Terra Therma Classic, When?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 10:59 AM

Seriously, when will we get Terra Therma classic back?

just make sure if can't show up with skirmish so there is always an alternate way to win when that last player on the red team decides to run around and hide.

on that note, you should just remove all game modes except assault, domination, and conquest.

I'm just imaging that domination circle being in the volcano and require you to be ON the cat walks to be in the cap zone.

Edited by Bigbacon, 15 December 2020 - 11:00 AM.

#2 Carmenblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • 839 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationTerra Firma

Posted 15 December 2020 - 01:50 PM

I am for the return of Terra Therma Classic, but only with the old ambient temperature on it. Also I'd love to see River City Classic (night and day).

#3 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 04:41 PM

I'd also take Terra Therma Classic with a winter theme as well.

#4 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 19 December 2020 - 01:51 AM

Never, it was a garbage map, and they know it. Which is why it was not brought back.

Everyone naturally gravitates towards the central caldera, but it has narrow entrances, not enough cover inside, and huge distances to travel between entrances. Which meant you have VERY limited tactical options playing the map.

What it excelled at was preventing NASCARs, because you couldn't do it at all. But what happens in reality is whichever team got in first and set up their firing line wins the game.

The team that arrives late either has to commit to a push, which rarely ever happens. More often than not, half the team pushes and dies, the other half is scared and is hiding in some corner. OR you sit outside long enough and hope the enemy team gets impatient and charges out, reversing the situation and dying to your firing line.

Edited by ImperialKnight, 19 December 2020 - 02:40 AM.

#5 TheStranger

• PipPipPip
  • Deadset Legend
  • Deadset Legend
  • 69 posts

Posted 22 September 2022 - 02:17 PM

The new map called Terra Therma Classis is anything but classic. Good map though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users