Faction Warfare

5 replies to this topic

#1 Bless_O_Blee

• PipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 07:34 PM

Been wanting to play some Faction Warfare but is there a certain faction I should join right now? I was clan ghost bear but could never find a game or is the game mode just dead?

Edited by Hawk Eye Gouge, 02 November 2016 - 07:35 PM.

#2 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 02 November 2016 - 08:27 PM

you might want to try posting in the faction warfare specific subforums.

Beyond picking a faction, I would urge connecting with an actual unit that you can drop with.
FW can be a pretty miserable experience with random pugs.

#3 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 03 November 2016 - 12:33 AM

For the clans, it seems Jade Falcon is the most active during my prime playing times. As for the IS, they've been pretty heavy towards FRR or Lyran.

I'd suggest mercing it up, and taking a week with each, because my prime gaming time slots may be different than yours, and only by trying will you know.

#4 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 03 November 2016 - 12:59 AM

View PostHawk Eye Gouge, on 02 November 2016 - 07:34 PM, said:

Been wanting to play some Faction Warfare but is there a certain faction I should join right now? I was clan ghost bear but could never find a game or is the game mode just dead?

It's basically, dead.

Sad, I enjoyed playing it but have barely done so in the last match due to being unable to find matches or just endless "ghost dropping".

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 01:44 AM

If there's an event going on, faction warfare activity will drop significantly. For matches you need 24 players, 12 on each side, and the willingness to do nothing at all while waiting for them to get together. There isn't a lot of that going around without "groups". Most people incite some action in the faction warfare threads and then set some times. Then you get some pretty fast matches (so long as you incite ahead of time and plan on something in a few days after starting it).

For a fun example, look up Kurita's offering of the "peace branch, olive type" in the faction warfare forums to the 'Davion clan' (as in family rather than 'The Clans' with a capital C). Basically it was a hilariously fun way of saying "you're not worth fighting" which stirred up some stuff and then they went into daily fights for about a month and a half, some 8+ matches a day.

Edited by Koniving, 04 November 2016 - 01:45 AM.

#6 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 01:49 AM

Some other two factions had this inciting declaration of "territory confiscation" back when refusing to fight would allow them to take your territory, which eventually stopped getting ignored and fought against. Honestly something like that needs to go back into effect, provided that it can't be abused by the numbers game (too many attackers, not enough defenders), but faction warfare would have to hold a meaning beyond colored planetary dots...

As a lone wolf or single merc, you could participate anywhere on any front. In which case take your pick on planets with super close to even numbers of 12. Such as 11 and 12, means one more spot on the attackers needs to be filled for the game to start.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users