127 replies to this topic

#1 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 28 October 2016 - 04:44 AM

My unit just started to play regularly the Stock Mode and I must say: it's a whole new game.
Stock mode with no quirks or modules feels just like pure Battletech - if you are a TT fan, you must try it.

We found 2 ways to balance the teams:
  • By tech/era: IS 3025, IS 3050 or Clan.
  • By battle value (you can mix any type of canonical mech in the team).
To help you guys in your stock experience, here is a sheet that will help balancing teams using any of the two methods above.

MWO Stock Match Companion/Calculator (you will need to download it to make use of the features - file is ~6 MB) EDIT: version 7 uploaded (all mechs included, links for the stock loadouts, reduced file size and old Excel compatibility)

How the Battle Value "calculator" works?
1- just put the number of stock mechs in the "Mech" sheet.
2- and check the sum of BV in the "Team Stats" sheet.

To do: calculate the battle value for the PGI's custom variants.
Spoiler
JOIN US!

(Mondays and Thursdays, Team Speak: ts1.housesteiner.com (no password), 8 PM EST, 3025 IS mechs)

PS: anyone running a Stock match or Stock event feel free to announce it here.

Edited by Odanan, 18 January 2017 - 04:35 AM.
v7 "final"

#2 SURUBAMAN

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 05:49 AM

I can attest to this being a whole new game. Odanan is doing an INCREDIBLE job at crunching the data. If you guys are sick of the same old meta game, try this method instead INEX wwould be glad to try some friendly skirmishes with other units

#3 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 28 October 2016 - 06:07 AM

Makes me want a Stock mode pub queue Posted Image

Edited by CapperDeluxe, 28 October 2016 - 06:11 AM.

#4 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 28 October 2016 - 06:48 AM

Keep forgetting to join in on Stock Mech days.

#5 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 28 October 2016 - 05:14 PM

Version 4 uploaded. All light and medium mechs included.

#6 KT4

• Pip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 04:21 AM

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 28 October 2016 - 06:07 AM, said:

Makes me want a Stock mode pub queue Posted Image

Oh man, I would be more willing to buy mech packs and play more if there was an option for stock only matches that paid C-Bills

Also, where should I post to, or who should I email about getting laser burn times reduced? Man Clan ER-Laser's are super nerfed with their long 1+ second burn times.

#7 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 29 October 2016 - 05:38 AM

View PostKT4, on 29 October 2016 - 04:21 AM, said:

Oh man, I would be more willing to buy mech packs and play more if there was an option for stock only matches that paid C-Bills

That would be a blast, indeed.

View PostKT4, on 29 October 2016 - 04:21 AM, said:

Also, where should I post to, or who should I email about getting laser burn times reduced? Man Clan ER-Laser's are super nerfed with their long 1+ second burn times.

I don't know, but if you find out, can you add in the email a request for PGI to add engine critical hits? (they would really balance better the Clan XL engines, allowing Clan weapons to be slightly unerferd)

#8 Want0n

• PipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 46 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 02:18 AM

What times do you play stock matches? I'm mostly 9pm to 11pm UTC and would very much like to try the mode out.

#9 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 31 October 2016 - 02:28 AM

Version 5 uploaded, including all heavy mechs. Only the assaults left.

#10 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 31 October 2016 - 05:07 AM

View PostWant0n, on 31 October 2016 - 02:18 AM, said:

What times do you play stock matches? I'm mostly 9pm to 11pm UTC and would very much like to try the mode out.

We use to play around 21:00 to 23:00 (UTC-3 here) at the Steiner TS hub.

#11 RAM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 2,018 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 31 October 2016 - 05:22 AM

Great work! Stock is the simple solution, but did you sticky this yourself...?

RAM
ELH

#12 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 31 October 2016 - 07:20 AM

View PostRAM, on 31 October 2016 - 05:22 AM, said:

Great work! Stock is the simple solution, but did you sticky this yourself...?

I sort of did.... :/
(but I asked Her Tinaness permition first)

#13 RAM

• The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 2,018 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 31 October 2016 - 08:54 PM

View PostOdanan, on 31 October 2016 - 07:20 AM, said:

I sort of did.... :/
(but I asked Her Tinaness permition first)

All good then Posted Image

RAM
ELH

#14 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 01 November 2016 - 05:44 AM

Version 6 uploaded. Includes all mechs in the game (+ incoming Clan hero mechs).

I started adding links for the stock loadouts - as soon as I finish this, I will make some cosmetic improvements.

