Colours For Challenge Rewards Please?

8 replies to this topic

#1 norokelt

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 08:30 AM

In a lot of events we can come across MC rewards, Consumables, C-Bills, Warhorns, standing items, etc. etc...

...but I have rarely seen a Color rewards, or a one-shot pattern, or even an unlockable pattern, and decals too.

I don't say put color rewards into every event, but 1 out of 4+ events would be an acceptable ratio I guess.

First I thought:
ofc. they are rarely given as rewards, since they cost otherwise 500-1000MC... but then I realized:
hell wait... the warhorns and some other cockpit items cost at least the same!

So I dunno, if this is an intented move to not include the colors/patterns/decals as rewards or it just did not come onto your minds maybe.

Also... SALES on colours/patterns/decals would be nice to see often.

Oh... and ... I also have not seen any of those in the supply caches. C'MON please! Why not? :F

Edited by norokelt, 21 October 2016 - 09:32 AM.

#2 Virlutris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 21 October 2016 - 09:20 AM

Colors are totally doable. I wouldn't mind seeing a few more if those in events.

They may not be a good fit in supply caches, because once you've unlocked it, you don't benefit from duplicate unlocks in any way. Multiple modules, weapons, mechs, mechbays, sure. You can sell them or fill them. Multiple Titanium Whites? Sadly, not so much. :(

Pattern unlocks are trickier, because they're chassis-specific. Each one is specifically crafted for each chassis. It's why you see them in chassis-specific events, like for this week's Huntsman challenge. That way they're sure you've got the chassis for which you're unlocking the pattern.

My guess is that they don't want to do the website coding required for you to select which chassis to which you'll apply your newfound Dazzle or Buccaneer pattern unlock. The system was a bit awkward for selecting stuff when we got faction patterns in the Invasion and Resistance Packs. For 70+ chassis and counting, that same selection system would be even more awkward.

I'd love to have the pattern unlocks, don't get me wrong. It may be a bit too unwieldy to manage, sadly.

#3 norokelt

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 09:35 AM

View PostVirlutris, on 21 October 2016 - 09:20 AM, said:

Colors are totally doable. I wouldn't mind seeing a few more if those in events.

They may not be a good fit in supply caches, because once you've unlocked it, you don't benefit from duplicate unlocks in any way. Multiple modules, weapons, mechs, mechbays, sure. You can sell them or fill them. Multiple Titanium Whites? Sadly, not so much. Posted Image

Pattern unlocks are trickier, because they're chassis-specific. Each one is specifically crafted for each chassis. It's why you see them in chassis-specific events, like for this week's Huntsman challenge. That way they're sure you've got the chassis for which you're unlocking the pattern.

My guess is that they don't want to do the website coding required for you to select which chassis to which you'll apply your newfound Dazzle or Buccaneer pattern unlock. The system was a bit awkward for selecting stuff when we got faction patterns in the Invasion and Resistance Packs. For 70+ chassis and counting, that same selection system would be even more awkward.

I'd love to have the pattern unlocks, don't get me wrong. It may be a bit too unwieldy to manage, sadly.

Good points, agreed.
maybe a sell color would be a solution.

#4 Virlutris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 21 October 2016 - 09:43 AM

View Postnorokelt, on 21 October 2016 - 09:35 AM, said:

Good points, agreed.
maybe a sell color would be a solution.

I still like the color unlocks for events, whether I've got them or not. I think it's good for players who haven't got a bunch of MC at the moment, or who are new and don't know what fun they're missing yet. ;)

Color/pattern sales would certainly be nice to see again. Seems like it's been a little while since the last ones.

#5 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 26 October 2016 - 08:32 AM

I can see them doing more of this. I've already gotten at least 10 colors from events. Some more decals would be nice too.

#6 AfterBurn914

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 51 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 05:53 PM

Bump to support this idea.

#7 Cyrilis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 760 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Urbie pilots

Posted 26 October 2016 - 11:24 PM

basically a good idea, but...

if you already have the respective colour your win or event reward would actually turn into a blank. That for basically every player would be unaceptable.

on the other hand cockpit items can just be hoarded and even if you have it already, you have something more afterwards.

Edited by Cyrilis, 26 October 2016 - 11:25 PM.

#8 Alphaeus

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 03:55 PM

Yeah, but I have enough cockpit crap that I already don't want. I'd actually like a way to liquidate it for C-Bills. I'm not into the whole cat thing in my cockpit, but I have two of the #+_- things I now have to work around in my cockpit equipment lists. Could MWO just put a different color or decal in the supply caches each month? That'd be a lot better than the steins, hula girls, and cats. If we have to keep earning cockpit crap through supply caches, could we at least get warhorns? Those can be heard by other players, at least.

#9 Dex Spero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 198 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 November 2016 - 11:41 AM

For those who know more about programming than me (everybody), would it be hard to create a "free colour" coupon or gift certificate type item for the supply caches? It would have a specific MC value. You'd win it and then apply it to your next colour purchase...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users