Are You Happy The Light Mech Queue Is Dead?

339 replies to this topic

#1 XxXAbsolutZeroXxX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 09:37 AM

A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away.

Grievance and salt saturated dissidents attacking from a hidden base succeeding in killing off class I jump jets with their incessant complaining.

Fast forward time lapse. Grievance and salt saturated dissidents have succeeded in killing off the light mech queue with their incessant complaining.

Are people happy the complainer faction ruins things like jump jets and light mechs and make this game less fun?

What will they ruin next?

#2 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 28 October 2016 - 09:38 AM

View PostI Zeratul I, on 28 October 2016 - 09:37 AM, said:

The Kodiak, hopefully.

#3 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 28 October 2016 - 09:40 AM

If there were more lights, there'd surely be more streak boats to follow

#4 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 09:44 AM

I don't think complaining killed the lights, I think it's the high skill ceiling required to make them worth the ride.

Personally, I can't pilot lights for ****. My Jenner performance is atrocious, the Urbanmech doesn't really count, and my attempt at playing the Locust...

Well, lets just say I didn't even Basic a single Locust, because I'm not so much of an ******* that I'll subject everyone else to... whatever the hell it is I'm doing when I I drop in it. I've, in fact, sworn off lights entirely, with the exception of the Urbanmech (OP) and maybe the occasional Jenner drop (But only in a party where I'll be playing support).

#5 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 09:46 AM

Light and Medium queue has been low since inception, the only change I've noticed so far is that the KDK brought the Assault queue up by 3%-5% during the times I play.

I've been saying for years that light mechs are weak, difficult and good for conquest only. A good assault pilot can nail a lights leg with 1 or 2 shots completely shutting down that mechs ability to fight.

I generally pilot DWFs and AS7s, if I'm in an Atlas I have a STD 300 and I bring counter measures for dealing with lights. Yes the twist speed is horrendous but they only need to be in my cross hairs a second before they've taken an AC20 to the leg or 4 isMPL or 2 isLPL or 3x SRM6s and often all at once.

Now in the right hands a light can be VERY deadly, I've seen the screen shots of a SDR 5V pilot doing 1000 damage but this isn't common. Even when the FS9 was released I said lights were weak, it has to do all its fighting at 120m and unless it is behind some one that isn't paying attention it doesn't have much chance of killing it for the average user. When the ACH came out I couldn't believe they reversed all the quirks, it was deadly enough to pose a threat and fast enough to ring around an Assault.

I've mastered SDRs, ACHs, LCTs, and MLXs, I own 10 lights after selling some recently that I didn't feel like I needed after the ACH came out. So I know how to pilot a light with some success but don't main them.

Doubling armor made Heavies incredible but did almost nothing for lights.
No recon or info role makes lights the last choice for the average pilot.

They all need armor and structure buffs, even the FS9 and the ACH, but the rest more so.

Every time a light poses a threat people complain incessantly about how broken it is and PGI listens regardless of how few light pilots there are.

Edited by Xetelian, 28 October 2016 - 10:03 AM.

#6 Ex Atlas Overlord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 09:47 AM

I still see plenty of people wrecking face with light mechs.

I'm thinking the re-scale just weeded out people that needed crutches.

View PostXetelian, on 28 October 2016 - 09:46 AM, said:

A good assault pilot can nail a lights leg with 1 or 2 shots completely shutting down that mechs ability to fight.

A good light pilot can kill multiple assault mechs from behind while taking virtually no return fire.

Soo we're done here right?

Edited by Ex Atlas Overlord, 28 October 2016 - 09:48 AM.

#7 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 28 October 2016 - 09:49 AM

Posted Image

Still love my urbies though.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 28 October 2016 - 09:50 AM.

#8 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 28 October 2016 - 09:50 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 28 October 2016 - 09:38 AM, said:

The Kodiak-3, hopefully.

FTFY. We wouldn't want to completely ruin an entire chassis for no good reason, now would we?

#9 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 28 October 2016 - 09:51 AM

View PostRestosIII, on 28 October 2016 - 09:50 AM, said:

FTFY. We wouldn't want to completely ruin an entire chassis for no good reason, now would we?

