Unbelievable Lack Of Participation

6 replies to this topic

#1 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 20 October 2016 - 07:58 PM

I am absolutely astounded at the people on the Steiner Teamspeak Hub right now.

25 people are on for some sort of MRBC [redacted], and we can't scrape together 12 people to put up an attack on the Jade Falcons at Tetersen.
[redacted]. Steiner as a whole ought to be ashamed.

Edited by Catalina Steiner, 28 October 2016 - 09:54 AM.

#2 Gattling Fenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 589 posts
  • LocationOverheating in front of a Timberwolf

Posted 21 October 2016 - 09:02 PM

House Steiner is effectively dead at the moment.

All of the best clan units went Jade Falcon and simply overran the Steiner units months ago. Most people don't bother to form up anymore because it generally means getting dropped against some elite clanner unit.

The biggest unit; SRoT is much less active than they used to be and aside from them their were precious few well populated Steiner units.

Seriously though, look at the CW map. That and sitting in those 10-20 minute queues only to end up with a bunch of pugs and get stomped by some elite Jade Falcon unit is a spectacularly miserable experience.

Edited by Gattling Fenn, 21 October 2016 - 09:05 PM.

#3 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 09:49 AM

I am perfectly aware of the situation. Until they went mercenary / clan, I dropped with some really good guys nightly for 5 months. It's been pretty barren since then, though (late August).

In any case, I stand by my statement. I find it shameful to not even try, especially when you've got 25 experienced players online and already in Teamspeak. Both the World Championships and this MRBC [redacted].

Edited by Catalina Steiner, 28 October 2016 - 09:54 AM.

#4 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 22 October 2016 - 10:03 AM

View PostKhalcruth, on 22 October 2016 - 09:49 AM, said:

I am perfectly aware of the situation. Until they went mercenary / clan, I dropped with some really good guys nightly for 5 months. It's been pretty barren since then, though (late August).

In any case, I stand by my statement. I find it shameful to not even try, especially when you've got 25 experienced players online and already in Teamspeak. Both the World Championships and this MRBC idiocy are a cancer.

Sorry if I speak out of turn as I am just a merc but MRBC existed long before FP, and while I've preferred FP to MRBC, it is main reason some people still log in to this game...

#5 Wild Hog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 145 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 27 October 2016 - 11:59 AM

You guys really don't get it? Planets are just dots on a map that have no value because there is no real value to loyalty. If traveling merc groups can completely sway the population numbers of any given faction, immediately outnumbering by wide margins those they will oppose, remaining loyalists see no point and have moved on to other things.

Many were involved in the WC, and MRBC has recently increased in popularity. I'm assisting with the creation and implementation of a planetary capture league (stock?). We're moving forward trying to create and use fun stuff in this vacuum.

House Steiner isn't dead, not by any stretch. We're just using the game for other things. If PGI ever comes to understanding faction population balance is the real problem, and does something about it, I'm sure interest in FW will return.

#6 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 09:50 AM

View PostWild Hog, on 27 October 2016 - 11:59 AM, said:

You guys really don't get it?

No, I really really don't. If you aren't going to fight for the Lyran Commonwealth, why are you even on the Steiner Teamspeak in the first place? Go somewhere else, so at least you don't falsely inflate the numbers.

House Steiner isn't dead,

If no one's showing up to fight, it most certainly is. I am frankly disgusted by the 95% of the population that won't even bother to even try to take back our planets. What is wrong with you people.

#7 Catalina Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 2,119 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNagelring Academy

Posted 28 October 2016 - 09:56 AM

[mod]I'm closing this thread. Everything is already said by Wild Hog and we don't need unconstructive discussions with plenty of insults here.[/mod]

Edited by Catalina Steiner, 28 October 2016 - 09:57 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users