much fun for me...

D. I can actually understand why it might be a good thing to have new mechs as target #1, and the events always seem good to me. It helps test the new mech, and lets PGI collect data very quickly on the mech's performance. This means that, if a problem is found, it can be found faster and corrected in a hot fix just as fast. This could be adjustments to hit boxes (such as like the Jaggermech's "all head") or even quirks if they are found to be too strong or weak.

So far, I've been very happy with my new mechs. I'm often still seen in my Huntsmen, and they are my all time favorite mech in the game now. (Sorry Crabs! I still love you guys... HONEST!)

#29 Jep Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 553 posts
  • LocationWest Chicago, IL

Posted 06 January 2017 - 12:29 AM

Just to be fair, if PGI did not sick everyone else on the new mechs, then they would deny themselves the pleasure of watching us squirm as we curse being in our new mechs, knowing that it makes us target #1.

#30 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:50 AM

I like it, for a short time during a launch ther eis a cool event which does change the usual and broing way people play just becaue you bring the new mech.

It's just people with stats epeen stroking qqing about "oh noez my now not fully leveled mech is more priority target now".
Just abuse this greed of your hunters for your team.

#31 MarineTechs Protege

• PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 02:16 AM

View PostAfterBurn914, on 19 October 2016 - 03:01 PM, said:

Seriously, you incentivize the player base to hunt the new mechs. This has to be the dumbest thing you can do. Talk about making people not want to play those mechs. Seriously and then you put a huge amount of bonus money from the event for doing it many times. [redacted]

*puts bounty on Bushwacker*

Oh whoops I'm sorry. I wouldn't really advocate shooting the new mechs if weren't for 2 reasons:
1. I am accumulating a kill list of every mech I have killed in game
2. I am ******* tired of seeing 4 the same mech on every team the minute the new ****** thing comes out

View PostThe Unstoppable Puggernaut, on 01 November 2016 - 05:42 AM, said:

I think this does need to stop. Mechs trying to level up, getting pasted by 12 potentially levelled players would be nasty. I don't have a first hand account but if I did, I'd be raging.

Life ain't fair. Don't expect this game to be any different.

#32 Thor Sten

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • 134 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 01:38 PM

The new mechs get preyed upon anyways: We want to test their strength and weaknesses, and we know the pilots are still in training Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users