A worthy sacrifice, in my opinion.

#10 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 28 October 2016 - 09:54 AM

View PostEx Atlas Overlord, on 28 October 2016 - 09:47 AM, said:

I still see plenty of people potatoes being wrecking face with wrecked by light mechs.

FTFY

No, you primarily weeded out any potential for legitimate Light mechs from the pool.

A good light pilot can kill multiple assault mechs from behind while taking virtually no return fire.

Assuming potatoes, sure. Against good players? lol, good luck with that.

Potatoes will potato.

#11 SplashDown

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 399 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 10:00 AM

View PostI Zeratul I, on 28 October 2016 - 09:37 AM, said:

A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away.

Grievance and salt saturated dissidents attacking from a hidden base succeeding in killing off class I jump jets with their incessant complaining.

Fast forward time lapse. Grievance and salt saturated dissidents have succeeded in killing off the light mech queue with their incessant complaining.

Are people happy the complainer faction ruins things like jump jets and light mechs and make this game less fun?

And with the low player base and longer wait times for matches..i figure 1 more bad patch ought to be the final nail in the coffin for this game.

The Kodiak, hopefully.

The Kodiak is fine..players like you are the problem..constantly blaming the game and the other guys mech for you're own failings and lack of skill.....i drop kodiaks all the time..not hard at all....learn to play

#12 Baulven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 984 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 10:00 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 28 October 2016 - 09:51 AM, said:

A worthy sacrifice, in my opinion.

Stop trying to kill off the rest of the chassis please. I actually like the job broken ones.

#13 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 10:13 AM

View PostSplashDown, on 28 October 2016 - 10:00 AM, said:

The Kodiak is fine..players like you are the problem..constantly blaming the game and the other guys mech for you're own failings and lack of skill.....i drop kodiaks all the time..not hard at all....learn to play

Not to shame or anything, but... you've killed 26 mechs this season.

Assuming all of those are Kodiaks... carry the one... that's what, one Kodiak a week since release?

#14 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 28 October 2016 - 10:14 AM

View PostEx Atlas Overlord, on 28 October 2016 - 09:47 AM, said:

I still see plenty of people wrecking face with light mechs.

Mmm your understanding of game balance is quite impressive. I can't believe I even bothered arguing with you the other day.

Maybe if lights were nerfed so that they were balanced, the steam charts would show more players playing? /s

#15 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 10:15 AM

Ironically, light queue were the best I've ever seen during the Mechtoberfest event, since people were incentivized to play lights. I think I took screenshots where lights had more % than heavies a couple times.

View PostSplashDown, on 28 October 2016 - 10:00 AM, said:

And with the low player base and longer wait times for matches..i figure 1 more bad patch ought to be the final nail in the coffin for this game.

What longer wait times? I'm still getting the map selection screen within 10 seconds usually.

Also, do you think its a coincidence that the KDK has the highest leaderboard scores of any mech to date
What you're saying is like "I get 1000 damage games in the Trebuchet all the time...it's not a weak chassis. People just need to learn how to play them."

#16 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 10:19 AM

Light queue still seems to hover between 8 and 20 percent when I am queuing up for QP. That is pretty much where it has been since I returned to MWO in January. IMO Lights are just not that popular because they do not feel like the giant armored robots that people want to play.

#17 Burke IV

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 10:19 AM

Did light mechs get nerfed because people refused to use ssrms? How sad would that be. I still laugh when i see the front of a jenner coming round the corner. The way it waddles aswell.

#18 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 28 October 2016 - 10:21 AM

As long as Arctic Cheater exists, the Light queue will never die. Posted Image

#19 Belacose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 539 posts
  • LocationArlington Texas

Posted 28 October 2016 - 10:22 AM

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 28 October 2016 - 09:40 AM, said:

If there were more lights, there'd surely be more streak boats to follow

I Quit running STREAKs after the re-scale. ...

#20 Groutknoll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 10:23 AM

The Kodiak, hopefully.

how about returning the victors and highlanders back to the poptart days there by fixing the kodiaks? also change hover jets back to JUMP jets?

kdk-3 vs vtr/hgn poptart which will be the meta?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users