Ebon Keshiks Tournament Supporter Pack/decal Elim. Protest

53 replies to this topic

#1 zaku2142

• PipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 02:43 PM

Ebon Keshik protests the elimination of the team emblems and cockpit items with our team's likeness

View PostScout Derek, on 27 October 2016 - 11:59 AM, said:

http://mwomercs.com/...supporter-packs

Spoiler

View PostRampage, on 27 October 2016 - 12:50 PM, said:

This will have the side effect of eliminating any chance we may have had for having custome decals, designed outside of PGI, in the game. So, for those that had hoped to have their own units decals in the game to adorn their Mechs.....so sorry.

This... Many of us from our Top5 Regional Qualifier Team that made it far through hard work/training/insane schedule management shuffling but got eliminated, do not support this decision by PGI. Only to have THIS RIGHT HERE be taken from us as we were totally hyped and surprised we would get our decale we had submitted for use in the tournament due to some groups crying about others not liking others having dangling items. SO, now, we dont get to show our pride on our mechs in the form of either limited Top5 Regional Qualifier team decale and purchasable interior items! We are more than upset about this, furious is more like it! http://imgur.com/NlvnbN8

Will modify if needed as posted from phone on short notice >:/

Edited by zaku2142, 27 October 2016 - 03:08 PM.

#2 Unendingmenace

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Participant
  • WC 2017 Participant
  • 110 posts
  • LocationDropship Dire Wolf

Posted 27 October 2016 - 03:35 PM

Thanks guys.

I don't normally like to complain about trivial things but this has me more than frustrated. We (along side every other Tournament team for that matter) at Ebon Keshik worked very hard to get where we ended up placing in the Tournament. As a nice surprise by PGI announcing that we'll be getting our own EK decal in-game was a phenomenal pat on the back for us and I know personally it made my day.

When I say thanks guys, what I mean is thank you to the WHINGERS that complained about PGI using/"selling"/whatever their logo's. I mean come on, how selfish can you be? As far as I'm concerned once we gave them the emblem they can do whatever they want with it. The people in the tournament teams got all the in-game stuff for free so what are you complaining about? Them selling a couple of hanging items and making a couple of dollars/more proceeds towards the finals pot? PRO TIP: This game needs all the funding it can get. Honestly though, this shouldn't be about the money. It was a nice gesture by PGI gratifying all the hard work that all of the teams have put into the Tournament, why do you have to make an issue about it?

So as per usual, thank YOU to the whiners for ruining it for the rest of us. o7 to all of our fellow Tournament teams, I look forward to watching the finals and competing against many of you in the new MRBC season.

Edited by Unendingmenace, 27 October 2016 - 03:37 PM.

#3 WolfSpine Vickers

• PipPip
  • The Decimator
  • The Decimator
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 03:36 PM

I concur .... Whingers caused this because they submitted a decal that was illegal (due to copy right infringement) and didn't want to get in trouble.

To me if other players in game wanted to use our decal it wouldn't be a problem

Edited by WolfSpine Vickers, 27 October 2016 - 07:11 PM.

#4 Mryyden

• Pip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 04:00 PM

Sigh.... At this point i will not give any more attention to the "Said" creator of this sh%t storm that has resulted in lots of work/time being wasted. Know that you have accomplished nothing. Like most losers you are testing a system after you have not placed in competition and crying. Hang your head in shame, and we will not forget the VICTORS for you have ultimately pushed the idea of in-game decals light-speeds ahead in PGI's eyes and we will prevail.

Shame, Shame, Shame, Shame, Shame

Edited by Mryyden Osis, 27 October 2016 - 04:03 PM.

#5 RG Wolf Vickers

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 9
  • Mercenary Rank 9
  • 66 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 04:26 PM

Hopefully PGI allows a simple consent form to be submitted by each team.

#6 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 27 October 2016 - 08:35 PM

View PostRG Wolf Vickers, on 27 October 2016 - 04:26 PM, said:

Yes - Its not that hard, should have been done at the start then there would have been no drama

#7 G SE7EN7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 579 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGaledon District

Posted 27 October 2016 - 10:39 PM

Decision to remove decals is horseshit!

View PostRG Wolf Vickers, on 27 October 2016 - 04:26 PM, said:

The consent was submitting team logos in the first place. PGI said they were introducing the designs as decals. Who the F*** are the cry babies anyway?

#8 Terrorsdawn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 197 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 12:19 AM

Way beyond bad game management.

PGI is once again showing us how much they don't care about the players. By deciding to silence the noise makers that raised concerns over rights and usages they have punished, upset and alienated the rest of us.

The way things have been managed and ran from the start of this tournament has been poorly done. The people and teams participating in this tournament have put up with a lot of B... S... but this takes the cake. Sure it's only 15 teams totaling 180 players why not just take the easy way out and scrap it all. Lets just wipe it away and pretend it never happened like so many other things PGI has done in the past.

Grow a pair. Find a solution that will allow you to for once honor what you said you would do PGI.

#9 sLAyeRiNLovE3

• PipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 12:32 AM

I support the protest against the cancelation of the team decals!

We are waiting to either individually or on a team base buy those and proudly wear them on the battlefield.
They should be available at least to the team members of said team, or individuals selected by team leaders, or something!
Find a solution instead of pushing it under the rug.

