Warhammer for IS.

#42 Strattus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 106 posts
  • LocationKazakhstan

Posted 30 October 2016 - 06:50 PM

Nova-S.... a bit under powered, but well balanced for mix of sniping, and close range finishing. Not normally a fan of jump jets, but the versatility makes for some fun matches! Plus, not a bad one to learn to evade fire (is a bit weak on the armor and exposed legs). I run a pair of ERLarge Lasers, with ER Mediums and MGs to round out the short range punch. Plus, the MGs are great for finishing exposed internals (good for those pesky light's!)

#43 Penrose Willoughby

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 12:03 PM

Wow really, nobody has actually gone and said it?

OK then, I'll be the guy.

Kodiak 3!
I like to run it very similar to the metamech setup. 2UAC5, 2UAC10, 3 heatsinks in the XL400 engine, lots and lots of ammo.
LMB is left side, RMB is right side, group 3 is all guns. I mostly press the group 3 button.

Full damage at 500m, but good luck hitting anything moving at any speed at that range. Still, if you notice someone standing still, even out to like 700m, just open up on them until they die or move.

Close up just keep pressing the shoot everything button and try to keep aimed at their ct.

I suppose if it was my only mech I might run some kind of dual gauss w/ erlls setup when I got bored of dakka.

#44 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 31 October 2016 - 12:42 PM

View PostPenrose Willoughby, on 31 October 2016 - 12:03 PM, said:

Wow really, nobody has actually gone and said it?

OK then, I'll be the guy.

Kodiak 3!

I would be the last person to deny the KDK3 is a great mech. Right now it is the best mech in game, no question or doubt about it.
It is also a bit boring to play IMO.

#45 Horse Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA

Posted 01 November 2016 - 05:52 AM

View PostBoogie138, on 31 October 2016 - 12:42 PM, said:

I would be the last person to deny the KDK3 is a great mech. Right now it is the best mech in game, no question or doubt about it.
It is also a bit boring to play IMO.

I do decent in my KDK3 but like you said I find it a touch boring. I even like my WidowMaker 4 AC5 build a lot more.

#46 jper4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 07:55 AM

urbie- cause no one expects anything from it so you have 0 pressure from anyone expecting you to do anything (well ok some might say you should get another mech...) so if they see you had a bad game- "well of course you had a bad game you're in an urbie", if they see you have a good game it's "dammit I did worse than an urbie". bonus points if you outperform something in the assault lance. so there's no such thing as underperforming in one, thus a relaxing stress-free match for you.

plus the despair when you kill someone in your urbie gives your std 60 engine the feel of a std 70! (disclaimer: I don't use the std 60). got a killshot on a Kodiak the other day, he immediately disconnected.

bonus plus- urbie. Posted Image

#47 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 01 November 2016 - 09:02 AM

For me its the Battlemaster, speed of a heavy, more armor than any of them, rugged structure, high hardpoints...even a dakka version is possible (fork of dooom Posted Image )

#48 invernomuto

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 01 November 2016 - 09:46 AM

Marauders, I love them and I would like some more variants to buy...

#49 JigglyMoobs

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 12:10 AM

Tbr. Gauss erppc, with radar deep and seismic, 25 Gauss rounds, and a whole lot of awesome. I actually like the prime version for pug because the build runs a little cooler than the S version. For comp I can see how S would be better.

#50 762 NATO

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 312 posts
  • LocationUnder the desk of the Magestrix of Canopus

Posted 05 November 2016 - 12:55 AM

Warhammer 6R(S). Period. Hands down. Dual guass. 16 headshots and counting. CBill bonus and so far my most used mech. (Oxide is second, but not much use since rescale).

If it was only for the funs of it, Centurion 9D with LB10, 2Mlas, 2SRM4, xl300. Great felling when you outbrawl anything heavier than you. Put down a fresh Atlas once :)

Cheers!

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users