Edited by Odanan, 01 November 2016 - 05:44 AM.

#15 Rekkon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 325 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 01 November 2016 - 06:17 AM

How many participants do you usually get for stock mech matches? I am working on a campaign system with an eye toward making it stock clan mechs only, and am wondering if enough interest exists to run it. Estimate four teams of 10-15 people playing 1-3 battles a week (per team).

#16 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 01 November 2016 - 07:24 AM

View PostRekkon, on 01 November 2016 - 06:17 AM, said:

How many participants do you usually get for stock mech matches? I am working on a campaign system with an eye toward making it stock clan mechs only, and am wondering if enough interest exists to run it. Estimate four teams of 10-15 people playing 1-3 battles a week (per team).

Cool!
Well, we use to gather about 8-14 players, but we just started (more people will show up).

BTW, Clan stock campaign? You can count me in! (that bloodname won't get it by himself)

#17 Rekkon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 325 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 01 November 2016 - 08:23 AM

I will make a dedicated post once the first draft is ready, but the basic setup is the four invading Clans fighting over an arbitrary map. The Kerensky cluster ended up being about the right size, so that is what I used. Each Clan starts with a certain number and distribution of mechs based on TT assignment tables ala 3050. You can only use an individual machine once per turn, and (win or lose) it is lost if destroyed in battle. Planets contain factories to make replacements. So if you want more Timber Wolves, go take a planet with a Timber Wolf factory.

The core idea was to have a campaign where progress mattered (factories changing hands and thus affecting available mechs), where materiel mattered (squandering all your assaults in one battle would mean none available for others, at least until production replaced them), where the "meta" was open/unexplored (stock mechs) and where the flavor of the different factions was preserved (mech distributions and exclusives). For example, only Ghost Bear has access to Kodiaks, Wolf starts with more Timber Wolves than the other three Clans put together, etc. More than anything this could be a sticking point depending on players' stables. Heavies and assault only make up 30% of the distribution. Ghost Bear loves their Vipers, and Jade Falcon really, really likes Kit Foxes.

I expect the first draft to be fairly basic and used to sound out interest. If it takes off there are plenty of features I would like to add (bidding, garrisons, etc.). And of course the framework could easily be adapted for Inner Sphere use as well.

#18 TygerLily

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 09:12 AM

View PostOdanan, on 31 October 2016 - 05:07 AM, said:

We use to play around 21:00 to 23:00 (UTC-3 here) at the Steiner TS hub.

Hey can I add your event to our stock mech calendar?

http://mwomercs.com/...ock-mech-mayhem

What's the Steiner TS hub address?

#19 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 01 November 2016 - 09:30 AM

View PostTygerLily, on 01 November 2016 - 09:12 AM, said:

Hey can I add your event to our stock mech calendar?

http://mwomercs.com/...ock-mech-mayhem

What's the Steiner TS hub address?

ts1.housesteiner.com
(no password)

View PostRekkon, on 01 November 2016 - 08:23 AM, said:

I will make a dedicated post once the first draft is ready, but the basic setup is the four invading Clans fighting over an arbitrary map. The Kerensky cluster ended up being about the right size, so that is what I used. Each Clan starts with a certain number and distribution of mechs based on TT assignment tables ala 3050. You can only use an individual machine once per turn, and (win or lose) it is lost if destroyed in battle. Planets contain factories to make replacements. So if you want more Timber Wolves, go take a planet with a Timber Wolf factory.

The core idea was to have a campaign where progress mattered (factories changing hands and thus affecting available mechs), where materiel mattered (squandering all your assaults in one battle would mean none available for others, at least until production replaced them), where the "meta" was open/unexplored (stock mechs) and where the flavor of the different factions was preserved (mech distributions and exclusives). For example, only Ghost Bear has access to Kodiaks, Wolf starts with more Timber Wolves than the other three Clans put together, etc. More than anything this could be a sticking point depending on players' stables. Heavies and assault only make up 30% of the distribution. Ghost Bear loves their Vipers, and Jade Falcon really, really likes Kit Foxes.

I expect the first draft to be fairly basic and used to sound out interest. If it takes off there are plenty of features I would like to add (bidding, garrisons, etc.). And of course the framework could easily be adapted for Inner Sphere use as well.

Wow, now this would be a Community Warfare I would jump into.

#20 TygerLily

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 09:34 AM

View PostOdanan, on 01 November 2016 - 09:30 AM, said:

ts1.housesteiner.com
(no password)

Cool and is there a regular day? Special rules, etc?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users