I'm curious to know who the party poopers are as well...

#10 zaku2142

• PipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 02:50 AM

Remember to keep on-topic and constructive, so moderators do not have an excuse to lock/close this thread in which can show many teams and future hopefuls of team decals can share their upset with the current decision by PGI.

As to the question of who, i believe the rumor is of someone who, on reddit, brought up people not consenting to giving their logo to PGI to sell to people etc etc and brought up lawyers. I cannot name names due to forum policy, but i bet with this info you can find out. Last, this information HAS NOT BEEN CONFIRMED as the REASON for PGIs decision.

Edited by zaku2142, 28 October 2016 - 03:02 AM.

#11 Zibmo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 488 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 05:58 AM

View PostUnendingmenace, on 27 October 2016 - 03:35 PM, said:

Thanks guys.

I don't normally like to complain about trivial things but this has me more than frustrated. We (along side every other Tournament team for that matter) at Ebon Keshik worked very hard to get where we ended up placing in the Tournament. As a nice surprise by PGI announcing that we'll be getting our own EK decal in-game was a phenomenal pat on the back for us and I know personally it made my day.

When I say thanks guys, what I mean is thank you to the WHINGERS that complained about PGI using/"selling"/whatever their logo's. I mean come on, how selfish can you be? As far as I'm concerned once we gave them the emblem they can do whatever they want with it. The people in the tournament teams got all the in-game stuff for free so what are you complaining about? Them selling a couple of hanging items and making a couple of dollars/more proceeds towards the finals pot? PRO TIP: This game needs all the funding it can get. Honestly though, this shouldn't be about the money. It was a nice gesture by PGI gratifying all the hard work that all of the teams have put into the Tournament, why do you have to make an issue about it?

So as per usual, thank YOU to the whiners for ruining it for the rest of us. o7 to all of our fellow Tournament teams, I look forward to watching the finals and competing against many of you in the new MRBC season.

The whiners WERE some of your competitors. Take it out of their hides.

#12 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 28 October 2016 - 07:02 AM

View PostG SE7EN7, on 27 October 2016 - 10:39 PM, said:

Decision to remove decals is horseshit!

The consent was submitting team logos in the first place. PGI said they were introducing the designs as decals. Who the F*** are the cry babies anyway?

To be fair and keeping the facts, the email never said it was for a decals

Edited by live1991, 28 October 2016 - 07:07 AM.

#13 Bjorn Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 212 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 09:41 AM

View PostZibmo, on 28 October 2016 - 05:58 AM, said:

Are you referring to members inside the Ebon Keshik?

#14 Uncleclint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 200 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 28 October 2016 - 10:02 AM

It´s a sad day for us - very very sad. Was nice to have em though... for the week that we had em...

Cheers to the guys that caused this trouble, good job

#15 Agent1190

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 469 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 28 October 2016 - 11:10 AM

I know the guys from our team were EXTREMELY proud to wear the EK decal THEY created. It was awesome to see it in game. It was awesome that our team made it far enough to get this honor. It was a huge disappointment to me and several other EK that we would not have access to that decal. Still, in the end, I would rather have the decal in game on our team's Mechs than not at all.

#16 Skoll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 994 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 11:50 AM

lol buncha mads in here

#17 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 28 October 2016 - 02:54 PM

Storm Jaguar feels much the same. We wants our dekkles.

If you guys haven't already, add in VVonka's thread on Outreach or contact him here. He's trying to organize the team leaders to talk to PGI civilly about getting the decals back in game, at least for the 15 teams.

#18 Unendingmenace

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Participant
  • WC 2017 Participant
  • 110 posts
  • LocationDropship Dire Wolf

Posted 28 October 2016 - 04:37 PM

View PostZibmo, on 28 October 2016 - 05:58 AM, said:

Yeah Zibmo, I'm well aware of who they are. No point "naming and shaming" or any of that other BS as it won't get us anywhere.

View PostBjorn Bekker, on 28 October 2016 - 09:41 AM, said:

Are you referring to members inside the Ebon Keshik?

No Bjorn, no one from EK.

#19 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 28 October 2016 - 04:51 PM

PGI you can not give something to a team then take it away, i have not seen this much hate/anrgey towards PGI since the 3PV stuff.

If you need to remove the decals due to legal reason come out and say it, do not post the the update in a place where feedback can not be given.

If you just want to punish the player base for a team bring up a valid question, think about the how this is going to be viewed by your player base, EG the peple that buy mechpacks.

You have tried to do something nice for the teams, But due to being this first time you stuffed up and just assumed all teams wanted to have there image sold in game. Instead of responding to the problem by contacting the teams saying sorry this is the first time we have done this, if you do not want your image to be sold let me know and i will remove it.
You remove all the images from the game and then hide all posts behind areas that can not give feedback.

Mods, i believe this feedback is inline with the TOS, if you believe anything needs to be changed please PM me

Edited by live1991, 28 October 2016 - 05:58 PM.

#20 Zoose

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 05:53 PM

PGI you are a bunch of potatoes!

Can you please pay us for the hours wasted organising these team emblems at short notice kthxbi!

Edited by Zoose, 28 October 2016 - 05:55 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users